This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nfh Who Use My New Drive.

I have recently brought a house with my boyfriend and we moved in December. The majority of the houses in the street don't have drives but when we moved in it was our priority to have one built. Which was done back in April.

Unfortuantely our neighbours have decided to use it as a turn around rather than going down to the end of the street. Which is very annoying when we are in bed and 2 head light beams through our window late at night.

They have 4 cars to their house hold and all of these use our drive!!!! I have had a quiet word with the family saying, 'Could you please not use my drive,' but I just got ignored.

So I have taken drastic measures and had a CCTV camera installed. Which to my disbelief I have caught them on camera using the drive while we are at work too. They aren't just using the payment (which I can't do anything about) but they do actual pull onto the drive.

I caught them last night pulling onto the drive as I was by the window. But they healed abuse at me.

Can someone give me some advice on this matter. Am I being petty!!!! Or do you think I have a case. Should I contact a solicitor or the police!!!!

Also I can't have gates because the drive slopes up.

I would love honest opinions!!

Thanks

Jo

Hi Johayc and welcome to the forum

Is there no way you could put a gate across your drive to stop your neighbours using it?

Some people seem to have the impression that they can go anywhere they please! :angry: I don't know about the legalities of this situation so I'll leave it for others who may have the relevant information to answer you.

I'm sure you'll find a lot of sympathy and support here as well a lot of very sound advice

Good luck

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi there,

not quite sure what advice i can give you, other than keep recording any incidents ....they are trespassing but i dont know how you can take it further, hopefully someone will come along who knows a bit more about this.

hang on a mo... i just thought of something...what about putting those pole thingies in the drive, which you can lift up when you drive off and put down when you need to pull onto your drive?? or an automatic ramp....

i know i know...it all runs into £££££££££££'s and why should you have to spend out because of other peoples antisocial habits.?????

4 cars???? sounds like the woman i have sold my house to...i wonder how my NFH will like that!!!!!har har
      http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Hello Joyhac,

Why not use one of those chain link things you can padlock at each end, this will stop them being able to remove them when it suits.

If they try breaking them, catch them on camera thats criminal damage.

If you use gates they will just knock them open and blame visitors for leaving them ajar.

Comment

good idea goosegirl!!! and not expensive either!!! :lol:
          http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Annabel

hang on a mo... i just thought of something...what about putting those pole thingies in the drive, which you can lift up when you drive off and put down when you need to pull onto your drive??

Excellent piece of advice there from Annabel. They are very good actually and if you start reversing or driving into them they can cause of serious amount of damage to your bumpers - particulary the colour coded (painted) type. You also get padlocks to secure them too so no-one can tamper with them.

Comment

Hi Johayc

If you do decide to put the posts in, make sure that a car won't be able to squeeze through. My parents have them to stop people parking by their house...but guess who can get their car through them :P Just letting you know

Tri

Comment

Hi Johayc and welcome to the Forum

Sorry to hear about your neighbours using your drive as a turning point, like Misty says, some people just seem to think they can do whatever they want.

I would try to find something to install, just to recap what other members have said (all great suggestions):

- think again about gates, is there no way at all that you can get some fitted?

- a chain across the end of your drive

- a parking pole/stick (I saw some of these for sale in Makro and quite reasonably priced too)

If you have been recording when your neighbours use your drive, then you may want to consider writing to them, giving details of when they've used it and asking them to stop.

If they don't stop, then you could contact the Police, but it's unlikely that they will be able to do much about it (in my experience).

Aren't nfh a pain?

Comment

Working...
                X