This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family from Hell

I read a story in Daily Mail today about a really obnoxious family on the Isle of Wight. FOUR generations of them, all causing hell for neighbours. It was a long piece and not online but I'll type out a bit of the story here. Makes you count your blessings

-----------------------------------------------------------

Last year, Katrina Case, the single mother of five children, was evicted from her HA home after subjecting neighbours to five years of misery.

The family moved into Highfield Rd. Newport, IoW in 1997. In the following years the house was in continual uproar.

Mother and children shouted abuse at frightened neighbours. Stones, broken glass and half eaten food were thrown at passersby.

On one occasion a huge bonfire was piled up in the tiny garden and the flames reached as high as the roof. One neighbour, **** ****, once had two greenhouse windows smashed within minutes of complaining about the Case household. In total he had four car windscreens destroyed, three wing mirrors torn off and a lounge window smashed. Other residents were forced to take anti-depressants. Some even moved. Medina HA took action.

After 50 neighbours made complaints and an ex-SAS surveilliance squad collected covert video footage, Katrina Case and her five children aged from 12 to two were evicted following a High court hearing in October.

In a ground breaking attempt to protect witnesses from intimidation, Medina Housing was also granted a five year injunction barring Miss Case from even visiting Highfield Rd.

In December Miss Case, supported by legal aid went to the Court of Appeal, which overturned the injunction, ruling that the HA's have no hold over ex-tenants.

She remains evicted from the house but can come and go in the street, where her grandmother Doreen Attrill also has a house. Miss Case and her children now live with her parents, Geraldine and Stephen Case, in a house only 100 yards away. The HA is appealing to the House of Lords.

It is an important test case against problem families.

Neighbour, ***** ******, a nurse told a court hearing: 'Until 1997 I enjoyed living in Highfield Road. Then Katrina Case moved in - and everything changed. My washing line, fence and garden table were broken, plants and pots knocked over or uprooted, and the membrane in my fishpond was punctured. Mud was smeared on my doorts and windows, and the children threw stones at my garden and house.

'I have seen Ethan(8) and Josh(12) beat two baby rabbits to death, I have also seen Ethan smash in the head of a kitten. I was eventually forced to move away into smaller accommodation and do not want anyone else to go through what I went through.'

Miss Case insists she is simply a single mother struggling by on £1,000 a month in benefits. Now, evicted from Highfield Rd, she endures life in her parents' house with her children, a heroin-addict brother, and a nephew and neice.

Thanks to her notoriety, she cannot find another place to live. She blames many for her problems, including the children's violent father, Marvin Dunkling, last year jailed for 28 days for assaulting a housing officer.

Replacement boyfriend, Darren Smith, a heroin addict and convicted shoplifter failed to bring any stability. Miss Case said: 'It's not easy, I'm on my own with five kids. Bit I'm a good mother. It's not fair banning me from the street. I should have the right to visit my own grandmother - and we're not neighbours from hell.'

That grandmother, Doreen Attrill, herself faces eviction from her house after complaints about her behaviour.

Association head of housing, Angus Macdonald said: 'Wer're taking this to the Lords because we want Katrina Case kept away from our witnesses. And we are trying to send a real message - we will not tolerate behaviour like this.

__________________________________________________ _

What a family!! I have heard that young children who delight in killing little animals are showing signs of what may become murderous behaviour later in life. Lord help the Isle of Wight!!!!

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Like you said Misty,

This really does make you count your blessings!!

love

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Good grief! Thanks for typing that up Misty!

Ouch, ouch and double ouch, what a nightmare family.....

"Medina Housing" - where have I heard that name before?! Connected with something similar methinks...........

Comment

I've heard that name, Medina before as well. Wasn't it connected with a story about a old woman who was evicted because of her behaviour? She was walking into other people's houses and shouting at them, etc and was really nasty to a young boy in a wheelchair. I'm sure you posted it somewhere, Matthew.

I thought some of the yobs around here were bad, but not THAT bad. If those little thugs aren't reigned in soon I think we'll be reading about something far more serious in the not too distant future! I remember seeing a tv prog in which an FBI investigator or a psychiatrist said that one of the early signs in the life of a serial killer was the torturing and/or killing of small animals. Very scary!!

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Jan 25 2003, 7:50 PM

I remember seeing a tv prog in which an FBI investigator or a psychiatrist said that one of the early signs in the life of a serial killer was the torturing and/or killing of small animals.* Very scary!!

Misty
          I'll check Misty

Didn't it come to light that James Bulger's killers (Thompson & Venables) were involved in hurting animals at an earlier age or am I thinking about a different situation?

Comment

You are right Matthew

I distinctly remember that as well!!

It's almost like a "power" thing. I bet some psychiatrist can explain this better.

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

she started breeding mice, but killed the babies because they were blind[/b]

She's either lying or an idiot. Mice are born blind and naked, just like rabbits, and rats! In my (much) younger days I used to keep and breed mice so I know

And yes, Matthew, I think it was Robert Thompson, one of little Jamie's killers, who liked to torture animals.

What a world we live in!!

Misty

Comment

Working...
              X