This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please close the door when you leave!

Thanks for explaining that, Matthew. I usually do log-off when I leave the board but yesterday when I tried I got an error message , so I just left anyway.

There seemed to be a few error messages yesterday and now I know what caused them I won't panic again

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Thanks Matthew,

Got my finger jammed in the door last time!!

ouch!!

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Ill get you a plaster for that....I hope you cleaned it first!!!

Comment

Don't know if i am an offender but i have this on Favs and just close the window so am i still showing as being logged on after i have gone?

Tracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy@Feb 11 2003, 1:50 PM

Don't know if i am an offender but i have this on Favs and just close the window so am i still showing as being logged on after i have gone?

Tracy.
          No worries Tracy

Yes, you actually have to log-out using the Log Out link at the top of your page, rather than just close the page down.

We've had no further problems though lately - and it just goes to prove that the problem wasn't with us at all (as I suspected originally), rather it was the fault of another web page using the same web host and server that we do, draining the server.

Comment

I must admit, i have a problem with this. Because the site is so brilliant, i access it wherever and whenever possible (home, offices (I work from quite a few different ones), friends etc.). This can mean that even if i log out at one, the next time i go back to the site from a diiferent computer I am still logged on.

I apologise if i am causing a nuisance, I do try to log out!

Comment

Originally posted by hollygolightly@Mar 4 2003, 4:20 PM

This can mean that even if i log out at one, the next time i go back to the site from a diiferent computer I am still logged on.
              It's OK Holly, the computer won't actually show you as being on the board after it times out (1 hour), but will automatically log you back in again when you use the computer again (if cookies are enabled, etc).

Comment

I was not even aware of the 'log-out' tab at the top there!

It's just as well that request was posted - I'd still be oblivious; I plead ignorance and the frightened life of the technophobe in mitigation.

Morbius

Comment

>>Hi all,

Just a quick reminder to ask that when you've done with the board for a while, and this applies to members really, please logout using the "Log Out" link at the top of the board.

This helps to minimise the amount of connections (and hence error messages) that are made to the database that runs our forum board - when people don't log out, the connection is kept open for quite a while (and often for 60 minutes as this is the default cut off time I set on the board, as some longer posts do take a while to write, etc)

Comment

Working...
                  X