X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like the new website layout?

Hi all,

I've just finished changing the main website pages at the main Neighbours From Hell in Britain website to hopefully make it a little more accessible, etc.

The main change is the menu navigation bar that is now on the top of the page (gives us more room in the width of the pages) and there are some little features added on here and there.

There are 'sub-page' links on each section page, so the main menu top navigation bar is more simplified/easier to access I hope. Some visitors to the site before, were finding the left hand menu slightly confusing, etc.

Anyhow, what do you think? Need feedback please - don't forget the Polls here are anoynmous - besides, I wouldn't be offended at honest opinions anyway!

Thanks.

Sorry about the 'non' opinion but to be honest, for me, it's content, not pretties for this sort of thing - the only thing that does count is accessibility - for the hard of sight and for those who find it difficult to use ordinary mice boards etc - but can't afford the obscene prices charged for 'speciality 'there's no call for it' equipment.

Did you see that thing that was put out about the formal examination of sites for accessibility? Silly really - when so few disabled people can afford the damn computer in the first place - or rather, lacking know-how or manual dexterity they can't afford to be ripped off by cowboys for repair and maintenance. Something I used to do - and am still willing to do if anyone out there is in that position.

That side (accessibility) of it's fine - but to be honest, the looks of a board pass me by as I am too busy reading It's fine for navigation! Alt text for images is important - that, I was told when doing the CI$ Dis forum, is one of the things that maes partially sighted people feel really left out - lack of alt text tags that is - but navigation is easy; adjusting size of fonts and stuff people set up prior to use anyway.

You said something about the old 'manual' graphics being slow to download - never noticed it - or might that be cos I have 1mb cable? I never noticed any partial downloads or errors on page (that oh so irritating little IE icon!) which does appear with an awful lot of sites - I did like the look of that, but obviously if it was giving grief . . . did you find out what the cause was?

ttfn

Tannasg

Comment

Hi Tannasg

Forgotten I'd posted this! Thanks for that - yes, I agree content is by far our most important agenda item for most, otherwise (*shudder*) I'd cover the site in Flash! Only kidding..........

I think you use Netscape you said once? Good thing about NS is it's ability to flip the font sizes up and down, if you try that on our site (deliberate) using IE versions, you can't do it as I've set the font sizes using the CSS applied.

I have to admit, I'm one of the worst for forgetting tags for images, also useful to remember to put in as the Search Engines pick their titles up.

The old NFH Manual script was being run underneath by a PHP Script that was buggy, so I got rid and made the new one up.

OOI: I heard some complaints about the Beeb's websites (absolutely huge) recently, apparentely they are one of the least-accessible set of sites around, considering they must employ a lot of designers with a lot of ££ it's v bad really.

Now I'm feeling geeky...........been trying to use this smilie for ages!

Comment

>>Forgotten I'd posted this! Thanks for that - yes, I agree content is by far our most important agenda item for most, otherwise (*shudder*) I'd cover the site in Flash! Only kidding..........>I think you use Netscape you said once? Good thing about NS is it's ability to flip the font sizes up and down, if you try that on our site (deliberate) using IE versions, you can't do it as I've set the font sizes using the CSS applied.>I have to admit, I'm one of the worst for forgetting tags for images, also useful to remember to put in as the Search Engines pick their titles up.>The old NFH Manual script was being run underneath by a PHP Script that was buggy, so I got rid and made the new one up.>OOI: I heard some complaints about the Beeb's websites (absolutely huge) recently, apparentely they are one of the least-accessible set of sites around, considering they must employ a lot of designers with a lot of ££ it's v bad really

Comment

Working...
        X