This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malicious calls

hi everyone, i have been having malicious calls and fast food deliveries for a while now, the police have (finally) given me a ref= call handle number to give to my server (NTL), which i did and NTL are baffled as to what it's use is, they gave me a number to dail (after the malicious call has ended) 1477 i don't know if it works yet, i told them that my phone does not except calls from with- held numbers, but the malicious caller manages to get pass it! NTL told me there are 3 servers that do that, and if they can bypass that then they may not be able to trace the number!!!!! is there anyway of stopping them without changing my number?

Hi Eden,

Well NTL sound like they are being completely unhelpful!! :badmood: I'd give the 1477 thing a go for starters and see if it does work.

I'm sure that there are other members out there that know about the technology that may be able to advise you on what these callers may be doing to take advantage of the system.

Personally, I have caller display on my phone (cost £1 per month) and I don't pick the phone up unless I recognise the number.

Take care hone:

Blue Cow

Comment

NTL sounds very unhelpful/incompetent. :frown:

No probs with BT - they've got special customer services for these problems.

I'd be tempted to change company if possible might be worth shopping around ?

Blue Cow's suggestion of caller display sounds like a good idea though :thumbs:

Good luck

Mazza

:nfh1:

Comment

PS. to Mazza....if you do change your service provider, you can usually keep your number.

Comment

thanks everyone for your advice, my malicious caller has'nt called since the trace has been put on! ( not yet anyway). I phoned the numbers the deliveries to my address where made from and the people on the other end happened to know my NFH, i explained why/ what/how and they said that my NFH 15yrs offspring had been using their phones on those times and dates, i told the police (thinking this would be enough evidence) but the police said theres not much we or them can do?

Comment

Hi Eden,

Let's hope that they don't call again Caller display is brilliant and I would recommend it to anyone.

Blue Cow

Comment

Working...
            X