This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear it had to come sooner or later

Yesterday I was feeling a little down, my house is not selling quickly and I've just come out of a rather stormy relationship, so feeling a bit tender.

Minding my own business watching TV - Next door's NFH brats posted a letter DEMANDING their footballs back as "its our property NOT yours!" and shouting through the letterbox

I'm afraid (and rather ashamed) to admit that did it - burst into tears, cried all night - I know it was nothing to cry about, but think I might have gotten through last night if that hadnt just done it.

Wake up this morning looking terrible (girls, you know the thing) - boy those NFH seem to have internal clocks set just right don't they?

Sorry, had to get it off my chest, am feeliing a little better, will go out, get a capuccino and donut

Thanks

T

Sorry to hear that GordyTig.

However try and record these incidences if you can with a tape or camcorder. Its all evidence.

Our NFH had a spate of balls landing in our garden. We're pretty sure they wanted us NOT to return them so they could then add this to their list of items they could use to slate us off.

However we just simply returned them, always. Even at the height of the provocation.

Is there any reason why you couldn't immediately return them?
    Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

Morning

Sorry to hear that you had a bad night. If you are feeling down, then something like that letter through your door was bound to be a trigger to release emotions.

I would be inclined to follow Badger's advice and write back to the nfh saying that you will return the ball/s, but put conditions on their return...and that if they end up in your property again you will not return them.

I know it is really difficult when things happen one after the other, you're trying to cope with one set of circumstances and then life throws something else at you, and you feel like you're never going to get through it. But you will.

Think about writing back to the nfh and let us know how you get on. We'll be thinking of you.

Hope you enjoyed your donut!

Comment

I did consider writing a letter, but then it occurred to me that this was probably not instigated by the children at all - something about the language of the letter pointed to adult direction.

Will put the footballs back this morning - but the last time I returned a toy, it appeared over the fence again the next day. Can't win I guess, have recorded date and time etc. but will only be of use if I go legal at some point, which I'm hoping to not have to do.

Is mad, one of the kids (on the other side of NFH) - his mother is headteacher of the local school - sure she would be very displeased to hear of her son's downward turn in behaviour, but am thinking that if approached it might worsen the situation further.

Sigh, very low again, but thanks for your support.

Comment

Just a thought...ok a wicked one!!....give the balls slow puncture, you know the type, a hole made by a drawing pin..

when you give it back it is still nice a round and after afew more times of them kicking it it goes flat!!

might make you feel a bit better!!!LOL

sorry you have had a rough night, they are are rude little people and not worth your time, I hope the do-nut helped!!

Comment

Thanks guys, if all was OK (secure job, healthy relationship, generally good state of mind!!) I would be fighting back with a vengeance and it would probably have already precipitated a letter from a solicitor. But that isnt the case, so guess just licking wounds and retrenching till sale.

Thanks again everyone, you're all my links to sanity!

Comment

Hi gordytig,

Sorry I came late to this thread and sorry to hear how low you felt. It's amazing, isn't it how brats can affect you? At least with adults you can have a row, but kids just really get to you!!!!

I see Beth and I have the same devious minds I was thinking the same thing, about the slow puncture. It has to be slow so they don't realise it was you that did it It's a pity you don't have a ball-loving dog like my sister. She warns all the kids that if they are stupid enough to let the ball go into her garden they can only expect to get it back in bits after her dog has finished with it. After the first couple of times they found somewhere else to play.

Of course if/when you give them their balls back they'll think they've won! But you can have a quiet little smirk to yourself knowing that within a few minutes their balls will be deflated A small victory, some might say small minded, but they're the ones who've never had to put up with it. Go for it, you know you want to

Misty
              "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Actually, thinking about it, this seems remarkably similar to the incident I had with the daughter from hell.

Rowing with kids will never work. Ignoring them will. They clearly want a reaction and if you're not supplying it they'll just get bored and go away.

Again, patience and non-response are the key.

Have a look at my Stupid Neighbours thread.

If you do go for the drawing pins option though, make sure you put the puncture in the valve area. That way they won't be able to see that you put a hole in it and think its something to do with the valve.

Remember these people are stupid, I mean mind bogglingly stupid... but I've covered that ground before.
                Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

No shame to cry through the night, I've cried in frustration recently, I guess most of us on these boards have at some point.

You mention you probably would have dealt with it better if you had a "secure job, healthy relationship and a generally good state of mind". I have all of those (touch wood) and my NFH problems still reduces me to tears anger and frustration.

It goes back to something Matthew said in another thread - it's because these problems are happening in and our homes which should be a place of refuge from the world. That's why it gets to the very core of us.

My advice is to try and lose yourself in something and give yourself a treat while you do it. Whatever is your bag, a favourite film with a bottle of chilled, going into town/somewhere good locally with a friend, book, theatre, local comedy venue, whatever. Preferably out of the house.

I've found exercising makes me feel better. I do mine in the privacy of my own home though. An exercise bike with your favourite music on the headphones is a good way to get out of yourself, if just for a little while, and actually does make you feel stronger mentally. I recommend that to anyone.

Something I used to do was to play a favourite computer game, put a CD on and get lost in that.

I have to keep leading myself away from thinking about my NFH, as the injustice of it all keeps replaying in my head, that's why I go for blocking out tactics.

Maybe it could work for you (and others on here) too???

Spinks

Comment

Something I used to do was to play a favourite computer game, put a CD on and get lost in that.[/b]

This usually works for me too, a great way to get lost in doing something completely engrossing and useless!

Comment

Nuke em!

sorry!- just the mood im in tonight!-will post something more constructive soon

had a bad day

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Hi Gordytjg,

I have come to this posting a bit late suffering from the effects of a heavy cold and sore throat, generally feeling piggin awful.

But I agree with everyone else, it does do you good to have a good cry and the thing is that when you are feeling particulary vulnerable anything minor can very often just tip the balance.

Given that your relationship has just ended, you are in the process of moving home and you are dealing with NFH I'm not surprised that you are feeling pretty raw.

Selling a property is the second most stressful thing you can do after dealing with a relationship ending/divorce/death.

So it's okay with me if you want to get mad we will listen and support you through it and hopefully bring you out to a better ending at the end of the tunnel.

Give yourself some TLC time and just be kind to yourself, your heart and mind.

Comment

Gordy, Big {{{{Hug}}} for you

I hate Footballs sooooooo much, but I like your idea April I will give that a go for sure, that little bit of vengence will make me feel a whole lot better, and I am sure you will feel better Gordy..

While we are on the subject, I have been told that if you keep the ball you can be done for theft, how stupid is that, the ball shouldn't be on your property in the 1st place
                          http://www.dawnie.interwebs.co.uk/Heart1.gif

Comment

Hi Gordytig,

Know how you feel about selling the house, when we put ours on the market at the end of January houses were selling like hotcakes round here so we were keen to move out.

Every time a viewer was due we sweated in case the neighbours put on their occasional loud music! Miracles happened and they kept quiet, within 2 weeks we had sold the house......

Two weeks later their buyer had dropped out cos he'd lost his buyer so we had to get viewers again..... sweat....... sold after 2 days. Two weeks later they dropped out as they couldn't get a mortgage(!!!) so back on the market, more viewers... sweat. In one day we had sold again and now we are waiting for them to catch up with us, we thought we would loose our new house and still feel anxious about the whole thing.

So my advice is to hang on in there, bite the bullet, try not to get involved too deeply with these mutants and you will eventually get a new home and a new relationship I don't doubt. Good luck

Comment

If I can't sell soon, savings will run out and Plan B will have to come in (renting out to tenants) - my problem here is that I don't know how I stand legally if the tenant has problems with NFH, also would feel guilty asking someone else to pay to live next door to that psycho. Where do I stand with this? If the tenant has disputes, do I have to declare if I put the house back on the market in the future?

Comment

Working...
                              X