This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh No!

My main NFH are the Bates family...but if the truth be known, my street is full of them. :angry:

We have the F&B’s, the Jetsetters, the plastic policeman’s girlfriend, the mouthpiece, the alchodruggie, the snotty clan, and last but not least the two-faced stirrer, and there are only 12 houses. 2 are empty then my nice neighbour and me. Whatever did I move here for??????

Tonight we had the F&B’s brats playing on a motorbike up and down the road with their Dad, the mother stood at one end of the street shouting whilst they were up my end. The Jetsetters and the plastic policeman’s girlfriend’s daughters playing with one leather football, the son playing with another against the back of my new car as the goalpost The alchodruggie’s son screaming and crying and throwing rubbish all over the place :angry:The mouthpiece’s son running up and down shouting and swearing :no: The snotty clan’s Dad and son with a radio controlled car. The Bates children banging, stamping around and running up and down the stairs as hard as they could :angry: Then there were 4 children that I have never seen before and who definitely don’t live down here joining in. 8-X

I think the summer hols have started as they mean to go on…ANY IDEAS??????????? :wacko:

Tri

That's a tough question Tri and sadly, I don't know the answer. :sad:

Although, I must say, I laughed at all the nicknames you've got for them all. We've amassed quite a few names for all our nfh's cronies, I think we're all really clever and insightful to be able to think of such fantastic descriptive names for them all.

Comment

It's times like this that I wish I had an answer, apart from writing down all the goings on and the times, there is not a lot you can do which makes me

Ow the summer holidays how I hate them, I am bracing myself for 6 weeks of sheer hell
      http://www.dawnie.interwebs.co.uk/Heart1.gif

Comment

The name calling in my case comes from the fact that I cannot bear to say his surname or even them nextdoor.

By calling him Madhatter and her Virago it helps compartmentalize it all in my brain and I can reason it and rationalize it better. Madhatter, due to the fact that every March he kicks off without fail after the winter recess of doing nothing and Virago because she is a wailing shrew inside the house (she only does it inside the house interestingly enough).

We don't see much of Virago on the basis that he assaults her every now and again and she tries to keep out of his way.

The summer hols - well Tristar I have no answers just keep ticking the days off until they go back to school.

Once this week is cleared out of the way it is down to five then, four, then three, two and the final week of the summer holidays will be bliss for you.

It won't be long before they are all screaming 'We're Bored'.

Comment

Hi!

I was frankly astonished last summer hols when some of neighbourhood Bates children(younger siblings of car thieves and burglars) knocked at my door. About to send 'em on their way when they asked if they could clean my (filthy) car. Thought for a moment and gave them some warm water for a £2 car wash. Back 5 mins later and politely asked for more water. Hot day so took them some dilute pop out, expecting them to turn up their noses cos it wasn't coke. Didn't happen. Came for their money, and I went to inspect the job...it was fine! Gave them an extra pound, and they politely came back and did it again a couple of weeks later. Amazed!!!

Moral of the story? I dunno, but they weren't as bad as I thought...maybe they should all be doing a little community work and making themselves useful! And I'm glad I gave them a chance. Maybe I just had a lucky summer.

Sapph

Comment

Schools round here have just broken up, but thank goodness my sister has come to stay with my nephews so we are having a great time and not bothered at all about the NFH!!! They definitely wont be goingon holiday anywhere as the mother NFH is preggers and must be about due. i know i will be gutted when my sister goes and we have 5 weeks of the unsupervised kids club outside my front door, but hey, you never know we might manage to move during this time and then we will be gone forever!!!!!!!hooray! (but i wont get too excited)
            http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Well the kids are all on holidays, and wow thought the NFH from hell at the back were on holiday its so quiet, no gang of youths running in and out just making horrendous noise or sitting on the little green in front of NFH in the evening drinking the bottles of cheepo alcoholic drinks, wonder if they have got a last warning or have they had a drug raid or what, never mind my health has suffered through them, may they rot in hell, and hopefully we sign the contracts shortly so i can spend my last few years in a quiet bungalow, miles away from any social housing, yes i know most of them are okay i know that but just let them put ONE NFH near you and your life is finished, you dont enjoy it anymore.

Comment

you are right sombreuil, and have you seen that gordy has exchanged contracts so a new start away from NFH for them!!!! hoo ray, you next, then hopefully me!!!!

there is no social housing round here, and KFH galore running amok, so I think its a problem for society as a whole not just those in social housing (although you might get a denser concentration of them????i wonder if anyone has ever studied this??)

anyway onwards and upwards and soon peace and quiet will be all yours :lol:
                http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Annabel

there is no social housing round here, and KFH galore running amok, so I think its a problem for society as a whole not just those in social housing (although you might get a denser concentration of them????i wonder if anyone has ever studied this??)

I often wonder if these kids are going to be the next generation of NFH's in the making, they are certainly getting good training for certain. Looking at how your parents behave will also give a reasonable indiction (although not always) as to how you will conduct your life and how you interact with other people.

I am sure someone will have studied this for sure - they have just about everything else, it will just be a case of finding out who and digging it out.

Comment

Tri,

I really haven't got any advise but I laughed at the names you have given your neighbours, .I'm sure if you can maintain your sense of humour in such a way you'll get through it.

Take care of yourself Kevin

Comment

Hi Tristar, I don't know how, but I missed your original post and have just read it. Are you sure you don't live near me? :lol: It all sounds so spookily and depressingly similar.

We've got a few nicknames for our NFH. There are the 'banjo players', because they look and behave like those hill billies from the film Deliverance. Then there's She-male, the female yob who would give the lads a run for their money! Snow White - he sits out front with his seven dwarfs. Actually it's only their brains that are dwarfed. We also have the alco-druggies. Luckily Itchy and Scratchy from next door left, you can imagine why we called them that. Then there's blobbyboy, son of harridan, so called because he's fat and pink with yellow spots :P

Oh, don't you just love witnessing the social interaction of out of control yobs as they turn quiet summer evenings into scenes from Hell Sometimes we have peace, if the weather is right, i.e. torrential rain! But even then there are some who are too stupid to get in out of the rain :P

Roll on September!

Misty
                      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Well last night we had to endure the KFH running riot around the street, whilst listening to the NFH shouting and laughing outside Alchodruggie's house. It was a real pain as it went on for hours. It started at about 4pm and went on until about 12.30am...do these people ever stop to have a family meal?

We had bikes, footballs, scooters, and some of the children's friends were invited round just to get maximum effect, they don't even live in the street. They were riding past my car and kicking their legs out, kicking the football at it, and an awful lot of shrieking and shouting was coming from the adults as well as the children.

I found out yesterday that my 'nice' neighbours had a 'kick off' session with them all on Friday night whilst we were staying at my friend's house. This has made things worse as they NFH/KFH are trying to get to them as well as me now :angry: I think that one of the reasons that they started on my 'nice' neighbours is because they talk to me and I wasn't here, so they had to start on someone :badmood: and guess who is in the middle

We've got another 5 weeks of this, and at the moment it is good...wait until they have gathered strength in about 2 weeks...then we'll be for it!!!!!

OOOOOOHHHHH SUMMER HOLS DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THEM?

Tri :crazy:

Comment

Hey Misty

Do they dance in the rain???? Mine do, especially in the total monsoon weather :P an I thought it was me that was going round the bend :lol:

Maybe we do live quite close :lol: :lol:

Tri

Comment

Tristar, do we live in the same neighbourhood?

All ours have names too, although they are not like this plonk next door *Eminiem* we haven't had any problems...we sure have 'the mouth' who stirs up and LIES, whoppers, she will tell you one thing one day and it will morph into something completly different she is a very dangerous woman

Smokey Joe moved out because of Eminem's dog (yaps all day long) and she was replaced by the opposite of the Waltons :lol:

The summer seems to bring the worst out in people.

Idgy

Comment

That's a lovely story Sapph, I think it's right to give kids a chance like you did. Respectfully but from the point of view of a mum, I'd have to advise Tristar to try and follow their "nice" neighbours example and exercise some friendly tolerance of children's natural noise. It really does not sound like malice aforethought in this case. Kids will be kids and I think there has to be tolerance on both sides. We've been on the receiving end of outright dangerous behaviour from a man who used to live downstairs from us because of the noise our kids made. It's not as if we were deliberately letting them upset him, their noise gets too much for us too and we are always telling them to be quieter, and besides his horrible loud rap music bothered us in the wee small hours but the difference was we did not complain whereas he shouted a load of abuse at us whenever our kids made a noise! He threw a glass bottle at our kids' open bedroom window one time and it broke and showered glass into their room. We could not prove it was him as he had gone before we could look out of the window, but from his previous behaviour there was no-one else we could think of to suspect. Thankfully he moved out ages ago, but we have different problems now with the people opposite.

I do tend to try to see both sides especially where kids' natural noise is involved especially, not malicious behaviour.

Lesley

Comment

Working...
                              X