This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Want Us Out!

I have been living in a rented semi with my 2 kids (11 &13) for just under a year now - my partner moved in with us last October - and I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that my next door neighbours, whom I have never actually met, are trying to force us to leave! And I don't even know why!

It started with malicious, unfounded complaints about noise. They called the council and the police, neither of whom could find anything wrong. At this point we first heard the hammering on the bedroom wall every Sat & Sun morning and they set up an alarm to give off a high pitched squeal every time we used our front door. (When the weather started getting warm and we began to sit out in the back garden, they moved it round there!)

Eventually, our landlord received a solicitor's letter complaining about "constant parties" and he in turn wrote to us warning that if we didn't stop our partying we would have to leave. The problem is - we can't stop something if we're not doing it in the first place!!!

I'm at my wits end - I just don't understand how someone who's never even spoken to me could want to throw me and my family out of our home when we haven't done anything wrong!

I'd be so grateful for any advice or enlightenment any of you could impart... :cry:

*Please do not follow this advice*

Reading everyones posts about nfh makes mine seem tame (at the moment). I just feel like doing something outlandish to these people.

I would use a huge mirror lense in the garden (like archimedes one) to burn 'cheese eating surrender monkeys' in 3 foot high letters across their fence from a safe distance.

I would then purchase a 'low frequency sound generator' and hide it in their house .. it causes nausea, paranoia and a generally uneasy feeling.

I would then ring up BT and cancel their phone (easy to do if they havn't put a password on their account ... I advise everyone does this in order to prevent malicious nfh from doing it instead).

After that, I would buy 50 white robot rats, spray them green, attach small bells to their tails and let them loose in their garden, then ring up the EH to say that "the person next door is breeding radioactive musical rats and what are you going to do about it?"

FF

Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

On a more serious note, have you tried talking to them about this? Perhaps a mediator would be a good idea at this stage?

(hark at me ... only been posting a few days, but I'm picking up some good ideas from other peoples posts)

I hope that you don't get too stressed out in the meantime

FF
      Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Hi harassed you will find a lot of helpful advice on this site. I live in a 3 bedroomed semi with my partner. We rent from the council. Are you and your NFH council tenents?, could it be possible they wanted to move into your house?.

Is your house bigger, larger garden, drive etc. Do they have relations hoping to live near them.

I have lived at my place 18yrs then my NFH moved here, they have tried to blacken our name with everyone who passes their way, trying to get us to leave.

Would it be possible for you and your partner to approach these people to ask what the problem is?. Whatever you do don't lose your tempers, let one of you talk while the other one listens. If they just shout abuse ,walk away. Keep notes and buy a dictiphone to carry around with you. Good luck.

Comment

They sound as if they are up to something and you need the evidence to prove that this is all in their heads.

If you have a camcorder or web cam, use it, if you have to record your every move do it, because the truth will out ~ just hang in there.

Try and get some support from any other neighbour who can support all these fictitious stories about parties and such.

Hateful, horrible people.

Idgy

Comment

Hi Harassed and welcome to the Forum

Just a few quick notes as I'm in a hurry, but hopefully other members will be along soon.

- Please check out the Self Help Articles on the NFH Home Page

- Please start logging down everything that happens between you and your neighbours (there are some blank sheets in the Resources Section of the NFH Home Page)

- Have you considered speaking or writing to your neighbours (make sure you keep copies of anything you send them)?

Got to dash, but please check back here often to get your replies.

Comment

Hi

Sounds like you are facing the same irrational hatred as my wife and I. If you have time, read my posts and follow the advice I have been given. It's a long process but it is all such good advice from people who know what they are talking about. We ain't by any means won the war but we are winning the battle - albeit very slowly.

Best of luck

John
              "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Hi Harassed

I too am wondering what they are up to!!

I wonder if your landlord could spare you half an hour to shed some more light on this. He must have more info than "constant partying" to be issuing this warning(like have they logged any incidences of this, have they logged info for Environmental Health?).

Ther could well be some mileage in contacting council and asking if there is a mediation service in your area for neighbour disputes. Should you contact a mediation service, and inform your landlord you have done so(of course, logging all this), you will be making a reasonable attempt to get to the bottom of your neighbours supposed problem with you.

Also, check out if their is a housing advice/aid centre in your area, for further advice, and representation if your landlord takes action against you(which I really hope doesn't happen).

I hope you get to the bottom of this!

Sapph

Comment

Hi there! I'm glad you have found this site - sometimes just getting it off your chest to people who understand can make you feel a lot better, so go ahead and keep venting spleen!

Is your landlord a private individual acting alone, a private individual acting through a letting agent or the council? I would be surprised if your tenancy could be brought to an end simply because of an unfounded complaint of "constant partying" - I imagine that they don't have any evidence because you haven't been doing it! A lot of tenancies have a clause in them stating that the tenant won't do anything that will cause a nuisance to those living nearby, and your nfh should have a similar provision in theirs. The high pitched alarm thing really does sound like them doing that to you, so perhaps you should send your own written complaint to your Landlord??

Follow everyone else's advice about keeping a list of things that happen with dates and times, and make sure you don't give in to any urges to do similar things to the nfh. If you do decide to get even, I think that freaky fun has some very good suggestions and, if I may add my own DO NOT DO THIS disclaimer, maybe you could buy a dog and train it to use their doorstep as its very own private doggy loo?? :hihi: :ban:

Comment

Working...
                  X