X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United we stand!

Hi members

It is very supportive and reassuring to be in contact with members who have suffered, or are suffering from NHF. It makes one feel less isolated and not looking to oneself asking "why are those NHF treating me like this - what have I done to deserve that". To read of others' experiences, which are similar in many ways to ones own situation, it helps to strengthen the will to get on with one's own life and try to block out NFH atrocious behaviour. It is the NFH that are causing the problems, not us.

Being a member now, and in contact with others in similar situations, I am sure I shall not feel so out on a limb which triggers very upsetting feelings and thoughts.

One should look at the NHF for the cause and reason, not ourselves. I am sure there are other wildlife, environment and bird lovers amongst other members ... which is another topic that stimulates the NFH to victimize me because my birdfeeders are 'attracting vermin' with the birdsong and bird droppings!

I look forward to keeping in touch.

You'll find that nfh such as the despicable ones you have will take umbrage with whatever you do... feed the birds... don't feed the birds... plant some shrubs... yawn in your own garden ..

They are the ones with the problem, and it clearly weighs so heavily on them that they try to transpose it onto the nearest victim. Pity the poor wretches.

You get any nice rare birds? We had a wood shrike not long ago.

G.

Comment

Hi Angelica,

Some people are so far removed from nature that anything that isn't human is obviously vermin to them. All I can say is what sad people they are and how boring their little self contained lives must be.

I love watching the birds, mostly sparrows and T*ts, the occasional wren and finch, but wouldn't it be a miserable place without them? Your neighbours should be grateful that you are encouraging our little feathered friends to visit. There's nothing more beautiful or soothing when you're down than birdsong. I'm so grateful to them for brightening my day on this awful estate which I'd leave at the drop of a hat if I had the wherewithal.

Unless you are attracting a few hundred pigeons I can't see the problem. We seem to get flocks of starlings at a certain time every day, they stay a few minutes then fly on, nobody is attracting them, they go where they like, they are free spirits. It is unsurprising that NFH who cannot live in peace with their fellow humans will be just as tyrannical about other creatures.

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi Angelica,

It's great to know people feel supported and 'bolstered' by other members on the board, it's what we're all ultimately about, to help each other through the bad times with NFH and to offer support, encouragement and help when we've hopefully got the NFH-less times!

You're right, the problem lays with each respective NFH and their closed-off, blinkered little worlds where they quite literally "don't give a damn" about their neighbours and the repercussions/results of their selfish actions.

Comment

Just wanted to say how great it is that members are supporting each other!!

It is not just a case of people posting only in their own topic/story, but being there for each other.

it is fantastic seeing older members supporting the newer and the newer members posting their support for some of the board veterans!!

just proving again that this one of the friendlist boards around!

please keep up the support for each other!

Comment

Seconded!

Well Said - this board is amazing in it's support, nice one everyone!

Comment

Absolutely agree!!!

Just to re-iterate what the others have said. In a situation like this it wouldnt matter what you did it would be 'wrong'

My advice!! Ignore it. Its your garden you can do absolutely what you want in it ( within reason of course!!).

I know this is easy to say but be strong!

Dont give them anything to latch onto

Horsefans

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

With some folks like me working from home, you get minimal interaction with others outside, so this board is a life saver to share problems and experiences. Not just a united community at work here, but real friendship and support in times of diversity.

Truly wonderful

~ Peter J

Comment

Working...
                X