X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions............

Well, do you?

My main resolution has been to give up fish, I have been a non meat eater for the last 13 years and have been meaning to stop eating our scaly friends for some time now

in the words of meat loaf....if it's got a face don't eat it!!

I also need to spend more time on my community commitments, I have been slacking off!

last one of course is to advertise this site as much as possible!!!

Comment

Being very weak willed, I never make new year resolutions

in the words of meat loaf....if it's got a face don't eat it!![/b]

Just be careful of those cruel people who draw faces on carrots and turnips

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

ah yes ...like the vegan who was told that corn screamed when it was cut!!

on a serious note.....do you check what is in your foods?

Matthew bought a paper the other day and was given an energy drink with it as a promotion,

it was called Ant

on checking the ingredients..........yes it contained red and black ants!!!

not believing this I then went on a web search, oh the label did not lie!

people all over the world are drinking ants, mmmm yummy!!

Comment

Originally posted by E.Beth@Jan 13 2003, 11:56 AM

on a serious note.....do you check what is in your foods?

Matthew bought a paper the other day and was given an energy drink with it as a promotion,

it was called Ant

on checking the ingredients..........yes it contained red and black ants!!!

not believing this I then went on a web search, oh the label did not lie!

people all over the world are drinking ants, mmmm yummy!!
          Actually Beth, I may just taste that and give it a little 'ole slurp to see what it's like!

Just as well you noticed really, I just thought it was a name thing, not that it really contained said insects, creep-crawly things.............!

Isn't it the Chinese that have ants covered in chocolate as a delicacy?

Anyhow, enough bANTer for now!

Comment

Ants?!!

Yes, I do read what's in food, I think it's really important these days with all those E numbers and GM foods!! And I make sure I never eat or drink anything that contains aspartame (aka nutrasweet), I've read a few horror stories about that stuff!!

Did you know worcester sauce is made with anchovies? And remember cochineal? That's made from crushed beetles.

I actually think a lot of additives in foods contribute to the antisocial behaviour we experience every day from various quarters.

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Mistyeyeddreamer@Jan 13 2003, 10:49 PM

Yes, I do read what's in food, I think it's really important these days with all those E numbers and GM foods!! *And I make sure I never eat or drink anything that contains aspartame (aka nutrasweet), I've read a few horror stories about that stuff!!

I actually think a lot of additives in foods contribute to the antisocial behaviour we experience every day from various quarters. *
              Hi Misty,

I seem to remember reading or hearing something somewhere that aspartame in too large a useage caused cancer-related conditions or something? Was there any truth to that?

It seems that the 'experts' daily change their minds about what's good and bad for us (e.g. too many potatoes/parnsips causes cancer-related problems, etc).

I do know though about the certain food colourings and 'E' numbers - these have been proven to cause allergic hyper-reactions, especially within children.

Comment

Well, Matthew, there is a lot of controversy over aspartame, some people claim it causes cancers and parkinson-like diseases. It's made from wood alcohol, formaldehyde. Interesting to see that Michael J Fox likes his diet coke, could that be connected with his Parkinsons Disease, I wonder? I read that most of the studies done on it were funded by the company that developed it, so they're hardly unbiased. I think the British Diabetic Association should not be recommending it until exhaustive independent studies have been done.

Interesting aside, the FDA in US passed it as safe after lobbying from Donald Rumsfeld, that nice man that sold Saddam Hussein all his chemical weapons! Imagine having him as a neighbour, he would be a REAL neighbour from Hell!!

Misty

Comment

Hi gang!!

Didnt make a new year resolution as I will probably break it by 2nd Jan!!! (bitter experience talking!)

Although ( fanfares) HF2 has not touched a cigarrette for 3 months ( although not strictly a NYR she managed to weather the Christmas/Hogmanay period ciggie free!!)

It is interesting to read all your comments on foodstuffs above. I grew up on a farm and have worked in food retail all my working life.I have seen how peoples 'preferences' have changed over the years from both sides of the spectrum so to speak.

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Wow, well done HF2 I admire your willpower, I really do. As I stated earlier, I'm very weak willed and the nicotine monster has me firmly in its grasp

Misty *cough, cough*

Comment

Working...
                    X