X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yippee!

Hi everyone,

Since my last post a lot has happened. My nfh went really quiet for a few weeks and even apologised to me "for everything". I was initially extremely surprised but knew better than to think it would last very long. Even my friends and colleagues took the mickey out of me saying that I must have dreamt it.

Anyway, while she was behaving in such a remarkable (normal to us) way I decided to place my property on the market once again. Armed with the letter from the council and the nfh behaving like a human being I thought I would be able to pull it off. I even paid a gardener to come and dig up my borders and plant some shrubs. Lo and behold as soon as I did this the nfh went barmy again.

She started to harass me every morning when I was leaving for work to say that the overflow was leaking (it wasn't). I even paid a plumber to take a look and he said there was nothing wrong with it. She then threatened to throw a bucket of bleach water (she uses it to sluice her yard after the dog has done its business) over me and/or my plants. She reckoned it came from the pipe which was ludicrous. All the while her yard started filling up with plant after plant (she never had any before). She started coming out every morning and every evening, nicely timed with my comings and goings, whistling a horrible tuneless whistle while faffing around with the flowers.

Eventually she did throw bleach over my plants and then started chopping the flowers and buds off the ones that she had not killed outright. She then threw an egg at my living room window (apparently kids threw them at hers too ... yeah right! Exactly the same excuse she used for the hammering!). Finally, my keys were stolen when I absent-mindedly left them in my door (I can't think of anyone else who would take them) and then a piece of wood was jammed into the lock.

All along I had been telephoning the police to get log numbers and would you credit it that when the flowers got cut off I was asked if I objected to my story being in the local newspaper! Apparently this is a serious crime! I wasn't too bothered about calling any police out as, to be honest, I was sick of having to keep repeating my story. However, I was advised that it would be for the best. When I saw two police officers said that the incidents were of an extremely serious nature and that they were very concerned! Really? I thought it was a lot more serious when she was verbally abusing me, threatening me and keeping me up all night (but what do I know?)!! I told them that I wanted to put it on hold as I was attempting to move house. Obviously if anything serious happened in the meantime I would let them know. I also got a telephone message from the community WPC that I had written to way back in December! All this over an egg and sabotaged plants!! Amazing!

Anyway, back to my moving! A couple came and viewed while the nfh was blasting out music and were not bothered by it. They also saw her because she made a point of coming outside to say hello. I accepted a lower price than I would initially have liked but at least it enables me to move away. I do feel guilty that she may freak out with the new owners too, but I very much hope that her problem was only with me and that she will be nice to them. I know for a fact that she will tell them that I was the neighbour from hell as she loves telling people that!

It will be lovely to get away from her and also from the impressionable teenagers in the street who hang around with her and insist on calling me a sl*g everytime they see me. People have already noticed a difference in me and say that I am looking well. I certainly feel different and can feel my confidence coming back. It's amazing how these people make you feel that you are only existing rather than living.

It will be interesting to see what actually happens on the moving day. I'm sure I will have an audience! I just hope she doesn't decide to follow the van! Am I being paranoid or what?!

Whatever happens I will definitely be celebrating very soon and I hope to God that my new neighbours will all be wonderful. Let's face it though they could hardly be any worse than what I am leaving behind.

Love,

Becca xx

P.S. I can only get to use the PC at work which means I do not always have time to read or reply to new entries. So I just wanted to say to everyone chin up things will work out in the end. I firmly believe in what goes around comes around. Best of luck everyone!

Hi Becca

Great news that you're moving...good on you

Hope your new home is heaven without any NFH

Tri

Comment

Lovely news and I am delighted to hear it.

Best of luck in your new home.

Idgy

Comment

Hi Becca

After all this you've endured, I'm delighted that you have the chance to move.

All the very best of luck!!

Sapph

Comment

excellant Becca!!

all the luck in the world to you, let us know how you get on! :jump: :clover: :flowers: :clover:

Comment

:lol:

Hooray I love to hear good stories about people escaping their NFH!!! We are in the legal mire of trying to move, it hasnt been very long (3 weeks) but it feels like forever. Our next door neighbour is moving today, he is so happy, and we are happy for him, but it just makes us more desperate to get moving!!! plus we feel we are losing an ally and will be all alone with the NFH !!!!! We do have other nice neighbours but they work shifts so we dont see them that much.

good luck to you!!!! :clover: :sorcerer: :cheers:
            http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Becca, may I wish you all the luck in the world in your new home I hope you find neighbours with hearts of gold

Take care

Misty
              "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hoping for every good luck and peaceful times in your new home Becca! May it remain forever NFH free!

:cheers: unk:

Comment

Hi Becca and good news about the house move .

It's great to hear that the Police are more concerned about flowers than you :huh: . Anyway, you're out of there soon.

Good luck and keep us posted when you can.

Comment

Thank you all for your wonderful replies!!

Annabel, I totally understand where you are coming from! I have lived next to my neighbour for 14 years and the last 6 of them have been particularly hellish. My move has taken just over 11 weeks which I suppose is not long really but has felt like a lifetime!!

All of you keep your spirits up and always remember that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Becca xx

:wine:

Comment

Hi Becca,

I've just read your post & its so uplifting!

I came here & wrote some time ago when I was going through hell with my neighbours - in fact its got no easier, which is why I've decided that I have to move. But I've been panicking as I know that you have to declare everything now. & that there are forms to fill in from the solicitors. I was wondering if this effects the mortgage lenders decision to give you a loan? I am really worried because if I can't move to get away from them, I will be devastated! I woud of course definitely be prepared to take a lower price as you have for the sake of a new happy life & my sanity! & I know that it's going to be tricky as thr noise is goin gto be apparent to buyers!

But yours is fantastic news, very encourging. Good luck for the future. Hope it all works out great for you.

Missy

Comment

Working...
                      X