This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFH from Heaven??

Sorry I've not posted anything today, but this is about as off topic as you could get.

I've been gripped by the excitement of what has become of comet NEAT. Never heard of it? I'm not surprised, none of the mainstream media have covered it (to my knowledge). Well, NEAT approached perihelion (nearest approach to the sun) yesterday. There has been a lot of interest in various forums around the net. You see, NASA and other governmental agencies have been playing around with the satellite pics or not posting them when they were supposed to. Which has led to a HUGE conspiracy theory.

NEAT's size has been estimated to be anywhere from 2 1/2 times the size of Jupiter to half the size of the moon. It's effect on the sun has been quite spectacular, at least in the pics. When someone pointed out that some of the pics had been doctored almost all the forums where it was being discussed were hacked and went down. Add that to the fact that a week ago the press carried a story about not telling people if a earth-impacting asteroid were discovered and also the panic buying of duct tape and plastic sheeting in US. So you can see why the conspiracy people were running around like headless chickens.

Anyway, at best we should get some spectacular meteorite showers around the end of April and again in November when the earth passes through the trail of NEAT's passage. At worse.......well, some of the debris left behind might be a bit larger than usual and might cause some problems. Fingers crossed it's all dust.

If you want to see some pics of NEAT visit http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com

Misty_off_to_dig_a_shelter
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Very interesting stuff, thanks Misty

I'm sure the Governments keep all kinds of stuff from us......sheesh!

Anyone seen the film, "Conspiracy Theory" with Mel Gibson in it? Good film, bet some of it's true!

Comment

Yes, Matthew, I watched that no long ago. Lot's of things in it I'd heard before. Good film though.

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

ooohhh!!

please can you remind me closer to the time?!

I love stuff like that!......quiet fireworks!!!!!

and hey....if it does hit it will save saddam and bush a job!!

Comment

Anyway, it's on its way back to the Oort cloud now so we shouldn't be seeing it again for a good while.*[/b]

I've just looked in my diary and grrr, I'll be busy in 37,000 years when it makes its next appearance Oh, well, I'll have to look at photos

Misty

Comment

Well if it did collide with Earth then all our NFH problems would be over, anyone read the Fortean Times here?

Comment

I hate flying April,

but we dont go abroad that much so that is ok, as a pet owner you know how difficult it can be to go away,

have an intrest in stars and sci-fi though...big trekkers in our house!!!

but I dont worry about big astroids and things though, if any thing did hit I would rather not be given opportunity to panic!!

hey we are only alive untill we die!!!

my Dad has said for years...."I like to read the obituraries in the paper in bed, if Im not in it I get up"!!!!

Bless him!!

Comment

Lol, Beth, your dad has a great sense of humour.

I've only flown twice (there and back), but I was young and reckless, you wouldn't get me up in one of those things nowadays

Not that I'm scared of flying, but I'm terrified of crashing!!

Misty

Comment

my dad worked for MOD he was a fire station officer at an airfield, think Ive said that before!!

another one of his favorite sayings about his job" we've never got one stuck up there before!!"

ummm....gives you great confidence!

Comment

Reminded me of a joke, Beth.

Posh and Becks were flying to New York. Half an hour into their flight the captain came on the intercom and said ' Ladies and gentleme, we have lost power in one of of our right engines, but don't worry, we can still make it, but it will take half an hour longer' Half an hour later a left engine went out and the captain said 'Ladies and gentlemen, we have lost power in our left engine, but don't worry, it will just mean we will be an hour late'

A little later the second right engine cut out and the captain said ' Ladies and gentlemen, sorry to tell you our right engine has cut out, but please don't worry, it will mean we will be an hour and half late in reaching our destination'

Becks turned to Posh and said 'Flippin' 'eck, I hope the last engine doesn't cut out or we'll be up here forever!'

Misty

Comment

Hi Misty,

The reason your comet isnt in the papers is that we nuked it!!!

sorry!!

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooo

Misty

Comment

Working...
                        X