This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disclosure and the property info form

Despite my NFH being the local nutter, I have only had cause to "discuss" two issues with him:

1. re. kids playing football against my car (asked politely, when they refused to stop, I put my car in garage)

2. i blocked the driveway when being picked up by a friend - he exploded, I apologised

Although the atmosphere is horrid now, I ignore the whole lot of them and I have a buyer. I checked with CAB, they said I have not officially recorded any complaint or dispute with any official body, so am ok to put no disputes on the form - they would class these interactions as "day to day discussion".

I agree with this - my question is - if the buyers move in and subsequently have problems, do they have comeback on me, or is it their responsibility to forge relationships with the NFH?

I did not mention to my solicitor as there is no legal evidence supporting the disagreements.

Worried, heard about folk suing others, would be disaster for me financially

Yer, it is nerve-racking, must be more so if you have a chain GULP

I keep worrying that something will go wrong, a hiccough that leads to revelations about the NFH and I will never, never get out of here - and that even if i do, it will haunt me forever if someone sues.

Today is a bad one - I've been inside most of the day - last night i heard the NFH talking to someone from the next street about the sh*t neighbours here and how its his property, can do what he likes, kids aren't safe in their own back yards (honestly - as if i would hurt a kid, but if i can't pull into my own drive without someone running in front, what can i do?)

I don't trust this b*****d and believe that now he knows he cant get me to retaliate he'll up the ante, and expect either a complaint to the police about speeding (huh) or dangerous driving. Thank god he's at work most days, so will move stuff out stealth-like and bit by bit to my mom's and new lodgings.

God, what a nightmare, 5 weeks seems like an eternity! Am hoping to pull forward exchange date, if i can do this, I can move everything out early and have a few weeks stressless!!

Thanks for your support guys, its been a difficult few days

Comment

Tracey,

Trust the Badger - you are going to be okay on this one. You have not logged anything official so you will be tickety boo.

I don't think I need to tell you this one, but, I have this horrible feeling that your purchasers might just become your NFH's next victims.

Thats not your problem, though and I am wishing you tons and tons of happiness and peace in your new home - you deserve it lass !

Here's a bunch of flowers for you that I can't give you personally.

Comment

Thanks all

re. the new neighbours - he is of mediterranean stock, and quite well built, so perhaps that fiery temperament and muscle will give NFH something to think about!

Comment

I think you're OK on this one, as there have been no official complaints/ disputes recorded.

One thing I will say:

If you have visited the CAB, did they confirm their advice to you in writing? If not, ask them to. Keep that piece of paper in a "House Sale Paperwork" File.

Then worry about it no more.

Comment

Working...
          X