X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nfh Confessess

Yesterday evening we spoke to our nfh.

~ he asked if we had heard loud music lately, I said no.

~ he said he had moved all his equipment and said would keep the volume turned down

~ he apologised for upsetting us and playing music and causing a nuisance with parking

~ he asked whether his cars were causing a nuisance now and I explained that one of them was...he said he would move it and that when he sold his other car there shouldn't be a problem

~ I explained that I didn't want to have any conflict, but that I did not like being woken up at 2/3/4 am by his music and friends rowdy behaviour - he said that he could fully appreciate this

I truly hope this is a successful outcome. My faith in human nature will be restored if he sticks to his word. I shall give him the benefit of the doubt at this stage and hope that peace reigns.

I shall keep you all updated and shall continue to visit the site. I thank everyone who has offered suggestions and support with Holly's noise and parking problems.

HGL

xxx

Good news Holly!

I wonder why he's had this change of heart? I'm all for giving someone another chance where deserved, I hope he sticks to his new-found behaviour, you deserve it.

And well done you Nice to hear good news.

Comment

I wonder why he's had this change of heart?[/b]

Various possibilities:-

I think his relationship with the fiesta woman has ended - he is now with sierra woman. Perhaps she has a steadying influence on him?

His new job (he says) is now office based.

Perhaps it's the suit? Or the capsules that he washes his ties in?

HGL 'ing for joy!

Comment

Do you think he could have gone in for a personality transplant before landing this new job ? Possible I suppose.

Still I don't care what it is - it looks like your NFH (Drongo) has definitely had his conscience well and truly pricked.

About the BMW I used to have one of them before I got the 4x4 and I don't think I had a bad influence over my fiance when I had it. But then again it did have my teeth marks round the steering wheel by the time I traded it in !!! Only joking !

Good luck to you Holly - lets hope all goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby@Mar 20 2003, 6:39 PM

But then again it did have my teeth marks round the steering wheel by the time I traded it in !!!* Only joking !
          Ummmmmmmmm...........dare I ask why??!

Comment

Whatever the reason for his change, holly, I hope it lasts. This might really be the success we've all been waiting for.

Good luck, I've got everything crossed for you

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Before you come up with any smutty conotations Matthew it was meant to imply that I had bad driving habits, i.e. putting my foot dowm on the accelerator.

The teeth round the steering wheel implies champing at the bit, and wanting to get past the geezer in front with the flat cap doing 20mph in a national speed limit.

Obviously this is one of my wise cracks that has been well and truly wasted.

Still not to worry Matthew I shall think up some more - this time I shall simplify them for you rather than your ROFLMAO or blummin ant eating variations.

Come to think of it what have ants got to do with nextdoor neighbours anyway and another thing I have not come across anyone yet who has moaned about an Anteater in their NFH's garden, so ants don't even come into it.

Comment

and another thing I have not come across anyone yet who has moaned about an Anteater in their NFH's garden,[/b]
                ...............................just give it time, Scooby.........

Seriously though Holly; This looks like the best outcome that could've been. Very pleased for you and it is good these days to learn of at least one avoidable conflict ending

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby@Mar 20 2003, 10:42 PM

The teeth round the steering wheel implies champing at the bit, and wanting to get past the geezer in front with the flat cap doing 20mph in a national speed limit.

Still not to worry Matthew I shall think up some more - this time I shall simplify them for you rather than your ROFLMAO or blummin ant eating variations.*

Come to think of it what have ants got to do with nextdoor neighbours anyway and another thing I have not come across anyone yet who has moaned about an Anteater in their NFH's garden, so ants don't even come into it.
                  Ermmmm, Scooby have you been posting AND drinking the bottle again?!!

That's exactly what I thought with the teeth marks - they just spelt G-FORCE to me Whoever brought up smutty? Tsk. Certainly wasn't me....

What are you going on about.....ANTS? That was Misty's gem anyway, not mine

No Scooby Snax for you tonight, you just don't deseve them!

Comment

Everytime I see this thread I think 'Australian'. No, I'm not auditioning for a Castlemaine 4X advert, 'Drongo' is an Australian word as far as I'm aware?!

Being an avid Prisoner: Cell Block H fan too, I seem to remember it quoted many times, actually I'm going to see if I can find a definition Hang on.....

Got it:

The most famous Australian term to derive from racing parlance is drongo, meaning ‘a fool, a stupid person, a simpleton’. The origin of this term has sometimes been wrongly traced to the bird called the drongo.

The origin of drongo belongs with a horse rather than a bird. There was an Australian racehorse called Drongo during the early 1920s. He was a bay horse by Lanius-Lys d’Or, and, according to the Australasian Turf Register, he had 5 starts in 1923, 15 starts in 1924, and 17 starts in 1925.

He scored no wins. Yet he wasn’t an absolute no-hoper of a racehorse: He often came very close to winning major races, but in 37 starts he never won a race.

Tradition has it that soon after Drongo’s retirement racegoers started to apply his name to horses that were having similarly unlucky careers, and that it then became more negative, and was applied also to people who were not ‘unlucky’ so much as they were ‘hopeless cases', ‘no-hopers’, and thereafter ‘fools’.[/b]

There you go

Comment

Originally posted by april@Mar 21 2003, 9:54 PM

Good grief Matthew,

Is Cell Block H still going, I haven't seen it for about 10 years.
                      Hi April,

It was about 10 years ago when I watched it too, from start to end...lol. Got into it purely by accident on ITV Fantastic programme, B-Smith, Vinegar T and The Freak!

Channel 5, when they started up began to show it daily to get people interested in the new channel and then as time went by they reduced it (to lots of complaints apparentely!) to weekly...I don't know if they are showing it anymore. I don't believe you can get them on video either.....

Sorry Holly, I've really brought your post off-topic now, ooops

Comment

Just a quick update:

It has now been four weeks of bass free nights

Neighbour has been pleasant (he's renting out his back room to a young lady, who has also been pleasant).

There's too much pleasantness! Only joking. It's really nice being able to sleep properly. The noise-sensitivity has not worn off yet, I don't know if it ever will.

We still hear him, but those noises are perhaps those which he can't really help - stairs, drawers, light/plug switches. They are the house builders fault.

What was quite amusing (well, in hindsight it wasn't funny at all), was on Sunday/ Monday 2am I was woken by what sounded like knocking on our front door. We have since found out from our nice/normal neighbour that the bloke who lives at the other side of her put his washer on (at 2am!) - her daughter was banging on the wall in an attempt to get him to turn it off.

We have said that it would be lovely if we got rid of the blokes living at either side of us!

Comment

Hi Hollygolightly,

Today must be a good day for good news, I posted a sequel to Madhatter but for the time being I have put it in Members once everything is sorted out I shall pop it in success.

You know, the fear of putting it in success well I guess you think the same as me HGL, that if you put it in there then you are tempting fate a bit.

Still, I'm chufed for you all the same it just goes to show that although things take so damn long going through the legal channels - it does pay off somewhere along the line. Although the trouble is it's the time issue of getting things to happen so you can live you life in peace.

But all the best HGL true test - Easter Bank Holiday. Hopefully you will have a good one.

Happy Easter Holly - don't munch too many chockies - a moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips - well it is with me anyway !!!!!

Comment

P.S. Holly,

I forgot to tell you that I noticed your signature tonight and it gave me alot of comfort.

Rockbank's got quite a good one or five should I say.

So I suppose the forces of good will always overcome and defeat the forces of evil and after the rain look for the sunshine.

Mine is not particulary great - maybe I should change it - but I still feel that putting them all together on an island is the best way to deal with NFH they can put up with one anothers horrible behaviour then !!!

Comment

Fantastic news Holly I really hope your neighbour has changed forever
                              http://www.dawnie.interwebs.co.uk/Heart1.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X