This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk your way to Peace

With all our problem neighbors blighting our lives, it so good when something can take the pressure away and help us relax for a while. Today, I joined a friend on a 10 mile walk day out with a group of like mined people.

Wow! this I can recommend whole heartily. It was terrific, I don’t remember such a happy experience in a long time!

Armed with compasses, ordnance survey maps and green wellies, we trekked along a 10 mile valley of unspoiled grassland on a warm breezy day. Just being with people of similar interests enjoying the peaceful countryside was lovely. The birds were tweeting and small creatures scurried along our path heading for places to hide. Near the end of the walk, the approach was stunning, a sheer cliff drop leading to bright and clear blue sea waters of the Norfolk coast stretching for miles.

I was interested to learn most of the group go on such walks to get away from pressure in their lives like work, hustle & bustle of every day life and even nagging partners (yes, really!) We finished by catching a lift back to our parked cars dreaming of the next excursion.

I can only fully describe the experience as uplifting. If you want a way to relax, find one of these groups and JUST DO IT!

Peter J.
Working...
X