This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neighbours camera pointing at our house

hello!! sorry to have such a depressing first post on here.

my 'neighbours from hell' have in my opinion overstepped the mark and have errected a security camera that points right over my drive/house.

what rights do i have to have this checked/removed ?

these neighbours quite honestly have been a pain since they moved in about 6 months ago, they are abusive and quite unreasonable.

surely i don't have to put up with them watching my coming and goings from my house?

hi and welcome

chaeck out the self help articles here

your neighbour needs to be asked to move it so it does not point at your home or property

I know for a fact other members have had similar problems and I hope they will be able to offer you some good advice

you say your neighbours are real pains, what kinds of things are they doing?

we should be able to help and support you through these things

please come back often, I am sure by tomorrow you will have hads loads of replies! :clover:

Comment

Hi troika and welcome to the forum

I think you'll find the article that Beth has pointed you to will answer your question

Hope it helps

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Beth@Nov 28 2003, 4:10 PM

hi and welcome

chaeck out the self help articles here

your neighbour needs to be asked to move it so it does not point at your home or property

I know for a fact other members have had similar problems and I hope they will be able to offer you some good advice

you say your neighbours are real pains, what kinds of things are they doing?

we should be able to help and support you through these things

please come back often, I am sure by tomorrow you will have hads loads of replies! :clover:
        cool! will do thx beth

fortunately we've not had much trouble with them per se, apart from a slanging match when they first moved in and told me to turn my f*ing music down.. when the music in question was *obviously* a pub nearby holding a gig! they even brought their german shepherd chomping at the bit to the door and threatened us!!

our poor friends and neighbours right next to them tho is a different story (we're directly opposite) they're having a fight over the boundary position, they've had stones thrown at their windows, and my friend's 15 yr old son can no longer open the windows to his bedroom, as they shout obscenities at him !

update, we have rung a security firm and asked to be quoted for the same sort of equipment to do the same sort of job that theirs is doing i.e. point at someone elses house, and we were told that we were not able to do that, that planning permission is required, and a sign warning you that you are about to enter premises that is being recorded!!!

watch this space!! meanwhile, any suggestions greatly received!!

Comment

Hi,

We had this problem to. I learned a few things from it and the camera was

not removed but it was moved a little by nfh before the authorities turned

up to indspect that it was not filming my back yard. (local government

who later wrote me a letter saying it was only filming his driveway).

I learned recently that it is cause to have a surveillance camera that may

film the public or such if the person has just cause in that they have

been harassed (this can work for you as well as them).

The laws where I am are fuzzy about surveillance cameras but I believe

it would take a court action to try and have such things sorted out which

costs heaps of money and you probably may not win.

We always though our NFH had hidden cameras because he had to much

knowledge of when we were coming and going. The ones I have seen in

the paper are about 500 dollars and very small and transmit signals.

Maybe the price has dropped or you can get cheaper ones.

I had a cheap camera with leads and with a monitor next to my front door. It was black and white and I got it on special and you could connect it to the video

player. It was reasonable quality as long as the sun didnt shine at it.

I will probably set it up at the new house but need to get a friend

to help me drill the holes etc.

Melanie

Comment

Hi troika and welcome

Hopefully the CCTV article has answered your query.

Sounds like these neighbours are causing upset all round then. Do you know if there's any reason why they might be behaving in this very weird manner? :blink:

You can always tell your nice neighbours/friends about NFHiB and suggest they register with us. We'd love to have them here.

Take care .

Comment

It always pas to be nice about a large dog. Most people react well if their massive dog is praised.

They sound strange. I guess they might have ben driven mad by nfh in their last home and are getting in first with their reaction? :sad:

Comment

hi! and thx for the warm welcome!!

these NFH unfortunately have been as much if not more trouble in the last place that they resided, in fact there was a street party when they left!!

as the police have no powers as far as the camera is concerned, how do i go about having the images checked that they are recording? (they have a monitor errected so that as u walk past u can see that it is working - we're not about to go close enough to find out what they are recording!)

unfortunately that article wasn't much help in that it's difficult to read exactly what i need to know about this problem.

we also called the police regarding their bathroom antics!! their bath is under their window, the window is facing our house, they have no curtains!! apparantly it is not 'indecent exposure' as they're not doing it intentionally... have we had a quiet word?! :cry: well. we did as the police told us, and had a 'quiet' word - my hubs is very tactful, and tried to have a decent coversation about the camera with them... to no avail, a slanging match soon started! there is just no speaking to these people!

these people have no scruples, they lived next to an old lady in their last house, and caused her that much upset that she self-harmed herself. they constantly nit-pick about other peoples kids being near their property, yet it is ok for them to let the local 8-10 yr old football team (which he coaches) be dropped off outside twice a week, and generally cause a nuisance till he takes them for training! (this is a private road.. so *is* that ok?)

there has to be a way to curb their anti-social behaviour, after all, they are not the only ones that live in this road!

*sigh*

Comment

Working...
                X