This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried

I was thinking of the new laws so called that come into force in april, would it be possible for me to take the Housing Association to court over the problem family at the back, remember they have driven us out of our home, and if i do not get a decent price for this house will i be able to claim that money from them, would love to do it seeing that they could not care less.

Forgot to tell you all, the druggy teenagers now cant even be bothered to go upstairs to the toilet no they come out the back and pee against the wall, i mean millions of terraced housing were demolished because they are unfit for human beings but now this, also one of the sub humans has got one of those noisy untaxed, uninsured motor bikes and drives about and then brings it into the NFHs driveway to have good revs up.

More protection i think on taking action on these ingrates, so get them quietly Sombrueil, good luck

Comment

Sombrueil,

The laws that you are refering to come into effect in April and that is the Anti Social Behaviour Order which is already in existence but should process through the courts more quickly and without the need for a long drawn out process of collecting information.

You could try to go for the 1997 Harrassment Act, which only needs two incidences of threatening behaviour - likely to cause distress, alarm or upset.

As regards to the devaluation of your property, well, this is a long winded and technical one for the solicitors. If you can prove beyond reasonable doubt that your property has devalued as the direct result of your neighbours activities and you have exhausted all your legal channels with the housing association to put right the situation and for the HA to serve notice upon the perpetrators, then you may have a cause for redress. This happened last year and was in the Daily Mail, how one couple sued their neighbours because their property had devalued by £30k. They took them to court and won. However, the law is very grey and unless you have an overwhelming amount of evidence you could find this a hard one. However, if you could speak with your solicitor about it, then you may be in with a good chance. I don't know what the costs would be for you if you did this, you would need to get a ball park figure of what the costs are likely to be.

About the untaxed motor bikes, do you have the registration numbers of this. Have you contacted the police and told them ? I know they are not the most proactive at times of neighbour disputes but they do like getting the motorist, so you could report this to them. Also if the baffles on the bikes exhaust system has been specifically drilled out to make them sound louder then that is an offence too. You may have tried the police route but I would perservere with them on this point. No tax means no MOT, means no insurance.

Comment

About the untaxed motor bikes, do you have the registration numbers of this. Have you contacted the police and told them ? I know they are not the most proactive at times of neighbour disputes but they do like getting the motorist, so you could report this to them. Also if the baffles on the bikes exhaust system has been specifically drilled out to make them sound louder then that is an offence too. You may have tried the police route but I would perservere with them on this point. No tax means no MOT, means no insurance.

Again, its a waste of time contacting the police. They will just say contact the DVLA. Brilliant eh?

However if you anonymously supply the following:

Make and colour of vehicle

Registration number

Who owns the vehicle and owners address

...and send it to your local DVLA office they WILL investigate. In fact send all the details to ALL your local DVLA offices. That should give the owners a wake up call.
        Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

Guess what happened today, one of my neighbours told me, yes the Mother had the older lad outside with a hosepipe in the back garden, so they must have had complaints about them urinating outside, and we have never once seen them in about 18 months even get a brush to clean their rubbish up, wonder if the HA is telling them to clean up their act, a couple of kids have again not been to school either, never go to school.

Comment

Sombruiel,

It certainly is an interesting concept and I am quite sure that in our modern litigatious society it certainly will be more and more common.

HF's

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Working...
            X