X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Over.

Hello all,

A few days ago I posted a letter I was thinking of sending to my nfh.I would like to thank everybody that offered me advise on this.I took the advise and posted the letter on saturday.

This morning my neighbour came to my door.We spent the better part of an hour disscussing all the issues between us, in a cival and reasonable fashion.

He apologied for all problems he had caused and offerd his hand. I accepted.We have agreed to conduct ourselves in a neighbourly fashion from now on.

Half an hour after the conversation ended as a sign of good faith he took a chain saw to all his trees and brought them down.

I would like to thank everybody that has read my story and offered me advise.

Time for a quiet celebration

many thanks kevin

Excellent news Kevin! Really, really good. So pleased to hear that.

Comment

Kevin that's fantastic. He didn't just talk he did - which shows promise for the future as neighbours.

I'm pleased for you.

Comment

Great news Kevin

I'm really pleased for you. So the letter worked, you discussed your concerns like reasonable adults AND your neighbour showed some consideration for you by taking positve action by cutting the trees down.

Fantastic news. Long may your neighbour continue to behave in this way.

Comment

Way to go Kev - what a fantastic result!

Maybe actually there was NFH, just a mis-understanding between two reasonable folk that got out of hand.

Success stories like this are rare, and its a credit to both you and your neighbour that you sorted it all out amicably.

Well done (both)

Comment

ah Kevin!!

I could cry for your sucess!!

well done to you and your neighbour!

have a drink for me please

Comment

Kevin, you've made my day An absolutely fantastic result Let's hope your neighbour's change of heart is permanent Very well done.

Misty
              "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Brilliant, nice one Kevin How nice to hear a reconciliation and a success story Long may peace reign!

Comment

Amazing news.

Just out of interest - do you entirely feel different about this ex-NFH? I don`t think I`d ever forgive mine.

Comment

WELL DONE KEVIN P WHAT A (TREE)MENDOUS SUCCESS STORY.

Its a shame all neighbours from hell were not as amicable as yours.

Wishing you a peaceful life. MR U.

Comment

Well done Kevin. I'm very pleased for you and your n'hood. Keep it up.

WELL DONE KEVIN P WHAT A (TREE)MENDOUS SUCCESS STORY[/b]

-you know, I SAW that one coming

Comment

Well done!

And I'm pleased and proud to have been a part of your victory: helps with my sense of powerlessness against my own nfh. Would your neighbour like to lend him a saw??!!!
                        "Poor Tom shall lead thee" (King Lear)

Comment

Hi all,

Just out of interest - do you entirely feel different about this ex-NFH? I don`t think I`d ever forgive mine.[/b]

Thanks for all the words of support.I have thought about Reinen's question since I first saw it.You know I don't think I can forgive him for what he put both me and wife through these last couple of years.I know that might sound heartless but at the end of the day he is still the same bloke he was before we had our talk.

I can tell you one thing though I will remain civil to him. I have one thing now that I have not had for sometime now, the abitity to reason with him.Only time will tell if peace remains but I will go out of my way to make sure it does.

Forgive him ?I don't think so.Toterate him and remain civil I really hope so.

Once again thanks Kevin

Comment

I totally agree Kevin. I don't think I could ever forgive him either, but to live in peace and comfort is all that anyone asks and if it means being civil to someone we dislike, then that's what we do.

WELL DONE!!! LET THE CORKS FLY

Tri

Comment

Working...
                            X