X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thugs from Hell

On the main site here - thanks go to April for pointing this out to me

That was one of the most horrifically scary stories I've read!! Imagine what could have happened to that family if the petrol tank had exploded!!

I truly believe it is criminally irresponsible of the government to allow fireworks to be sold, especially in today's violent society. There have been reports of fireworks being used as 'terror' weapons, thrown into pubs etc but when a family is deliberately targetted it makes you wonder what kind of homes the attackers come from and what kind of sick minds they have.

A couple of years ago a group of yobs deliberately aimed a firework at my house and the bedroom window was shattered. Luckily the curtains were drawn and nobody was hurt. When I reported it to the police they said they'd had a few similar reports in our area.

I hope they throw the book at the yobs that did this to that family, and follow it by throwing away the key!!!!!!

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Jan 10 2003, 11:42 AM

That was one of the most horrifically scary stories I've read!! *Imagine what could have happened to that family if the petrol tank had exploded!!
      I agree Misty, it's terrible

Fireworks should be banned all year round - when is the government actively going to attempt to tackle this serious problem? I mean people are injured every year by these lethal weapons.

Out of interest I was just looking for some official statistics on firework related injuries, this is from the DTI's website for the year 2001:

"The number of injuries caused by fireworks each year is relatively low. However, last year the total number of injuries increased by over 40% to the highest level since 1995, with 1362 injuries recorded."

Their webpages are here.

Out of interest - and I think this was said on Radio 4's You and Yours program this week, one lady who phoned in reported that if you live in Germany you need to obtain a licence before you have or use any type of fireworks and these are restricted to certain times of the year only. Anyone else hear the details of that?

Comment

Working...
      X