This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children/Young People

Just been thinking really, in discussion with Beth, about the membership of our forum group and it seems to me that it's people of all ages that are victims of NFH - we are all very aware of that here.

You don't have to be an older person, a young person or middle-aged to be affected by NFH; we all know that you can come from any age-group, any background, any location, any gender, any race, etc to suffer with NFH problems.

Have we any young people/children (if they're under 13, they need to get posting permission from parents first) that are either connected with their (member) parents here or would like to become members in their own right?

They are affected too, as they have to live with NFH next-door or in their community - it would be great to get their ideas and views/opinions on things..........please encourage them to come and share them with us if you can

A very good idea for us to get youngster's opinions. Some go through hell with NFH and their kids and it would be nice if we could give them some support.

I think parents suffer twice, firstly they have the NFH and secondly they feel.....well, guilty that they cannot protect their kids. I went through it when my kids were being bullied by the local yobs. That is in no way taking anything away from the kids suffering.

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Excellent idea, i have a five year old and although she is unable to type! She can tell her older brothers how she feels, she is waiting to go for coucilling due to our NFH!

How sad they have already affected her, she was only 1 when the NFH moved in and has never had the real benefits of having a house with a garden to play in due to NFH!

Tracy

Comment

Spoke to the kids about this but they didnt want to reply on a "boring grown ups web site" ( that was me told!! eh)

Any way whwn talking to them it actually brought it home how they dont perceive a problem at all. If anything they just laugh at our NFH!!

It is us the "grown ups" who get worked up about issues.

It got me thinking how totally adaptable children are to the situations they face and how they take it in their stride!! Also in the summertime when the kids are out playing I know my boys take no c**p from the brat next door!! He has been sent packing a couple of times when he has started his nonsense!! They then continue as if nothing has happened.

What a brilliant outlook.Perhaps one I will start to adopt. Never know where it might lead!!!

welcome anyones thoughts on this!!

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

It's good to hear that your kids are taking it all in their stride, horsefans You're right, kids can be very resilient. I think you're also right that its us 'grown'ups' who take it all so badly, but I think it's because we feel we have to protect our kids. I know when I was a kid we had some NFH living next door and it did seem to affect my parents more than it did us kids. Mind you, we were there cheering when we saw the removal van when the NFH left

Misty
          "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by horsefans@Dec 21 2002, 10:21 AM

Spoke to the kids about this but they didnt want to reply on a "boring grown ups web site" ( that was me told!!* eh)

Any way whwn talking to them it actually brought it home how they dont perceive a problem at all. If anything they just laugh at our NFH!!

It is us the "grown ups" who get worked up about issues.
            I'm glad they let it wash over them, good for them

Tell them we are far from boring!!

In fact, bring them over to the keyboard to say "hi" and we will all say "hi" back again!

It's great Kids are so adaptable and can deal with things in their own positive ways - I bet they support you a lot through the way they deal with it and shrug the NFH off - good for them!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy@Dec 18 2002, 9:04 AM

Excellent idea, i have a five year old and although she is unable to type! She can tell her older brothers how she feels, she is waiting to go for coucilling due to our NFH!

How sad they have already affected her, she was only 1 when the NFH moved in and has never had the real benefits of having a house with a garden to play in due to NFH!

Tracy
              Tracy,

It's so disheartening to hear a 5 year old already affected by NFH - but also refreshing to hear that she's getting some help already to help her deal with it/express herself - before it gets to be an issue/problem for her.

Rotten NFH, not only do they muck up everything, they get in your head too.

Comment

Working...
              X