X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours must report domestic abuse

News on the main NFH website here.

Reporting domestic abuse is not so clear cut at they would have us believe. What happens if it is obvious that it was you that reported it and the NFH decideds to make you his next victim? It's not so much that people are ignoring it but you have to take into acount retaliation.

I cannot understand how some women will stay with men who hit them. But as I've never been in that situation I can't really judge. However I would not put my family at risk to report an abusive neighbour if I thought he would retaliate.

Sorry, but that's how I feel about it.

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

have to say...

his or her victims

Violence towards men is equally as common but is rarely reported, due to many reasons.. one of which is pride, admitting you have been abused by a female, also male sexual abuse by other males or even females.

I think any abuse is wrong, zero tolerance.

also I agree with misty, if a person is violent then they reporter could also be targeted especially if confidentiality slips out, we all know that things slip out.

Comment

oh April,

Sending you you a big hug.

That is horrible, I am so sorry you had to go through a dreadful experiance like that, and at such an young age too.

the attidudes of the law/police were so different then, hummphh.... just a domestic!

makes me mad.

I am sorry if you were upset by this article, I know you said you didnt want it reported but have you ever spoken about it?...like to a councilor or a help line?

Have you ever told the "abuser" how he/she has effected your life? (a hard one I know)

it might help you, as you say the torment is still with you.

I think you are very stong in posting a little of your experiance.

thinking of you ,

Comment

I was raised in a house with a father who loved to drink, and god help us all when he started !!!

My mother did eventually leave , i know it took a lot of courage for her to do that.

She did not have anywhere to take a big family so we were all shuffled out between the family, and though it was hard for a while we did eventually all get back together again.

It was the best thing she ever did and none of us regreted it ,but what i grew up with left me with a lot of problems that took me a long time to sort out !!!!

just reliseing ,you are a child and it wasnt anything we did wrong. the problem was with the adult.

anyway looking back my neighbours all knew what went on and unless deaf dumb and blind no one ever interfered

"it wasnt there business" i think was the attitude nothing to do with me .

but i think especially when there is kids involved its evereones business children should not have to grow up in such an atmosphere!!!!

all i would say is yes report it even though police did nothing for us either just never turn a blind eye to abuse!!!

the horsefans
          "Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

I just want to say that if I thought a child was being abused there'd be no way I wouldn't report it. I realise that it can be difficult for an adult, woman or man, to report abuse against themselves but I feel there is no excuse if a child is being harmed.

Sorry, I'm being rather judgemental, as I said I've not been in an abuse situation. But too many children are let down by the system and they are totally helpless so I wouldn't think twice.

April, I'm so sorry that you have been through an abusive situation, my heart goes out to you.

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Oh my dad was just a nasty vicious horrible man, but in the 50s there were no social services like there is now, neighbours were good they protected me, when i were in their houses he would never dare to come for me but God help me when i got home, my Mother was not very strong either she had TB and she died when i was 13, and i was instantly took out of the house to live with Grandparents, anyhow he died last year and i can say i never spoke to him from the day i moved in 1957 until he died, had a god education trained as a nurse have had a good life, got married had kids, but it was my Grandad who had all the fuss, who gave me away when i got married, stayed at my house, came on holiday with us and was loved ubtil the day he died in 1979, and is still loved and missed. I always vowed never to hit my kids and i never have and they have grown up smashing kids. I just cant believe how people love to hit who they think is weaker than them, notice they never pick onsomebody their own size or bigger, no way.

Comment

Working...
              X