X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrictions on DIY

Hi all,

Anyone know what legal restrictions there are for DIY at 10.50 PM!

My NFH had all day to do his usual *daily* house repairs, but decided to start sawing metal and chiseling at this hour of the late evening. As my bedroom window is just feet away from his back yard, I can hear everything. An option is to shut the window, but in this heat - whew!!

Peter J.

Hi Peter,

Yes it is roasting here tonight. Somebody in another thread said that noise was ok between 7am and 7pm. Somebody else said 7am til 11pm. I'm inclined to go with the second one.

What is it with these people that they have to do things like that at such antisocial times? I'm getting a taste of it with my new neighbours. Only been in the house a month and already they're repairing damage they've done to it!

Is there some sort of insanity bug going around? I think there must be and all NFH have caught it!!

Hope things quieten down for you, Peter. Take care

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Just make sure you logged the noise down and pass it on to the EHO.

sorry Peter, how horrible for you to have to listen to that at that time of night. I would be fuming !

did it go on for long?

Comment

The Noise legislation mentions the times between 11pm - 7am (check it out on the main nfh page under the legislation section).

But what inconsiderate person would really start DIY at 10.50 pm?

Like Beth says, just keep recording it all on your sheets Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J@May 29 2003, 11:01 PM

Hi all,

Anyone know what legal restrictions there are for DIY at 10.50 PM!

My NFH had all day to do his usual *daily* house repairs, but decided to start sawing metal and chiseling at this hour of the late evening. As my bedroom window is just feet away from his back yard, I can hear everything. An option is to shut the window, but in this heat - whew!!

Peter J.
          Oh!! this takes me back, a neighbour who lives 3 doors away from me used to build his sheds in his garden, he never done it in the daytime, he worked all through the night

All you could hear was Banging and sawing, so what we did was called the Enviromental Health and they were very quick to respond, and the neighbour stopped.

So it might be worth trying the Enviromental Health, I hope you get some peace soon Peter

I can't understand some people, they have no consideration for others
          http://www.dawnie.interwebs.co.uk/Heart1.gif

Comment

Thanks.

I had a better view later on and was surprised to see the mother doing the DIY work! Usually, such things are done by the idiot chap there. The noise stopped about 11.40pm and started again at 8.10am by the mother again.

What a message to give the already unruly son when both parents show no consideration whosoever! Where on earth is he going to learn that care and consideration to others gives you rewards in this world?

The mind boggles!

Peter J.

Comment

Yep, it really does Peter .

Any chance of speaking to her today about the DIY so late at night and how it affected you lat night? I know it's difficult, but it may be a good idea to try and nip this activity in the bud asap.

Comment

Working...
              X