X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where shall we meet?

where is easist for you to get to?

We are very seriously considering our first meet in the summer possibly and we will go to where gets the most votes!

So have your say!

(so far I am winning!! )
    London
    0%
    Manchester
    0%
    Leeds
    0%
    Birmingham
    0%
    Cardiff
    0%
    Edinburgh
    0%
    Southampton
    0%
    Bristol
    0%
    Norwich
    0%
    not forgetting Liverpool!
    0%

I voted for London as I can get cheap accomodation - might be able to fix up cheap accomodation for a block booking wherever we go - I stress the word might. No promises! Have friends in the travel biz.

Birmingham, which would be easier for me - I HATE! Horrible place. (apologies to any Brummies) I avoid it.

Comment

I'm fairly relaxed as to a meeting point and I am happy to go along with the majority. I with Spinkysay in that I am not too keen on Birmingham, but if that is where everybody feels that would be ideal I can go along with that.

I think from memory we have a problem with our friends North of the border and particulary Horsefans who has indicated that it might be a bit difficult on the travelling for them.

So really for me it's just down to a date and time and a nod for the off and that's it.

Hope thats okay with everyone.

Comment

Leeds is quite central (and near to where I am!), it has good transport links all over the country.

Harrogate and York are quite nice too!

Comment

Well obviously I'd prefer Liverpool But thinking of the Scottish members, it might be a bit far to go to London. I quite like Holly's prefernces of York and Harrogate (got a pal in Harrogate, might be able to cadge a bed for the night )

Anyway, somewhere in the 'middle' of Britain would be fine by me.

Misty
          "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Opps, my pal lives in Huddersfield, not Harrogate Flippin' Alzheimers is kicking in I think

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Huddersfield is really close to Leeds (about 15ish minutes on the express train).

Comment

when they are running on time!!!

Comment

I'll go with the flow too - is it my imagination or are most members form up north?

Comment

Originally posted by Beth@Apr 10 2003, 2:00 PM

when they are running on time!!!
                    Quite agree: the Transpennine Express is not the most reliable form of transport!

Can I just say that I think this is a really good and practical Poll and I notice that only 7 members have voted.

Please cast your votes everyone! If the first meet ends up being at the opposite end of the country from you and you didn't vote, then on your head be it!

Comment

Ah, sunny Manchester...

Anybody familiar with Afflecks Palace? Now, there were some proper shops!

But, seriously. Manchester is "sort of" fine too. And, as a bonus, it's on the Transpennine Express!

Comment

I see no reason why April's hubby cant come!

We did talk to him in chat once so we know him!!!

we mustn't forget that it is normally only one person in each house hold who has joined the forum, but it is the whole family who often read the posts!

sufferers of the world unite!!

PS if we go to Manchester there is no way I am going to brannighans!!

not without serveral spirit guides and Derek Acohra!!

Comment

PS if we go to Manchester there is no way I am going to brannighans!!

not without serveral spirit guides and Derek Acohra!!

Beth,

Where is Brannighans and for the uneducated Midlander in me is this place haunted or something.

Spirit guides yeap I can do a bit of that but who is Derek ?

Comment

Scoobs, - Derek Acorah describes himself as a 'medium'. The only way the word medium can be alloted to him is in what size underpants he takes.

in my opinion he's a fake. I have good reasons why I think this too, but this late at night and this forum isn't the place!

Beth - have you been watching 'Britain's Most Haunted' too????!!!

Comment

I am an avid MH watcher!

now dont you be saying bad things about lovely Derek Spinks!!

I guess it helps living in my house to have an open mind!!

Branninghans in Manchester is a bar that used to be a methodist church....methodists being anti alochol...restlest spirits and I dont mean vodka!!

Derek was possessed in there by a nasty bloke (dont say it spinks!!) and it actually freaked me, I had to turn the lounge light on when I was watching!!

Comment

Working...
                              X