This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Inadequacy

We have been burglared recently and the police was less than sympathetic.

In spite of clear evidence which point to our NFH, they say they shall not investigate further as they say it is not realistic. They won;t even question them

In view of the fact that we have court cases coming up, we feel threatened, intimidated and the police say they can do nothing. In fact we were told that is the nature of the beast, the legal process does not protect individuals.

What kind of a country do we live in?

We have exhausted financial resources to the limits to protect ourselves against our NFHs.

Can anyone tell us if we can get help from some where. Even the insurance companies are beginning to charge us high premiums and high excesses as we have been broken into by NFH twice in 12 months.

HELP!

the police need to take you seriously,

write to the chief constable and keep a copy of the letter.

there is also the police complaints authority.

has any one else here had dealings with this sort of thing?

Comment

Welcome to the board Tiger Good to have you here.

It must be a pretty stressful situation, also the feelings of dread/anger that come with having been broken into so many times in 12 months.

Have you got a local neighbourhood watch group or rep you can contact for help/support? If not, why not start one up yourself with other local residents? Some insurance companies give a discount for being in a NH Watch area. Neighbourhood Watch

What about the local Police Crime Prevention Officer? Have they been in touch to help you prevent any further break ins, etc?

The Police surely have a duty to protect you, keep you safe, prevent harassment and protect your interests (as well as their own in enabling you to serve as effective witnesses in court in the forthcoming court cases). As E.Beth says, get back on to your Local Police and write if neccessary, complaining in the strongest manner with the facts to date.

Good luck and come back often to let us know how you are and how it's going

Comment

Hi Tiger,

Sorry to hear your story. It seems that burglary doesn't merit much police attention nowadays. But I'd go along with Beth and Matthew and advise you to write a strongly worded letter to your Chief Constable.

If you are being threatened the police have a duty to do something. Mind you, try telling them that.

You might also write to your MP enclosing a copy of the letter you send to the Chief Constable. Good luck, hope things change for you.

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

We have been to court and I just don't believe this country!

Contempt of court, the judge found my neighbour guilty - but guess what, he won't send her to jail because her GP wrote a letter to say she has a medical problem.

She was found to be a noise nusiance after 3 long days of hearing. It was an 18 months suspended eviction order. Guess what - within one month they breached it again.

I have just been to my MP. I have just been to my Neighbour Nuisance team. My nieghbour is still smoking drugs and the fumes continue to come through. We have been told the judge was too lenient and that they are going back to court.

Why can' t they ever fix problems properly in this country.

Mind you my neighbours are all doing very well thank you very much. I just worked out that they must be one of the riches families in Britain in control of real estate worth nearly a million in total. All 3 generations of council tenants with council rent subsidies. Not to mention DHSS support with not a penny of bills to pay because of medical conditions of one form or another. I CAN NOW SEE WHERE ALL OUR TAXES ARE GOING!

I have just lobbied my MP to see the Home secretary about it - it is so unfair.

I am not against benefits but for every one who abuses the system, 12 others get deprive. Not to mention a seniro member of our church at 82 and the NHS could not operate on his bowel cancer due to lack of resources - he was asked to lay 12000 pounds for his Op.

What an unfair and selfish society Britain has been turned into. We have just heard another few thousand are to be made unemployed due to corporate failures!

I plan to set up a working group to lobby the government for change. Please join me.

And thanks to all who responded to my previous posting - April, Mistyeyedreamer, Matthew, Beth etc

By the way the Police and the courts are in a real shambles here. The police I believe are demoralised and have simply given up - just imagine they work hard to catch criminals only to have judges give them a pad on the back to go home and commit more crimes!

God help Great Britain - great in crime!

Comment

Hi Tiger,

Well isn't it just typical? Lie, cheat, steal, sell/do drugs and the powers that be are falling over themselves to help you. But be a decent, law abiding, upstanding member of society and you are **** upon from a great height!!!

It doesn't matter how hard the police work, how many people they arrest, once they go to court it's all up to the judge! And it seems more and more judges live in ivory towers, totally out of touch with what is happening in the ordinary world. The law is just a game to them, every case is a little battle of logic, who has the cleverer argument. That's if it ever gets to court, the CPS won't go ahead with a case if it has less than about an 80% chance of a conviction. Even if the accused goes in front of a jury there's no guarantee that it's not filled with people of the same ilk or sympathetic to law breakers or are too scared to give a guilty verdict.

I can feel the despair and anger in your post and I share it as do a lot of others.

She was found to be a noise nusiance after 3 long days of hearing. It was an 18 months suspended eviction order. Guess what - within one month they breached it again.[/b]

They just don't care, we've read of a number of cases where ASBOs and injuctions have been broken time and time again. One ASBO was broken 17 times before any action was taken. I'm sorry you didn't get anywhere with the court. The stress of waiting and then seeing it all turn to dust must have been agonizing, to put it mildly. It makes you wonder why you bother. It seems there's no justice at all in this country.

Tell us more about this lobby group you want to set up. It sounds interesting.

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

we love a good fight, so count us in!

anything to make this once green and pleasent land...well, pleasent again!

Comment

I remember visiting Europe when I was in my teens and feeling very proud of the UK as a haven for hard workers, good representatives of social and economic models.

For the past 10 years I've seen this country go down the pan. Dodgy immigration (sorry, no problems with immigrants who want to work/learn language etc, but the DHSS is already stretched to breaking point and these people are testing this - don't mean true asylum seekers here, just freeloaders), NHS cuts, the education system (what happened to free education for all?), and manufacturing in the worst recession ever.

It has its repercussions socially - folk in this country have now lost most of the pride associated with the UK, as a consequence think its ok to behave as they want wherever they want at others' expense.

These days, even in "good" areas, i see litter, dog-muck, boarded-up houses, gangs of teenagers hanging around precincts, and if you take the time to talk to some of the OAPs in these areas, there is little hope for the future.

Am considering b*****ing off to the continent - maybe its not much better there either, but at least its warm!

Comment

Hi everyone - not sure what has happened to my posting.

We are going back to court, we are meeting with the police and what's more the MP has agreed to take our case to the Home secretary.

My compaign is very simple - Restore decency to Britain.

I shall borrow the words of George Bush - either you are for decency or you are for hooligans.

Who do you want to see in control of this country - the choice is yours.

Judges don't care, politicians don't care and least of all the police.

Its all up to you and people like me.

Please respond please support. You just have to reply to this post, total annonymity ensured.

I shall print out your response and ask my MP to pass it to the Home Secretary.

Comment

Well done, Tiger,

I don't know if the Home secretary will listen, well he might listen but whether he does something is another matter.

What I'd like to know is why a judge has a job for life. Who is he there for? Do judges even know or care what happens in the real world? Do they have any idea what it's like to live like a prisoner in your own home on some God forsaken council estate, surrounded by out of control kids and their equally yobbish parents?

It's all very well bringing in ASBO's and Protection from Harrassment Acts but what's the point if those with the power won't use them. Or if when an ASBO is served the yob can break it time and again without any real punishment.

Why don't schools teach morals? I've heard about 'good citizenship classes' but what are they? Why don't the government crack down on truancy? How come we can't afford to educate our kids but we can afford to send them off to fight and possibly die in some illegal war? All that death and destruction rained down on the people of Iraq and here schools are sending children home because they can't afford to pay teachers' wages.

It's time to start punishing the wrong doers, give more help to the victims of crime and less help to the perpetrators. If a kid gives cheek to a policeman, that policeman should be allowed to take the kid back to his/her parents with a warning that if it happens again they will be penalised or forced to take parenting classes. People criticise the police but can you imagine what it must be like to have to stand and take the abuse meted out by some ten year old yob and not be able to to anything about it? If parents can't control their kids it's time the parents were controlled and taught to control.

I could go on and on all night,but I won't.

Tiger you have my fullest support and admiration for what you are doing. More strength to you.

Misty

Comment

Tiger, count me in, you can print off my posting as above if its not too controversial

Comment

and the second was that it had Christian religious connotations[/b]

Badger, I can see the need for waders!! Are we to believe that only Christians have morals? Just how insulting is that to Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists, Agnostics and just about anybody else?!!

I'm gobsmacked!! I think perhaps teachers need a few lessons in morals as well!!

Misty

Comment

Then we should start lobbying for change from above. No, I don't mean pray Although it might help

Just another piece of the dark agenda, dumb down our kids, tell them they're always right.

Misty

Comment

Its so typical Tiger. And that's why more and more people are taking the law into their own hands. Unfortunately the eye for an eye route makes the whole world blind.

My mother was a primary school teacher for 20 years, 1972 to 1992 teaching the same age children throughout and she said that she noticed a marked decline in behaviour standards over that time.

Not sure if its all the governments fault though and I know that we have all had bad experiences with the very worst that society has thrown up but the fact that we are here discussing it means that they are still some of us who have a decent moral standard.
                            Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

Count me in tiger - and Badger - I've just read your posting about morals not being taught at your kids school because of religious connotations - well I don't believe in diddley and nor did my parents - but I WAS TAUGHT MORALS and from those foundations found my own morals. Badger can future postings about the school your kids attend come with a government health warning? My blood pressure is nearly through the roof reading about what goes on in PC world - and I don't mean the computer shop!

Last year I traced a junior school teacher I thought had a positive effect on my life - hadn't seen him for thirty years. He was absolutely over the moon to read about himself in a local paper and contacted me back and we've met etc - wow!

He was very new wave/liberal and constantly getting in trouble with the headmaster for silly things really, but in no way is he old school disciplinarian - no way! The complete opposite. I believe he was the only good teacher I ever had and had a positive effect on me - enough for me to trace him thirty years later!

But Mr ******* would have none of the BS you've described happening at your kids school, and as for not allowing your kids to buy books as they're not in the school curriculum - I'm going to ask him about this as I am in shock - truly I'm in shock.

This isn't off topic as I believe teachers have a massive part to play in a child's life and in the formation of our future citizens of the world. They can make or break a kid with 'problems' - and I was a kid with problems.

Yes rockbank, I think that's part of the reason I keep coming back here - it reminds me that there are some people left with a decent moral standard.

Comment

Working...
                              X