This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barking dogs

Anyone out there with the same problem??

hi hippie, welcome to the group!!

I guess you have a problem with dogs!!

Alot of us have been there, we used to have a howler next dog, his record was seven hours non stop!!

if this is the problem you first need to try and approach your neighbour and explain the problem,

if that is a no go you can contact the local dog warden for advice,

start a log of when the howling/barking is happening. this is then a record you may need to ask the council for offical log forms.

that is about it for starters!

please let us know a little more of your situation so we can try and give you the right sort of advice!!

Comment

Sound advice from Beth (no pun intended!) - so I won't double it.

Only to say:

Welcome to the Board Hippie!

- glad you made it to us, good to have you here!

Comment

Hi hippie glad to have you with us , we have a dog in the garden next to us its a bit of a howler too probably because its out there all the time even in this bad frosts we have had , not at night time but most of the day.

anyway i remember someone speaking about a dog whistle when they start barking could be worth a try if all else fails

the horsefans

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Hi Hippie,

Nice to see you. I did a google search and found a thing called a BarkBuster, but unfortunately it costs about £117 A bit too expensive to shut up a neighbour's dog, I think. Unless you send the bill to the neighbour

Misty
          "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi Hippie/ Hi Misty

perhaps a gun would be a cheaper option!!

Comment

Hi.

Pity I didn't see this site a few hours ago before I sent the last letter. (I picked the site up from uk.legal).

My story probably isn't that disimilar to most others. For well over two years this next-door dog has been barking (a very piercing bark). I must confess that it has improved. But it is still very annoying and distracting (I work from home).

I put the following letter through their door several hours ago: Letter to neighbour

I have tried not to be too confrontational, but helpful and positive, also making my position absolutely clear.

As I am away over Christmas, I shall not see any responses until I get back.

Happy Christmas all.

Iain

Comment

well done iain, dont let them get away with it .

glad to see you on the site,anyway we have a dog problem to maybe you have read it on some of our postings

the nfhs dog is out most of the day ours is more a howler than a barker!! but i know that even this can drive me nuts when it goes on for a long time

there is lots of good advice on the site keep us posted on your story.

the horsefans

Comment

Hi,

Just before I go away. The dog started barking a few minutes ago. I got out my video camera and pretended to be videoing the dog. The neighbour's wife came out, started trying to get the dog to stop (not very successful) and saw me. "What are you doing? F****ing b******d!" she said.

I have now made clear my point to them, I hope. She did not seem very happy!

Iain

Comment

I forgot to add that I am on the first floor and have a very good view of nearly all of their garden.

Iain

Comment

Thanks for the wellcome all you good people out there. Nice to know Im not the only one ! ( you know what Imean , I wouldnt wish it on anyone !!) Thanks horsfans , the whistle is worth a try , but I wont shoot the poor mutt yet, or the dog!!!

hippie

Comment

Originally posted by Iain@Dec 24 2002, 6:52 AM

Hi.

Pity I didn't see this site a few hours ago before I sent the last letter. *(I picked the site up from uk.legal).

My story probably isn't that disimilar to most others. *For well over two years this next-door dog has been barking (a very piercing bark). *I must confess that it has improved. *But it is still very annoying and distracting (I work from home). *

I put the following letter through their door several hours ago: Letter to neighbour

I have tried not to be too confrontational, but helpful and positive, also making my position absolutely clear. *

As I am away over Christmas, I shall not see any responses until I get back.

Happy Christmas all.

Iain
                        Hello Iain

A quick welcome to the site, glad to have you here I'm glad too that you picked up my posting to uk.legal and found us.

We have lived with an NFH's dog barking/howling - it is very distressing and unbelievably awful to live with, I am at total sympathy with you.

Anyhow, just off out to Sainsbury's (last minute bits) and will have a proper look at your letter and info etc when I get back.

Just wanted to say Welcome!

Comment

Well, so far, so good. Hardly anything of note to date.

I think that the dog has its owners wrapped around its little paw! It seems that it now spends most of its time indoors and virtually nothing has come through the walls either. Maybe, with keeping it indoors, they also are fed up with its barking.

Time will only tell.

Iain

Comment

sounds very hopeful Iain!!

hope it remains peaceful for you, please keep us updated, it is always good to hear of some one who is winning!!

Comment

Hi Iain,

Silence is golden..!!

What a feeling of relief the silence must be for you. I hope it is as direct result of your action or the synic in me would say that it is probably becuase it is cold outside.

"our" dog has disappeared to! Probably because we are in the grip of -10C frosts up here at the moment.Mind you the NFH might have eaten it??

E.Beth, you burning the midnight oil again!!

Comment

Working...
                              X