This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours From Heaven

I couldn't help but think back to a few years ago, when the neighbours I lived by were absolutely great. It was a cul-de-sac and even though we were not in and out of each others houses we had time for one another and often at weekends - weather permitting - gardening, washing cars etc, we would often have a chat and a laugh about different things.

It was nice to live by such neighbours and in particular the fact that since then - and albeit in my current state of mind, I have been lamenting of my decision to sell, although partly selling was because the property was becoming too small for our needs and changing lifestyle.

How many of us Members here had great neighbours and wished they had never moved or has there always been one gripe.

I would be interested to know your replies and I would especially like to know - if like me - you regretted the decision to move.

Look forward to reading your replies.

I haven't really had much trouble from next-door neighbours, in fact most of my neighbours have been quite pleasant. For some reason the houses on either side of me experience months, or even years of being empty.......omg!!! Maybe I'm a neighbour from hell Nah, the reason for them being empty is things like the tenant/owner dying, or moving to be closer to family. I had a lovely Chinese neighbour but she was getting so much racist abuse she decided to move to a more culturally diverse area of the city. I still miss her.

I remember my mums neighbours (most of them still there) were fantastic. My sister took over the house when my mum died and despite the close looking like a bomb site, thanks to demolition work, all her immediate neighbours have been there for years or are the children of neighbours who have moved in to be close to their parents, and they all look out for each other. The problems they have stem from gangs coming in from outside. I wish I'd never exercised my right to buy because I'd move there like a shot.

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi Scooby

When I was growing up, I remember all the neighbours we had seemed to be normal ones, it's only since I've moved out and bought my own home that the nfh's have appeared. There have been three in a row, but I hope that things have quietened down with my nfh now and so with any luck he may become a "normal" neighbour at some point in the not too distant future!

Comment

The best kind of neighbour is the one that will help out with stuff like getting the bins in and checking the house when you are away.....

but...

do not live in your pockets.

I was trying to explain to someone about my new neighbour the other day, the fact we have very little contact with him is fine, the fewer times we feel the need to talk about him is good as with the NFH it was a huge topic in our house as they were so ever present in our lifes...taking over in a way.

so the best kind is the kind you dont have to think about on a daily basis!

Comment

The best kind of neighbour is the one that will help out with stuff like getting the bins in and checking the house when you are away.....

but...

do not live in your pockets.[/b]

Spot on, Beth!

Comment

I feel I've been a good neighbour today. My (normal) neighbour's daughter's car wouldn't start (again) and she was rushing to get to work and was going to ring for a taxi.

I offered to drive her into work. 5 brownie points for me

Comment

Holly,

Love to bits your new Avatar !!!!

Matthew this is not fair I thought I was the wicked witch of the west on this forum !!!! I'll have to settle now for wicked witch of the east then !

Comment

Working...
              X