No announcement yet.

Success With The Ehs

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success With The Ehs

As per my first post, I explained how we contacted the Environmental Health Services to report on and perhaps take action against the hell neighbors that cause us so much bother. The department never replied to several letters making me somewhat desperate as what to do next!

Anyhow, last week I had the simplest idea - something so obvious I must have been nuts to miss it, find the local council website and EMAIL that department.

Within just half a day, I have the 'Pollution Control Officer' telling me to make an appointment with him as he would be VERY HAPPY to come around, take some measurements and start the complaints procedure as needed.

Phew - now I know they can help is a great relief.

Also to my surprise, he said they can take vibration measurements with a seismic meter using a similar type they use to measure earthquakes!

It's certainly needed at the moment as the older son is back (temporary I pray & hope) and is causing the house walls to vibrate and actually move (you can hear the plaster creaking). I thought something was up when I felt this long-gone vibration start at the weekend. What do they do to make seismic waves I really don’t know but hearing and feeling it again is devastating.

Peter J.

We could of done with a vibration thingy me gig when bubble and squeak were next door!

they could make the cups rattle!!

that is great news though Peter, I hope they get lots of evidence!

good luck

Email is a very useful tool as I have found out for myself

It's great to hear that you got the EHS to get back to you Peter Let's hope that finally you will get some action Good luck, I look forward to hearing more from you in the near future, something positive

"Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

That's good news Peter

Glad to hear that you are now getting somewhere with the EH department - please keep us posted to let us know how things go.