X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I say!!

Hi everyone,

I have finally been able to get my Housing Officer to visit me in the morning, (Tuesday 15th @10.30am) and I want to be able to put my point across without snapping her head off.

I have 2 hours of video to show her, I have my 4 Diary sheets and on Friday I had to visit my Doctor again, and he has prescribed me Amitriptyline to help me cope, be he refused to write me a letter to give my HO, as my NFH have the same Doctor as me, and he dosen't want to get involved

I want to sign over my Tennancy as I have had enough now, I refuse to be shoved into a 3rd floor flat because I have a few pets, and I would have to find them new homes and to me that's not fair as they keep me sane they are my babies

I don't know what to do now, do I make myself homeless or wait and see what my HO says???

Any ideas would be welcome my partner is ill so I am doing this alone
    http://www.dawnie.interwebs.co.uk/Heart1.gif

Dawnie.

Great news about you finally getting to see the Housing officer.

Don't do anything rash, like ending your tenancy.

If you make yourselves homeless the LA do not have to re-house you.

Listen to the officer and calmly put your side across, it is hard but you don't want to appear as bad as NFH.

Can you copy your video evidence so that maybe they can take a copy away with them to look at, i found that they never had time during a visit to see any evidence.

Ask them if there is anyway they can see a solution to this or what they propose to do to sort out the problems.

Threaten them with Human Rights acts, it worked for me.

Write down what you want to say so you don't leave anything out.

I ended up writing it all down and just asking them to go through each point with me and also jotted down their reply to my question.

Is there anyway you can contact a local MP before this so you can say that you also have them interested in your case.

Also have you considered reporting LA to the Local Government Ombudsman, if you are not happy after the visit then perhaps say that is your next step.

Hope that is of some use.

Give best wishes to your husband, and don't let the toe rags win, i wanted to give up loads of times and now i am finally coming to a closure it is slow and hard but rise above them.

Tracy.

Comment

Oops forgot photo copy Diary sheets, just incase they get lost!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawnie@Apr 14 2003, 10:16 AM

(1) I have 2 hours of video to show her, I have my 4 Diary sheets

(2) my Doctor has prescribed me Amitriptyline

(3) I want to sign over my Tennancy as I have had enough now, I refuse to be shoved into a 3rd floor flat because I have a few pets, and I would have to find them new homes and to me that's not fair as they keep me sane they are my babies

(4) I don't know what to do now, do I make myself homeless or wait and see what my HO says???

(5) Any ideas would be welcome my partner is ill so I am doing this alone
        Hi Dawnie,

(1) Like Tracy says, try and get copies of everything so you can give the Housing Officer a set to take away.

(2) Me too! And they helped me a lot.

(3) It wouldn't be a good idea for you to terminate your tenancy at this stage. When the Housing Officer comes round ask what other properties they have and how soon they would be able to transfer you. If the Housing Officer appears supportive (and on your side) then ask if they would be willing to help you get rehoused by the Council. You can still make the application as homeless (under Part VII Housing Act 1996) - see my other reply (on your first posting).

Pets are babies and I can fully empathise with you there. My cat is my baby (my other one passed away last year and she was my lifeline for fiftenn years).

(4) If you terminate your tenancy now, you are losing your property which is a bargaining tool. If you were to make a homeless application after terminating it, the Council may say you had made yourself intentionally homeless - although you have an argument against this as it wasn't reasonable for you to continue to occupy. Definitely wait to see what the Housing Officer says.

(5) It sounds like an awful situation for you and your partner, and if you feel that you are trying to cope with this burden on your own for both of you then doubly difficult.

What about aplying to other Housing Associations in your area?

I hope that the above advice is of some use to you?

Comment

Hi Dawnie,

I can only reiterate what Tracy and Holly have advised. It sounds so tempting to give up the tenancy, but please think very, very carefully before making a decision.

Hopefully your housing officer will be helpful, if not, I strongly advise you to get your MP and local councillors involved. Also I agree with Tracy's suggestion of going to the local government ombusdman.

Good luck and I hope your partner gets well soon.

Misty
          "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Working...
          X