X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disclosure Of Dispute

Just a quick legal question..

On the SPIF form, what exactly constitutes a 'dispute over property' as in the new disclosure question

Do you know of any disputes or anything which might lead to a dispute about this or any neighbouring property?

I mean, in my case the abuse is directed at me personally .. not over something to do with the house .. would I have to mention it? :unsure:

FF
    Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

FF,

Having just done one of these forms, I decided that what I was being subjected to was not a dispute about any neighbouring property. I have had run ins with the NFH over her kids behaviour. thats all.

it is so tricky. but as i have not put anything in writng to any official body about it or taken it further verbally with any authority i decided i could say there was no dispute.

the way it is worded made me think more of problems like boundaries, noise, driveways rather than nuisance kids.

i didnt even dare ask my solicitor for advice on what to answer in case they then forced me to disclose something.

anyway just because i cant stand the noise of footballs bouncing around, doesnt mean that the next person who moves in wont think its absolutely marvellous!!!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

You have a point,

Though the damage to our car and fence was reported to the police ... I would prefer not to have to disclose that .. we've had so few viewings over 15 weeks (2 to be precise) that I wouldn't want to jeapordise a sale ... grrr , d**n them.

FF
      Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Hi freaky

I've been looking to see if I can find the definitive answer for you, but I can't.

My view is, that if an official complaint has been made to the Police, local authority or another statutory body, then this needs to be disclosed.

If you haven't made a complaint or if your complaint was specifically related to you (not the property) then I think it's more of a grey area.

Sorry can't be of any more help .

Comment

:huh:

FF

I dont know whereabouts you live, but if you are ' down south' your agent might have told you we are in a buyers market. Can I just give you a few words of advice, if so??

1. Make absolutely sure you have the property for sale at a realistic price. If you even so much as suspect the price might be a bit too high, get it reduced asap. when we had our house up for sale we got valuations from every single local agent. we took an average of what they had all said, but this still seemed a bit high. we tried it nevertheless, for one week. there were no viewings at all. so after one week we dropped our price to near our rock bottom figure (you know the absolute minimum you need to enable you to move where you want to). One week later, we had an offer.

2. If you are in a buyers market, dont expect too many viewings, there are a lot of houses on the market and buyers can be picky. However, houses that are priced correctly will always sell.

3. DO NOT agree a sole agency, in this market you need to cast your net wide, so go multi asap if you havent already done so, and choose agents with good internet marketing (such as those who use rightmove). 70% of houses are sold to people newly moving into areas.

4. make sure your house is well presented and use plenty of magnolia paint!!!! it truly does work!!!

if you have been on the market for 15 weeks, you need to take action and be very decisive in what you want. if you can sell your house, you will be in a very good bargaining position for when you buy. we only dropped 2k on our asking price, but we got 13k off the house we wanted to buy, because we had a completed chain underneath us.

get onto your agents asap and put a rocket under them!!!!!

good luck !!!!

I decree today that life

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Comment

Freakyfun,

My understanding of this dispute law is,that it only applies to the property. Please don't take what I say as concrete but I believe you have to disclose issues that are related to the property only. If there is a boundary dispute, a dispute over a shared area, or something similar then it needs to be declared.

In other words if your neighbour is suing you in the civil courts over something to do with the property you have to declare it (i.e. if one of your trees fell on his house etc). I believe people buying houses and suddenly finding themselves in the middle of a war zone brought this about. It has been known for people to try to bail out of these situations by selling their house.

If you and your neighbour have had a ding-dong or simply dislike each other I shouldn't imagine you need to disclose this, but I really don't know.

It is only my understanding but personal issues you can keep to yourself but imagine how it would feel if you had just bought a place only to find that you had also inherited a long standing dispute over a boundary. I believe the dispute law is directed at this type of issue.

Hope this Helps Kevin

Comment

Thanks for the advice all,

We are going multi agency

The house is magnolia from top to bottom

House price .. not sure ... there are some similar properties in the area for 5-10k more than ours that have gone up recently. But then there are some 'lesser' properties (by one bedroom, smaller garden etc) for 20-30k less. I'm wanting to have at least 20k profit to plough into our new place (can't live without a conservatory and double shower ... umm .. the shower isn't in the conservatory before you ask ) We could probably afford to drop by 5k on that basis.

Even better my wife tells me we had a viewing last night! (cross fingers)

Kevinp - thanks for that info .. my wife is currently asking her dad atm (I keep forgetting he's a solicitor, not just an 'in-law' to be avoided .. joking, he's a great guy)

FF

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

hi FF

Have you seen winemonkey's thread, she has a different handle on what is a dispute...

over on 'whats your story'

I decree today that life

Carpe Diem

Comment

I wondered about declaring disputes. As I've said on another threat our next door neighbour used to appear in the garden peering at the kids-and duck behind a bush- when they turned round to look. It escalated into his face peering in through the front room window-all when I was out. (the kids are teenagers) I reported the matter to the local community policeman who took it seriously although he admitted it would be very hard to prove without witnesses/cctv footage. The constable said he would check the records to see if there was any 'reason for concern for safety in the community'(or something like that).Days after his visit a large fence went up at the front and a sticking plaster style but height increasing patch at the back just where the houses meet.

The fences are hideous and obviously aren't there for aesthetic appeal. What would I do selling this house (not that at the moment I could afford to)-what could I possibly say. I did have to report it to the police and it is the immediate neighbour. He's currently living in his holiday cottage and I'm hoping that he can't keep the two houses running for ever. He's now only there about three times a week. Him moving would solve my problem.

Comment

When my mother sold her house three years ago the estate agent told her to sell at a figure that seemed to her, rather high. She checked with another estate agent who told her to take a massive cut in her asking price.

Her agent advised against this. After a few weeks she got the full asking price. The reason some agents ask for a much lower price is -apaprently- to keep volume of sales up.

Have you considered advertising your house out-of-area? For example people in rural Herefordshire will sometimes sell their houses through Brum estate agents. That's not as daft as it sounds. There's a good train service into Brum and they can move into the country and still have money left over from selling their own house.

Comment

Working...
                    X