X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acceptable behaviour contracts

hi all,

further update for those who know my story. Although the nfh has threatened to kill me, damaged my propery, and enlisted council help i now have written proof that the council want to serve ME with an acceptable behaviour contract. I have done nothing, except be a victim and have a breakdown. what can i do? :cry:

Originally posted by pixie@Dec 11 2003, 4:02 PM

hi all,

further update for those who know my story.* Although the nfh has threatened to kill me, damaged my propery, and enlisted council help i now have written proof that the council want to serve ME with an acceptable behaviour contract.* I have done nothing, except be a victim and have a breakdown.* what can i do? :cry:
    if it's any consolation, i'm in the same position as you, in that NFH is making up stuff about me and hubs to the police. it's an awful position to be in just knowing that some low life is getting the better of you

all i can say is be squeaky clean, be whiter than white and take advantage of a 30 min free solicitor and bend their ear for suggestions of what to do. if you've not done so already, ask for the neighbourhood warden around for a chat, to find out exactly what it is that you are supposed to have done, and ask them to mediate between you and your NFH in a neutral place explaining that all you want to do is get on with your life behind your own front door. and hang in there!! resist temptation to bang on the NFH door and ask what the hell they are up to, just behave as if they don't exist.

and *every* time the neighbour tries to speak to you/threaten you or whatever, log an incident with the police, and give a statement if possible. going through the right channels with everything, even if slow, will help to give you strength to get through it.

*hugs* good luck

Comment

Hi Pixie

I'm sorry to hear your nfh seem to have manipulated things to their advantage to this degree. I would echo what Troika says, and seek some legal advice here. I'd definitely see if you can get a free/minimum fee first half hour interview with someone with experience of this kind of issue. And do log everything, use the police, get witnesses to anything you can, and don't engage with this nfh at all. Give them no ammunition whatsoever.

Do you know on what grounds this contract is going to be served?

Mediation isn't at all a bad idea, as it gives the chance to air your side of things, try to resolve any problems (even if you think there's no chance!), and above all, shows you are reasonable. The mediation UK link should help to find your nearest (free) mediation service.

Don't give up - the battle isn't over yet.

Do let us know how you go; good luck!

Sapph

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you for the advice, i'm afraid i have exhausted all possible options, tried the police, tried mediation, cannot get any solicitor so i will just hang fast. i have good witnesses (not everyone in the street hates me!) to state i have not been anti-social, but the council are ignoring them. it really bugs me that such lowlifes can be belived by authority, its so frustrating when you know that you are innocent. i have no idea on what basis they are going to issue the ABC, although false allegations were levelled against me last year. the police know i am not guilty, but the council don't care!. good luck to you troika, i hope your problems are soon sorted.

:banghead:

luv Pixie x

Comment

Hi Pixie,

I really feel for you :angry: It's so frustrating for you. Surely they can't issue this just on the basis of unproven allegations? :banghead: It seems so unfair.

Please let us know when you have any more information on this

Blue Cow

Comment

Originally posted by pixie@Dec 11 2003, 11:58 PM

good luck to you troika, i hope your problems are soon sorted.

aw cheers pixie.

how about the citizens advice bureau?

keep a log of everything u ask for advice from, what advice was given etc - *if* anything goes to court, if you have been talking to the right people, making the right moves and using the right buzz words hopefully someone somewhere will recognise that you are not the bully here!

as much of a waste of time it is, you have to log every disturbance from you NFH to the police, explain that you need incident numbers to complete the log for when it goes to court - you never know when that could happen! i know we're suffering now as although we've kept our own log of the NFH acting like tw*ts, it means virtually nothing if it's not logged through the official channels. again buzz words are needed ... eg. when we rang the police to ask advice over the NFH camera, and got nowhere (we still got an incident number). we were advised to go and have a friendly word with them.. once the arguement had broken out, the words 'breech of the peace' would have brought the coppers flying up here so fast that you would have thought they were the flying squad! is all about buzz words

Comment

Hi Pixie

What about your NFH? He hasn't got off with nothing has he?

As mentioned in earlier posts, I would seek advice from Shelter and see if they can support you in making a Homeless application - and at the very least advice on your current situation.

All I can say otherwise is that I would expect your NFH to have to agree to behave too, so it might settle down for you all now? :unsure:

Good luck

Mazza

Comment

Hi Pixie,

I hope you can get some more help with this, from the sources the others have mentioned. We have a bit about ABC's in our ASBO article, HTH.

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Sorry but I have been away for a while, and don't know your story but I want to ask, why can't you get a Solicitor??

I know how frustrating it is not knowing where to turn next :nfh1: :nfh1:
                  http://www.dawnie.interwebs.co.uk/Heart1.gif

Comment

Working...
                  X