No announcement yet.

Help regarding boundary dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have re-read nfh solicitors letter and it states that they would use the builders witness statement as being credible source As nfh does not accept, that boundary from back of the house to a certain point is correct according to our surveyors report therefore he simply states that he rejects.
    Nfh is actually counting on this builders witness statement that has magically appeared now after 3 years - my gut feeling is that again it's just nfh trying to get something in his defence, surely this can't be acceptable..??
    I will set up a meeting with our solicitor, I need to make sure we are fully prepared.

Sabz

Comment

Hi again Sabz

Firstly, whether or not builders' witness statements are credible source - their point being what exactly? Thinking about it, although you should treat this accusation with the contempt it deserves, I would suggest you put the written record straight. All this needs is a line in writing, either in your next solicitor letter, or written by you to your neighbour, simply stating "Your/your client's claim that I threatened his builders with a pickaxe is inaccurate. I have never made any such threat." That is all it needs. No "I couldn't have done it on that day because I was at my Auntie Mary's" no "but I don't even have a pickaxe" etc etc. Don't get drawn in. Just say it is "inaccurate" (a better word than saying "a load of crap", "a complete lie" etc, get the denial on the record, in writing and leave it at that. My guess is it will not be pursued further. I'd deal with any spurious nonsense in exactly the same way. (And in fact, this is exactly how I do deal with it in my dealings with my NfH's solicitor - once I have put to them that their client's claim is "inaccurate" they never come back with anything, because they have no way of proving something which never happened!)

Might also be worthwhile mentioning in writing the outstanding sum for sorting out the seedlings, too. Always good to get such things on the record, even if you say you are prepared to write it off as a demonstration of good faith.

Interesting link ref SJE. I guess your solicitor will advise. Thing is, you don't want this to get as far as court, so I guess the solicitor's advice should be based on which is the best approach to get the matter sorted before court action becomes the only way forward.

I don't know whether or not your neighbour would have to remove wall if it is found to be encroaching. Again, your solicitor will be able to advise, but first things first - you need to establish whether or not there is an encroachment.

Anyway, from what you say, it sounds very much like you have conducted yourself throughout all of this in a very reasonable and courteous manner, which is great. Always good to keep the moral high ground!

I guess you now simply have to wait to see what your solicitor advises when you next meet. Don't stress in the meantime - there's no massive rush to sort things out, esp if it has been ongoing for some time.

All the best.

AJ

Comment

And the reason I am up so early is I am brooding about the boss from hell! I have swopped my NfH (we rented out the house and moved) for a BfH!

AJ

Comment

Thanks AJ your absolutely spot on with the way this should be dealt.
          You point out so many good points that I've actually printed your comments and highlighted areas that I need to remember. I am so going to be prepared thanks to you !!!

I'm just baffled as to how a solicitor would actually wrife such utter nonsense, do they even read it back to themselves, I always ask my children to read out loud what they've have written, making sure actually makes sense and primarily that it's correct before giving it to anyone to read !!!

Our solicitor is absolutely not interested in telling tales and that's what we like to just deal with the facts.

The biggest problem we face is that our neighbour has allowed himself to be exempt over any rules or regulations which are in place for a very good reasons. Over the years ( he bought his house in the 80's) he has had a series of outbuildings built, which we don't mind as long it is within his boundary we absolutely couldn't be bothered but when it affects us it is obvious we are not going to allow for this. One outbuilding in particular is absolutely massive it was built before we bought our house though. We are aware that we can't exactly have it investigated etc. But I'm sure we can mention how nfh has a habit of doing things without adhering to guidelines.

This outbuilding never had planning permission but the standard it is in is questionable (again shoddy workmanship) he has never put guttering in place so affects our garden and our outbuilding, he refuses to acknowledge this. The roof was non existent it had some sheets (no idea what material) which were supported with rocks and slate to hold it in place.
          We did get our Lodal Authority on board who wrote to him about it as the rocks and slates were falling into our garden. Again he has absolutely no cause for concern for anyone but himself.

My point is that over the years he continues to have things built poorly, in actual fact it is dangerous, health hazard we're lucky so far no one has got seriously hurt!!! He will continue beg to differ or focus on another baseless story. Until he is made or told to adhere to rules and regulations he will happily continue making such building work resulting in his neighbours having to continue going through this time and time again. Nfh feels he has authority to do it!!!

We do have confirmation from the local authority which acknowledges our nfh has in fact breeched health and safety regulations and ordered to make building(s) safe. Twice in actual fact, so we can prove this.

I will discuss all with our solicitor and will update.

I don't know what's worse Nfh or a Bfh.... lucky u have moved out otherwise it would literally be like living in HELL 24/7!!!
          Just stay focused and remember we are good people with morals and standards we never need to stoop as low as these 'Freaks from hell'!!

Hope you do have a good day and from the bottom of my heart thank you, you sure have put my mind at rest and I am not stressed but actually looking forward to the next few weeks.

I better do some work now before I get into trouble.

Take care
          Sabz

Comment

Hmmm - yes, your neighbour's various endeavours do sound a bit dodgy and badly constructed. He sounds like a problem and a nuisance, as you said in your first post. The best thing is just to focus on the most important things first, and if there are things you can live with then don't devote too much mental energy (or money) on them. (I know it's easy for me to say, if I don't have to live next to them.)

Solicitors. Hmmm, again! My view on them is very mixed. My NfH's first solicitor wrote me a couple of letters, well thought through, well written, brief, to the point, but based on entirely inaccurate information. I suggested mediation, so a representative from the firm came and met me (and my trusty 85-year-old father who turned up for the meeting in shorts and a hoodie!!). After our initial faux pas, of rather rudely bursting out laughing at the accusations he brought with him, we all got on like a house on fire. Think I had been portrayed by his client as some kind of Bertha Rochester, almost incapable of rational thought and speech. He was probably surprised I was not dribbling and shrieking profanities the second he came through the door! What he found was a reasonably articulate middle-aged old bag who could (relatively politely) put forward her own case and dispute all NfH accusations pretty swiftly. (The cat bit him, but he was too polite to complain!)

Anyway, my NfH sacked him almost with immediate effect! Think he had been summonsed to put me in my place, and that he did not manage!

NfH's next solicitor has sent several aggressive, badly constructed, inflammatory, bullying, threatening letters, again based on completely inaccurate information. At one point I received 4 of them on consecutive Saturdays! I was threatened with an injunction with 5 parts, or 5 separate injunctions, I never quite worked out the detail. I replied to them in similar vein to the advice I have given you .... "your client's claim that I did [whatever] is inaccurate. I have never done [whatever]. Yadda yadda yadda". "Your client has [whatever] on [whatever date]. I have attached a photograph for your information." etc etc.

I suggested the SJE, I told them I wanted to sort matters amicably, I denied all accusations, I made a few of my own (factual and without any emotion, other than putting to the record that I felt "alarmed and distressed" by them) and I waited for a constructive response.

And I waited.

And I waited.

And I am waiting still!

So, what I am trying to say in all this waffle is simply don't be surprised at letters you get from solicitors. Some solicitors are good, some are rubbish, some are aggressive, and all are out to make money. That's their business.

Oh, and lastly, it's so easy for me to be rational regarding other people's neighbour issues. Not so much with my own!

Such is life!

AJ

Comment

I totally get you AJ!!
              Seems so unfair that you're just left waiting for a response. It's clear that you're handling it well under the circumstances.

Let's hope better days ahead for us all & I do hope you get a response soon so you are able to move on to the next step, let's hope it's not a rocky one !!

Sabz

Comment

Hi Sabz

Have matters progressed for you? Hope everything is going OK.

Best wishes

AJ

Comment

Hi AJ
                  Hope you're well, as far as things progressing ...... Well our solicitors have wrote to neighbs solicitors we are just waiting to hear back from them. It may be a while I reckon!!!
                  Will update as soon as I hear, hope everything is well with you.

Have a great day
                  Sabz

Comment

Hi Sabz. Glad things are progressing. Is your neighbour behaving himself in the meantime?

Things are fine with us, in that we rented out our house and moved out. Best thing we ever did. NfH and Junior have now turned their bullying attentions onto another female neighbour, and her husband. NfH Junior in particular is behaving shockingly towards the female, but I cannot help feeling somewhat smug that all the doubters (which included this particular lady) who put the blame for my problems solely at my door - the fact that I am apparently "mental" and ask for trouble - now look pretty stupid. (Well, to me, anyway. No doubt they will not admit to themselves that they got it wrong.) Not that I would wish the situation on anybody, but am glad that I have been proven correct, that the N'sfH simply cannot help themselves, and will use any reason they can to justify their vile, misogynistic conduct. Wonder if they are managing to turn the whole neighbourhood against these particular neighbours, like they did with us.

Not that we would want to be friends with any of them. They were a bit of a shabby shower of self-serving dim-wits, who obviously thought that appeasing bullies was the best way to deal with life! Which for them, for a while, it obviously was, and still is. Their turn will come! Almost without a doubt. Am looking forward to the day they start on Appeaser-in-Chief's wife!

In terms of the boundary and solicitor letter nonsense, I haven't heard anything for months. At some point I will write to the solicitor to tell him that obviously the NfH has no case to put forward and so I will assume that I can bin their merit-less and aggravating letters, but I'll only write when I can be bothered.

I digress! Suffice it to say that things are good, as I hope they are for you. Looking forward to your update. Fingers crossed things go your way, or at least can be resolved amicably.

Best wishes

AJ

Comment

Hi
                      As far as things progressing all we can do is be paitient (we're masters as that), nfh hasn't caused any problems as such recently.

However his neighb who we are on good terms with him came round and gave us a bit of history regarding his experience with nfh, similar to what we're experiencing he was only able to solve this by speaking to nfh daughter who agreed her father was totally out of order.
                      Apparently it is now clear amongst other neighbours in the street nfh is stubborn as hell, very manipulative & does what pleases him without any care for others.
                      We have 2 neighbours in the street that would be willing to write and sign a statement of what nfh put them through and previous owner of our house has also agreed to support us. So if needs be we will take this step.

Moving on to your situation Wow, are our neighbours related??!! We've been lucky with support from other neighb in the street, nfh certainly qualifies for an ASBO.
                      AJ u have the right attitude.

I think we too will be waiting months for a response as we have requested that we both get independant surveyors rather than a joint surveyor, we don't trust nfh at all.

Just to add we are stress free and not letting all this play on our mind and not loosing anymore sleep because of a bully!!

Anyway, better get to work now.
                      I will keep you updated with progress (if any).

Take care
                      Sabz

Comment

Hi Sabz

Any updates?

Best wishes

AJ

Comment

Working...
                        X