This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nfh Meets Mr Terminator

My NFH acts in the kowledge that my wife and I are gregarious sociable people who would never react in an aggressive or intimidating manner. Basically we are gentle folks, however a number of people who have heard of our trouble are not so gentle and were they living next door to this oddball would have grabbed him by the throat and wiped the floor with him.

We are never likely to do that and he knows it. My question is were we the aggressive intimidating type would it have made our NFH less inclined to annoy us?

Does anyone have any experience of such a situation?

What happens when a NFH finds himself next door to someone quite prepared to meet fire with fire?

Let me know what you think.

Glyn,

The answer to your question is unfortunatly no.Meeting fire with fire, as tempting as it may seem only serves to make the situation worse. It's the "making a bad situation worse" senario.

You sound like a gentleman and my advise to you is to remain that way.

You asked if anybody had experience of this type of situation. Unfortunatly I do. If you were to grab this oddball by the throat and wipe the floor with him, it would not resolve the issue , quite the reverse it would make it far worse. It would give him all the excuse he would need to make you life more unbearable.

You are correct, had he seen you , right from the start as an aggressive type he may be less inclined to treat you the way he does. He clearly does not see you this way and his actions are based on his perception of you.

Please don't think that being aggressive is the answer to your problem.

Take care Kevin

Comment

you say the police are not really helping you in your situation....

I can guareentee if you threaten or raise a hand to your NFH you will be frog marched down to the station as quick as you like.

we have heard it here before from members.

Its not worth it!!!!

you have to think of your family, your sanity and the prospect of having a criminal record.

we always advise here against any confrontation of the sort you are talking about.

you hit him....he wins, in more ways than one

go punch your pillow instead, or go and stand in a field and scream!!

Comment

Originally posted by GLYN@Jul 22 2003, 9:52 AM

My question is were we the aggressive intimidating type would it have made our NFH less inclined to annoy us?

Possibly, yes.

I think Kevin has given you a great answer. Nothing to add

Comment

To be honest, the place where I dwell is a little nightmare called Corby - some of these places in this town just require that kind of attitude. Sometimes it`s the only way to live. I don`t know your hometown, nothing about you. Absolute face to face attacks is gonna bring the police in at some point but other subtle attacks to show you`re not gonna take this abuse for nothing actually work. That`s the way I`m living right now. I gave up on the law a while back. No-one gives a f.

Comment

I'm not sure about any of it. Where I live if you stick up for yourself and retaliate the way you should it gets worse, and if you ignore it or are tactful, they see you as a soft touch.

Sometimes you can never win :nfh1:

Tri

Comment

We are finding that the "brace yourself, smile and carry on with life" stance seems to throw the silly cow off balance. Difficult to do - but proves we are reading what you all say and taking that advice!

The head down approach or direct confrontation just set her off on one!
              "You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

Comment

Hi John,

it does work doing the smile and carry on bit, its does take a lot of effort on your part.

something we do recommend is get a pair of cool sunglasses, wear them and smile, your NFH will not be able to see your eyes and it will really confuse them!! B)

also makes it a bit easier for you as you dont have to do the eye contact thing!

Comment

Glyn,

As much as I can understand why you feel the way you do - and they are perfectly rational thoughts - don't take them any further other than thinking about it.

I recall Poor Tom saying here that it is accepted by psycologists that thinking nasty things is a perfectly normal thought process as long as it doesn't get entertained any further.

I can understand where you are coming from Madhatter used to come up our driveaway with knives and screwdrivers and all manner of goodness knows what trying to either frighten us or cause us physical harm. I had even thought about hiring a hitman and bumping him off. One problem I don't know any hitmen and even if I did I wouldn't want to live with the consequences of my actions for the rest of my life. Furthermore, its not in my nature to do so.

I am am great believer in that these individuals will get their particular type of justice all in good time.

It just takes a bit of patience - its something that I have had to learn after 10 years of living nextdoor to a looney tune who is prescribed Lithium to keep his chemical imbalance in his brain in check.

Comment

Originally posted by Reinen@Jul 22 2003, 5:37 PM

To be honest, the place where I dwell is a little nightmare called Corby - some of these places in this town just require that kind of attitude. Sometimes it`s the only way to live. I don`t know your hometown, nothing about you. Absolute face to face attacks is gonna bring the police in at some point but other subtle attacks to show you`re not gonna take this abuse for nothing actually work. That`s the way I`m living right now. I gave up on the law a while back. No-one gives a f.
                    *GREETINGS REINEN*

My sentiments exactly.Police are overstretched on budget.

Council dont care,Nobody to turn to.

This is where i live.

Comment

Hi,

you have to think of your family, your sanity and the prospect of having a criminal record.

We always advise here against any confrontation of the sort you are talking about.

You hit him....he wins, in more ways than one

go punch your pillow instead, or go and stand in a field and scream!!

A lesson in artwork for everyone - this is me on days when I can't cope with

NFH (Edvard Munch, The Silent Scream - an anxiety painting)

http://www.edvard-munch.com/gallery/anxiety/scream.htm

And this is what I would love to do to my NFH (and no, I am NOT Madam Mel)

http://www.folkart.com/political/a100.htm

Melanie

Comment

*GREETINGS*

HI MEL.NEVER THOUGHT YOU WERE INTO THE OCCULTS.

CAN YOU CAST AN EVIL SPELL ON MY NFH.

TERMINATION FROM THIS MORTAL COIL WOULD BE SUFFICIENT.

AND HER FAMILY TOO.

Comment

Hi Mr Unhappy,

I have fantasised about becoming a white witch and in my mind

I have seen myself casting spells to rid me of my NFH under a full

moon. I did hear of one successful spell that might work (I can send

you the instructions privately if you want to try it). I always worry

about the occult but then I feel that if it is white witchcraft and done

for the common good perhaps it has some merit. Maybe I will wait

for the next full moon and try a spell. There is information on the

internet about spells but from what I have read you have to say

at the end of the spell that none of the spell comes back on you or

your family. I have often thought my NFH is so evil that the whole area

where I live has been poisoned (the holistic well being of my home

has turned negative). Maybe some NFH are indeed conductors of evil

or are vampires in disguise (mine certainly keeps odd hours out there

at night and doesnt seem to need to sleep as long as many of us).

Melanie :unsure:

Comment

Hi April,

I read drawing a white circle (using flour I suppose) and casting

a spell while standing in the white circle (you don't step out of

the circle to you finish the spell) under a full moon may work.

However, if NFH is watching you, imagine the rumours they can

spread after that. We have a white witch in my area, I may yet

consult. The other spell that may help the NFH to leave is to draw them

or get a photo of them and tie it around a candle and let the candle

and the picture burn away while you think thoughts of them moving.

You have to do this for seven consecutive days.

(Dont start a fire and this is NOT for children to try). I would put the

candle away from anything flamable and be around till it goes out.

I heard someone tried this once and it worked on a spouse that was

misbehaving

Melanie

Comment

*GREETINGS*

LOOK OUT HOLLY,

Melanie is taking over your neighbourhood witch status.

Comment

Working...
                              X