X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holly's Noise Decision

Just to update you all.

The nfh has carried on with his noise...you know, that constant feeling of dread when the weekend comes, that repetitive bass beat, stair running, screaming banshees etc.?

We have now decided to just let the EHO's run with it. I have spoken to them today and they are going out to see nfh tomorrow (or leave calling card). The EHO's here have been more than helpful and have outlined the whole procedure to me (the one they operate anyway):

First visit/ calling card - this usually results in one of two outcomes (i) nfh calls to deny everyting or (ii) nfh doesn't respond because he thinks he's above everything.

Followed by first warning letter - (we then carry on recording, if music/ noise repeated -

Final written warning - (we then carry on recording, if music/ noise repeated -

Choice of either

(i) Black box recorder installed, or

(ii) We're provided with 24 hour call out number

(this should then prove the noise - Abatement Notice served

If noise continues, they go in with Police and remove things making the noise (stereo, nfh (?!)...)

An offence has then been committed and we all go to Court - he will end up with a criminal conviction.

I hope it doesn't get that far, but the damage has already been done. I can't stand him, any neighbourly relationship broke down some time ago as a result of his arrogance. He has made a nuisance of himself to all the people living nearby, but the noise only affects us as we are the only house connected to him.

We will just have to wait to see how he takes it. I don't imagine he will take it easily and can see a weekend from hell coming up - just as well I've stocked up on ear plugs and wine then!

I hope it is the right decision. If it doesn't work, I think we'll employ the HF's to come down and do one of their specials!

good for you Holly,

get the proof you need, they cant deny it if it is on tape, if you get the box, remember to have normal background noise going on...tv on quietly for example and record for a good few minutes not just seconds, this is where we fell down the first time.

dont get anxious please, try to just carry on as normal.

if the perverbeal hits the fan then deal with it when the time comes, dont worry about that bridge before you get to it!

good luck and you know where we are.

xxx

Comment

Hi Holly

Thanks for the update, looks like your EHO are doing OK for you, hope it continues to be positive, etc.

I'm guessing your NFH will either go deadly quiet after his warning, at least for a week or so (he may cotton on to the fact that you may be recording it as our NFH did) or like you say, all hell will break loose. Be positive in the knowledge, if all does go mad, he's shooting himself ultimately in the foot and giving you evidence more easily.

Can you not use both the 24hr call out and the box for recording? Our LA said that even after recording evidence they would have to come and witness the noise nuisance in person too.

Keep us updated and come on the board if it gets particularly bad over the weekend, you can always vent here!

Comment

Thank you all, as always, for your support. It is such a useful resource being able to come to this site.

As I write, the nfh is doing his new favourite hobby - running up and down the stairs (perhaps its a keep fit regime?).

Yes, EHO in my area are very good. I have to call on them sometimes with my work, as do other partner agencies (who are sometimes working with them jointly on properties they are acting as landlord for) and everyone has nothing but praise for them.

We hope that the nfh has his music on tomorrow so that he can't hear the EHO knocking at the door (but where the EHO can fully hear the music) - now that would be amusing!

We are intending to be as quiet as mice - and of course will not rush out slapping a "private parking" notice on any car that parks at ours tomorrow (as likely to be EHO, who would probably just think that we were busybodies).

I went to London last week and found a fabulous postcard - I want the name and picure for my avatar...Neighbourhood Witch... I felt that it summed me up at the moment and was going to blow it up and put it in my car window (which backs on to nfh's lounge).

I will keep you all updated. Thanks again.

Comment

Its always amusing to me hear about other folks NFHs who exihibit the same behaviour as my previous ones. The bit thats tickled me is Holly saying her NFH running up and down the stairs. Our old ones did this too, I couldn't understand why....... who would need to go up and down so many times and stamp on every step too.

I think they all had the 'How to be a NFH' book..... they're all too thick to come up with it themselves

Comment

Not another lot running up and down the stairs - you're right Eckie, they really must have a manual.

Comment

Originally posted by spinkysay@Mar 4 2003, 11:49 PM

Not another lot running up and down the stairs - you're right Eckie, they really must have a manual.
              What an excellent idea for the Humour Section Spinky!

I'll have to start a new thread on this one.............!

Comment

Yes, what is it about the stairs? He comes in (front door slams), runs up the stairs...thud, thud, thud (the beat changes when he does the two steps at a time routine), is upstairs for about 30 seconds, runs back down, thud, thud, thud...about a minute downstairs, then back up again, thud, thud, thud....

We sit there just asking ourselves, "What is he doing?". Yes, sure enough, when i come home i go up to use the loo, then i walk down the stairs and sit there for a good few hours having tea and watching TV (with waiting hand on the remote to turn it up when nfh's music comes on).

Anyway, today's the day. I have faxed another six pages of noise nuisance to the EHO and he is going round to see the nfh at some point late afternoon/ early evening.

Another item for the nfh manual:

Don't bother buying home gym equipment, your stairs are just as good and no extra cost - just go up and down them all evening, a great calorie burner!

Comment

I'd rather jump up and down on the NFH....... that would burn off some calories and adrenalin......... just joking of course because we're all peaceloving and law abiding citizens here!

Comment

and why is it that the stairs always creak and squeak????????

I am sure mine are not that squeaky!!

let us know if you ever hear them counting at the same time

one and two and three

one and two and three

work it out now!!!

Comment

There was no step aerobics last night after 7pm.

In fact, there was no nfh....hmmm...

My partner saw him drive off at about 5pm talking on his mobile. He returned about an hour later, followed by his ex. They left after an hour and didn't return.

I think we would make excellent surveillance officers! But seriously, last night we were watching out as we were waiting for something to happen after the EHO visit. All we can think is that the EHO left calling card.

At least we got a good nights sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by Aquarius@Mar 6 2003, 7:41 PM

When we had the equipment in NFH's dog was so quiet that we were beginning to think they had got rid of it. We didn't even hear it in the garden.
                        Aquarius,

It just goes to show and prove that they can control and make their dog behave and keep the peace eh? What a shame they'll only behave responsibly when they have to!

Comment

Originally posted by hollygolightly@Mar 6 2003, 1:42 PM

There was no step aerobics last night after 7pm.

In fact, there was no nfh....hmmm...

My partner saw him drive off at about 5pm talking on his mobile. He returned about an hour later, followed by his ex. They left after an hour and didn't return.

I think we would make excellent surveillance officers! But seriously, last night we were watching out as we were waiting for something to happen after the EHO visit. All we can think is that the EHO left calling card.

At least we got a good nights sleep!
                          Excellent Holly!

I hope this reign of peace continues for you - even if it's to get a little respite and energy back, that'll be a short term boost!

Good luck with the ongoing EHO things - are they keeping you updated or do you have to pester them? When we used our EHO, we could e-mail one of the officer's which was very handy.

Comment

NFH not at home again last night! Although he did return at 3pm to wash his car and then left. Suits me!

It sounds like he is running scared[/b]

It amazes me how scared he is. When i've talked to him on his own he has apologised and is as nice as pie, get him with a mate and he's completely different. I don't think he can hack it that a female is not standing for his behaviour.

I think he's been molly-coddled all his life by his mother and his many girlfriends (who probably all think he's God's gift - including himself) and has had his way with everything. Not any more.

The EHO said that he would let us know how things went by writing a letter to us. I could e-mail them or ring to get an update I suppose, but I am just going to wait for them to contact me. If they don't by the end of next week, then I shall start pestering them.

By the way, the parking problem is solved. How? Remember a while ago I posted in ranter's Corner saying he had thrown a wobbly and said we were petty by "blocking in his guest" (who had parked in our space)? I think what actually happened was that he then realised I was serious. Not one car has been parked in our space since then.

Assertiveness works!

Comment

Holly,

I was interested in what you wrote in Lorraine's thread.

In our Council, we have Social Services Information Points - if you were in this area, I would strongly advise you to contact them (in writing - keep copies) outlining your fears (for your safety, this persons children's safety - and their own).

As you've probably read in my Stupid Neighbours thread, our NFHs are, unbelievably, foster parents.

There's the possibility this summer of the NFH harassing our son and other children while they play in the garden. Whilst we aren't really that bothered anymore by him harassing us, he tries desperately to keep a low profile anyway, if our son is affected or any of his little mates, then the gloves are off.

Would this Social Services Information Point setup be any use do you think? Particularly as they're foster parents. I don't think Social Services would take very kindly to foster parents harrasing other children.
                              Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X