This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Out About Prospective Neighbours

When we finally get our house sold, we will be looking to move far, far away, BUT is there anyway of finding out about your prospective neighbours before making an offer on a house? What sort of information is available in the public domain linked to addresses?

I have seen American websites that offer online investigation tools, but as far as I know those only apply to Americans.

All advice welcome

FF
    Howard:"You wanna be careful, before you know it you'll wake up in a bush singing songs about brooms"

Vince:"You don't know anything about me. Do you know anything about me?"

Howard:"I know...of you"

Vince:"Yeah, well, if you knew me you'd know that I don't sing songs about brooms...I sing songs about love...

Lovely lady with the eye

Lovely lady with the eye

You've only got one but it's a good one

Lovely lady with the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye, the eye

coming forward on a string, thats not normal, urgh

Yeah! I'm in a band..."

Hi freaky

Not sure what you can get online, but there are agencies out there that you can pay to fully investigate any prospective property/neighbourhood. They make all kinds of enquiries by all accounts.

I can't remember the name of the agency that I saw on TV once, but if you want I can see what digging I can do?

It costs though and the price depends on how in-depth you want your finished report to look like.

Comment

If you are buying the vendor is obliged by law to tel lyou of any disputes or problems with neighbours.

A woman sold her house to get away from a NFH. The people who bought the house from her found the NFH equally hellish and were able to sue her for damages.So check with the vendor.

Comment

i seem to recall also that you can pay an agency to investigate the neighbourhood you are buying into. i think the agency was called answers investigation, and they definitely have a website as i looked at it!!! i think they charge about £400 to check out that what the vendor of the house is saying about their neighbours is true.

i decided against it, and i have visited my prospective new house at differing times of the day more than a dozen times, but i you can only find out so much that way (e.g.if the area is noisy) as we know a lot of NFH are not noisy , they inflict themselves in other ways, and apparently this agency will knock on neighbours doors and ask questions.
        http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

I decree today that life

Is simply taking and not giving

England is mine - it owes me a living

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye

Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye ~ Morrisey/Marr

Politics is Showbusiness for ugly people ~ Jay Leno

I don't like liars, I don't like cheats. I don't like bullsh***ters. I don't like schmoozers. I don't like ar*e-lickers. ~ Sir Alan Sugar

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." ~ Samuel Johnson

The secret of success is the capacity to overcome failure ~ Noel Coward

An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today ~ Laurence J. Peter

Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine ~ Lord Byron

Better bread with water than cake with trouble ~ Russian Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a cup of tea ~ Bernard-Paul Heroux

Carpe Diem

Give Yourself to It ~ Sue Gadenne

Comment

Hi there

I've had a look at that Answers Investigations. It's still not the one I've heard of. I've been trawling through loads of searches trying to find the one I'm thinking of.

I did come across one site - don't know how useful it will be to anyone in practice (eg. I don't know what "gold card ownership levels" is going to tell you :lol: ).

http://www.checkmyfile.com/Guest/Neighbour...rhoodSearch.asp

Other sites worth looking at:

http://www.homecheck.co.uk/

There's a great site I found at: http://www.themovechannel.com they have links to all sorts of different things.

Happy searching :lol:

Comment

Working...
          X