Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Traveler in Stock market Fortune!

Just the link to this story - real or not!

http://entertainment.yahoo.com/entnews/wwn...4808600007.html

Peter J.

Peterj.

He probably thinks he is a Time Traveller.

Bet their is no war going on in his time!

Comment

ooohhh!

no mystery is closed to an open mind!!

and why not!

Comment

Officials are quite confident the "time-traveler's" claims are bogus[/b]

Doesn't that sound arrogant? How do they know that? How can they ever be sure? If all of time exists simultaneously around us (past, present, future) then surely all manner of things exist and are possible simultaneously?!

Don't these people watch Star Trek for goodness sake?!!

(Thankyou Tim White - Beth )

Comment

Oooh....weird!

Peter, can you let us know of any updates on this bloke? I'm fascinated by stuff like this - I can't see why it's not true. He's just madea mess getting caught hasn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew@Mar 30 2003, 11:51 AM

If all of time exists simultaneously around us (past, present, future) then surely all manner of things exist and are possible simultaneously?!
            Have you read Hyperspace by the top physicists Michio Kaku? A truly fascinating book about time dimensions.

One theory says our minds perceive time as one long line only going forward BUT evidence from far reaches of space indicates that time could exists as non-liner time, that is, with no start or end only now.

Perhaps this guy has technology to slip into our perceived time frame!

Ah.. yes, Star Trek Voyager is me

Peter J.

Comment

I read that story too, Peter.

Makes you think. If it's true it's nice to know that we won't have destroyed the planet in 200 years. If he reveals Bin Laden's whereabouts will he have changed the timeline and be unable to return?

I've heard that the World Wide News where the story originally surfaced is the kind of rag that publishes stories such as "I married an Alien", that sort of thing.

Besides which, if the police have no proof of insider trading, how can they keep him locked up until he confesses? Don't they have laws in the USA? Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Come to think of it I've been hearing lots of complaints about recent legislation

Misty
              "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Mar 30 2003, 9:26 PM

Makes you think.* If it's true it's nice to know that we won't have destroyed the planet in 200 years.
                Ahhh but Misty, was the alleged 'time traveller' from a future that will be, or a future that could be? (We've all seen Scrooge?!).

Peter: ever need a ST episode, let me know, got all of ST Voy, most of DS9, some TNG, all films, but only a little of TOS. I do watch Enterprise on SKY, but see most of the ST: Enterprise episodes earlier, after downloading (*coughs*) over the internet. That book sounds interesting too.

Great stuff!

Comment

I watched a tv prog a while ago about dimensions. Apparently, according to one physicist there are at least 11 dimensions. There may be more he hasn't figured this out yet. It was also stated that given the right conditions a scientist could start another universe - or dimension - in a laboratory. Another big bang, so to speak.

How does this pertain to time travel? Well, as Matthew said 'Is it the future that will be or the future that could be?' I think 'Sliders' would be a good example of the different dimensions. Each week they slide into another reality. In another prog it was said that time travel is a possibility.....but you could only travel to a different time in another dimension, not the one you inhabit, (see Sliders).

Is it a proton that can be in two places at the same time? I'm just rambling here. But I also read somewhere that, for example, if there are two possibilities then time will follow both, you travel along both time lines but you don't realise this because 'you' don't know about the other 'you' on a different line. The possibilities are mind boggling!!! Damn! Why didn't I end up in the reality where I won the lottery?

My brain hurts now so I'm going to stop here

Misty
                  "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

In America you are indeed innocent until proven guilty, that is, unless you've consulted the UN and they've said no, then you have thr right to kick whosever a** you like.

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

I, on the other hand am infact from a race of ultra beings that live deep beneath our oceans and survive totally on chocolate, of course, you don't have the technology to dive that deep but when you do you will find that we're actaully quite nice neighbours.
                    "no matter where you are, that's where you've been".

Comment

Mmmmmmmm, chocolate *drool*

Do I need a tourist visa?

Misty

Comment

It is argued that this concept can be scaled up to the larger entity, so that people could exist in either the quantum or the Netwtonian world, meaning that our lives can either be pre-determined as per Newtonian determinism or random and unexpected as per quantum probabilism. In the quantum world, anything could happen![/b]

Hmmm, sounds a bit like the argument about free will. All very paradoxical if you've only got a worn out brain like mine

Has anybody ever read any of David Icke's books. Wow! He might sound like a nutcase (remember his 'Son of God' phase?) but he goes on about different dimensions and frequencies. Oh, and about shape-shifting lizards. But get past the lizard thing and he has a lot of very interesting things to say.

Misty

Comment

Think I am glad I was at work for most of this thread!!

it gets complecated the more you look in to it.

Personally I believe that the "greys" (aliens) are actually humans from the future coming back in time to collect DNA to save the human race.

because something must of happened and thats why they look so pasty!

making the topic worse now....

what is time?

who decided that the year would be a year and a second would fit in a minute?

and these people who make up these theories, and thats all they are, who says they are right.

Einstien did the mc2 thingy and everyone is like ahhh....who said he was right?

when it comes down to it, time travel might well be possible, the people who dismiss the idea because of scientific evidence.....how are the right...who told them they are right, its just a load of theories!

peoples thoughts, I have thoughts on lots of things but because I dont have a degree in quantum physics and I am a female....true.....I often get poo pared....maybe I have the answers but nobody knows it yet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Saint@Mar 31 2003, 3:56 PM

I, on the other hand am infact from a race of ultra beings that live deep beneath our oceans and survive totally on chocolate, of course, you don't have the technology to dive that deep but when you do you will find that we're actaully quite nice neighbours.
                            Bloomin' Brilliant!

I want in, and I mean now!

Comment

Beth, did you watch "Taken" which ran on a Saturday night for a number of weeks?

I believe that the "greys" (aliens) are actually humans from the future coming back in time to collect DNA to save the human race. because something must of happened and thats why they look so pasty![/b]

That's sort of what they were doing in that. They were experimenting with creating a more evolved being - half them, half us. Sort of, i think...?!

Comment

Working...
                              X