X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Progress

Hello All

I've given the okay for the fence to go up on Friday and I'm so happy :jump: The Bates' come back from their hols on Saturday...what a lovely surprise for them :hihi:

I told my nice neighbour what is happening and the response was pure elation ("You little beauty") They are also thinking of putting a 6ft fence on their side. This will mean that the Bates' will be blocked off on both sides of their back garden :P I didn't realise just how much the Bates' had upset the nices

Well this means that the countdown begins until fence day :lol: and boys playing in the garden in peace

I don't even need to have access to their garden as it will all be on my side...so I lose a couple of inches, but I gain peace of mind

No doubt it will start off a whole new lot of C*** from them. She will be on the phone at the first possible moment complaining about it, but I have covered that angle already :P So she will have to think of something else, and I don't for one minute think that she won't.

Tri

Great news Tri - peace in your garden at last without them watching you.

Hopefully your kids can play happily now, I'm really pleased for you all.

I'd love to be a fly on the Bates' wall on Saturday :lol: .

Comment

Excellent news Tri. I hope to be following in your footsteps later this year when my NFH is away on holiday.

At least if they harass you now, they'll have to put a bit more effort into it. Its great to think you're fencing them in on both sides. That'll leave them just to enjoy each others company.
      Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

Thanks Holly I'd also like to be a fly on the wall, with a dictaphone so that I could play it over and over again :hihi: and have the lasting pleasure of knowing that at last I ACTUALLY know how I have upset them :lol:

Thanks Rockbank I was thinking of you whilst I was posting. I read your post earlier and it seems that it is the best idea to do it whilst NFH are away, at least the work can be completed without any aggravation. Good luck when you come to erect your fence :clover:

Tri

Comment

I am only tagging in on the end of this...but it sounds very good to me

Comment

Tristar,

Great news. I know your cctv annoyed them also.

Maybe it would be worth putting a new camera up looking at your new fence and capture the moment. :devil:

Take care Kevin

Comment

Kevin

I intend to do just that, then I can catch all the dastardly deeds :hihi: If I position it right I will be able to see just my garden and whatever comes over the fence...there is nothing they will be able to do about it :lol:

I have been clearing the garden and digging up plants in preparation for the new fence

I now feel like a child on Christmas Eve waiting for tomorrow to come. I'm going to have an early night (a couple of drinks should help :hihi: ) then tomorrow should come quicker :P

Tri

Comment

I now feel like a child on Christmas Eve waiting for tomorrow to come. I'm going to have an early night (a couple of drinks should helpÂ* ) then tomorrow should come quickerÂ*

Lol, tri, it's nice to find the child inside, isn't it? Good luck for tomorrow. Hope the fence is all you dreamed of

Misty
                "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Wonderful news, I always like to hear good news and this sounds like a little bit of that.

Oh I could just do an Irish jig for you - wonder if Vernon's about to partner me up on it ?

Hopefully, once the inital shock has died down, Norma and Co will come to the conclusion that being fenced in was of all their own doing and she can't do diddly squat about a fence going up.

Comment

Hi Tri

Perhaps some footage of the fence going up on camcorder...then you can review your pleasure at your leisure....perhaps Matthew could help you get it on here...streaming video, great!

Let this be a lesson to them!

Enjoy.

Sapph

Comment

Tri,

Never one to profit but you could always sent the footage to "You've been framed" or is it "You've been fenced" ? :hihi:

Hope all goes well today.

Take care kevin

Comment

Hi All :P

Well my new fence is up and looks lovely It turns out that it is 8ft high at the bottom of my garden but 6 ft on the Bates' side :hihi: The nices came in to see it and love it. We're all waiting for the Bates to get home now...oh how I wish I could be a fly on the wall tomorrow.

As I have had it erected on my side of the original fence, which is still there, there is nothing she can do :hihi: I know she will hate it as she can't paint it blue to match the rest...my garden will now be a neat little haven for my children to play in...oh I'm so glad that I did it!

Will let you all know what happens tomorrow :hihi: :P

Tri

Comment

Hi Tri

I bet it looks beautiful doesn't it..a work of art?

I hope your nfh admire it too..I am sure they will be appreciative of all the effort you have put in! :P

And they are just soooo ungrateful if they aren't!

Sapph

Comment

nice one tri!

bet it looks very ground force!!

hehe, you could of painted it for her before you put it up!! :P

you will have to let us know about any screams from the bates!!

:nfh1: and stay out!

Comment

Hi i

great stuff. We put up high trellis on posts 10 ins our side of their boundary fence and backed it with that black weed supressant. Looks great from our side as Julie has trailed virginia creeper up over it - but nfh rants about it being an eyesore from her side. Silly cow - if she hadn't started all this and claimed that we were looking at her (we have no desire to look at her) then she would never have had an eyesore. She was going to planning office as the trellis is higher than the 6ft 6ins allowed here - we pre-empted her though. Planning man siad that high trellis on posts, 10ins our side of boundary does not constituate a boundary fence!

We can go outside now and hear but not see her. More importantly, she can hear us living our lives as normal but she can not see us which rally seems to hack her of!

All good stuff and again, well done!

John
                              "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Working...
                              X