X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice +help

hi everybody ,

the sleeping dogs don't want to lie down and the boundary fence issue with the nfh is on again - this must be his festive spirit!

Link to original thread

had a letter from the housing estate management officer( as we rent from the council +nfh owns his)

it reads;

Nfh has contacted me regarding the fence you have errected between your respective properties.

He claimed that the fence encroaches over the boundary onto his property.The fence was inspected by a housing officer and his claim was found to be correct.

NFH is requesting,as is his legal right,that you re-site the fence so that it does not encroach onto his land.

Iwould ask you to confer with Nfh and come to an agreement as to where the fence should be site .

Thank you for your anticipated co-operation in this matter.

Can't confer as he can be abusive +violent Does a verbal agreement +photo's act as an agreement -we replaced fence exactly where the other one was that he originally errected. would be grateful for any ideas or advice

cheers tazza

I'm not a lawyer btw.

1. You had a verbal agreement with the NFH for the siting of the fence.

2. You have before and after photo's to show that the new fence is in exactly the same position as the old fence.

3. The NFH erected the old fence.

4. The NFH did not complain or try to move the old fence (when he must have realised that it encroached on his land if he is to be believed)

Due to the above, he really would not do well if the case went to court.

Show the evidence to the housing estate management (HEM) officer.

Tell the HEM officer of the abusive and violent nature of the NFH and you understandable reluctance to deal with him.

This complaint by the NFH is merely another attempt by him to harrass you. Don't let it get you down.

Suggest that the housing estate office send a qualified surveyer, with accurate boundary plans to measure all boundaries (rather than a housing officer having a quick look round) so that the enroachment can be verified.

FF
    Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

I would pass it on the Housing officer along with all the other abuse NFH have given you

sounds like he is not easy to be pleased

just because he owns and you are council, does not make him right

Comment

Hi Tazza

Yes, I agree, pass it back to the Housing Officer.

Have you also considered mediation?

You can find your local Mediation Service HERE!

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

[Moved to Ask for Help Here]

Comment

Hi Tazza and thanks for getting back to us.

Remember when I said, "I think your NFH is vindictive enough to send you a solicitors letter in due course in order to try and intimidate you into acting over the fence."

Looks like I was nearly right. Well you did the right thing coming back here.

I have to say that this sort of thing really annoys the hell out of me. :angry: This housing officer, obviously narked at having to do some work, has merely taken your NFHs word for this without consulting you. Basically he can't be a**sed to do any work about this and would rather you just fought it out between yourselves.

Your reply needs to be very, very brief.

Freakyfun is right. Your NFh wouldn't stand a chance in court.

All you need to say is...

With reference to your letter dated *****.

The fence does not encroach onto NFH's land and you have provided no evidence that this is the case. (This next bit is optional)It would be normal in such circumstances for an independent chartered surveryors report to be prepared in order to validate such a claim.

The fence was erected 5 years ago.(put dates if you know them)

The position of the fence was discussed and agreed with Mr NFH at that time.

The position of the fence is in exactly the same position as the old fence and I have pictures taken before and after that prove this to be the case.

And that's all you need to say.

If I were you I wouldn't mention mediation. This implies that you may be willing to alter your position on this situation ,which you aren't. And don't mention the intimidation and harassment. This is to be saved for later if your NFH involves a solicitor or court. We'll cross that hurdle if we reach it. You just need to to state the facts Ma'am! At present this would just be blurring the issue.

Short and sweet is the key here.

RB
          Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

hi everybody ,thanks for the advice +help ,

been in touch with the housing officer ,apparently nfh failed to inform them the fence was errected 5 yrs ago -he thought we'd done it without notifying nfh .Very interested that we've got a verbal agreement and photographic evidence he's ask me to take it in (they'll copy -no expense to me) housing officer now thinks it stems back to the issue with the fall pipe (not rocket science!)doesn't think nfh's case would hold in court -he's going back to the legal department.

just got to write letter outlining the conversation i had with housing officer -he's advised all correspondence through him instead of approaching Nfh which i think is better as i'm past talking and just wish he'd instantly combust .

so the solictors are on hold ,even when all seemed grey a little ray of light shone from a grey day putting a smile on my face as i went to the car nfh 's wife looked out of the window on a spying mission -i smiled then laughed -poetic justice -hopefully

A big thank you once again ,will keep you posted

cheers tazza

Comment

Well done .. hope everything goes ok for you

FF
              Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

I'd echo Hazelnut's response!

That's good news tazza - hope that this gets resolved by the Council's legal bods for you.

Please keep us posted on it, we'd love to hear what happens.

Comment

Working...
                X