X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Advice Needed

Hi All

Well my new neighbour seems to be lovely and we have had a few conversations, but nothing that would really matter. She's very quiet and hasn't had much to do with anyone else done the street. I think that I am one of two people she has actually spoken to, and that's only because we are next door to her.

Over the last couple of days, she has been finding out about the street and has commented on a couple of the other neighbours. She has asked my advice, but I am feeling very unsure on whether to tell her what she needs to know, or just play it down (basically lie). She seems to be finding out for herself all the worst people in the street and the trouble they can cause (so far Norma has kept a very low profile).

I would really like to warn her about certain people, but not knowing her that well, don't want her to go repeating it to the wrong people and cause trouble.

The question is...do I tell her all or not?

Tri

I would not pass any advice to her, they are too sides to every story. You may hear a different version, and even if hers is the one to believe. People have a nasty habit of letting things slip, when talking to other people. And her troubles may become yours as well. Tell her a friend with those problems went on a great website called NFH. Give our website and the rest is up to her. Do not become involved in otheir peoples affairs, you know nothing.

GG.

Comment

Thanks GG

That's just the sort of advice I'm sitting here giving myself...but I do feel a bit sorry for her :sad:

Then again I copped major c**p and do I really want it all over again?...NO!!!

Thanks again

Tri

Comment

Hi Tri

This is such a personal choice with definite pro's and con's. I personally wouldn't, certainly not unless my hand was forced and I had a very good reason.

You may (although I know you're not ) be seen to be attempting to cause trouble or create malice etc. I'd tread carefully and let her find out herself - she sounds astute enough to discover sooner or later.

Comment

Thanks all

I'm going to let her find out for herself...I think it best. Although I feel sorry for her, I had to find out for myself, but I just don't want this lot to give her as much grief as I've had.

All I think that I will do is be there for her if it does kick off, as someone to talk to, but not get involved at all

I've taken enough from these cretins to last a lifetime

Thanks again all for confirming what I was already feeling

Tri

Comment

Hi Tri

I am with the others...She'll work it out for herself, best keep her at arms length for now (in a nice way ) and do a lot of 'sitting on the fence', pass pleasantries, talk about the weather, you know .

That way you can keep out of it but maybe if you do end up having a good relationship with her in the future, you'll be able to explain to her your dilemma today!

Best of wishes

Mazza

Comment

Tri

For what it's worth I'm with the others. Head down and let her find out herself - that way you are squeaky clean!
              "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

And yet another one who thinks you should say nothing If she asks about people in general just tell her that you think it's best that people make up their own minds about neighbours. It's tempting to warn her but you can be there in case she runs into any trouble and give her support.

Let's hope for her sake she has an easier time of it than you and your boys did

Hope things are still quiet and peaceful for you

Misty
                "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

I'm with saying nothing. Let them find out for yourself. If your NFH is anything like ours, and it sounds like they are, then they will spread gossip about you make no mistake.

But I think that most people can see gossip for what it is and they can also see how you behave and will make their own judgment.
                  Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

Hi Tri

I'm another in the "no" camp

If you do say anything, it could be taken as stirring. She'll work it out soon enough for herself anyway I would have thought.

Glad that she seems "normal" :lol:

Blue Cow

Comment

Hi Tri

I'm with Misty on this one, if your new neighbour asks specific questions about a neighbour, say that they need to make their own mind up .

And from the sounds of them already, they will make their own mind up and you will gain another ally.

Comment

yep. they need to find out for themselves

like the others have said, lead by example and be the best person/neighbour you can be.

Comment

Thanks all you lully peeps

Comment

Just to re-iterate what the others are saying, don't say anything.

(I can sense a common thread in this .. errm .. 'thread')

FF
                            Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Comment

Working...
                            X