X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £70,000 claim over neighbour from hell

News at the main site here

Ooh, I have such mixed feelings over this.

Firstly, no amount of money will restore the dead to life. Secondly, who will actually be paying if the case is successful? You got it, the council taxpayers!

It was a horrible evil act and those who failed the dead man should be held personally responsible along with the killer. If they had acted, that poor man could have taken some precautions against his attacker.

Unfortunately, although I can sympathise with the family and despite the fact they say it is not about money, once again funds will be diverted from other areas to pay. Unless, of course, the council has some sort of insurance against this kind of thing. Even then, policy premiums will increase so the taxpayer loses out again.

Having said all that, I hope the case is successful because it might make councils more aware of their responsibilities towards the public. And that can only be good for all of us.

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

so the victims pay for their own compo, thats the long and short of it!

I hope this spurs other councils into sorting out problem neighbours before it ever gets to that stage again!

I do feel for the victims family, added stress.

Comment

Working...
      X