X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My poor Car.

Hi All,

Well i am not very happy today as i have just had to pay £65. for a new wing mirror!

Why because some charming young man decided it would look better on the floor rather then attatched to my car!

I wouldn't mind but this is about the 5th one this year i have had to replace.

The last one the culprit was caught as we had it on CCTV. He was cautioned and told to pay for the damage,that was in April.

Now i am waiting for the police to try and identify this nice young man from my CCTV.

Easy i hear you say as it is a neighbour!

What i forgot to say is i live next door to a Army Camp! 1 man out of 600, doesn't look easy to me!

So now i have one family of NFH one side and 600 odd on the other side.

Tracy

Tracy, sorry to hear about your car. Hopefully (I use that word a lot) the police will identify the culprit. If it is a soldier, I'm sure he'll be dealt with a lot more severly than any civvie would be.

Wanton vandalism is so soul destroying to the victim and the vandal thinks it's a hoot. Grrr, I wish we were allowed to mete out the punishment!! Birching sounds good to me

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Awwww Tracy!

That's bad news, sorry to read that. I hope you catch whatever toe-rag is responsible, although I know where I'd place my bet! BTW: Are your NFH aware of your CCTV system, or if they are, do they think it's a dummy/fake? (Is the system hidden from view or is it obviously in sight to deter people?).

It's so darn annoying, pointless-vandalism like that, it's not only costly, but it's time-consuming. It's not even worth claiming on the insurance unless it's a big whacking amount, you just end up paying it back three times worse when you lose your NCB and the premium goes up.

I've had enough hassle with car's lately, hope I don't get anymore and I hope you don't either!

Comment

Well police have now picked up the video but don't hold out much hope, they too agreed it was a soldier!

But which one!

Matthew yes NFH do know that we have cameras and they don't care because they are getting the kids of the family to do all the damage and verbal abuse, and as we all know if they are under 10 then they get away with it. One of the boys must be coming upto 10 years old as he now gets his younger brother to do everything.

I feel so sad when i think about all my grief as it is a 9 year old and a 5 year old causing it.

Tracy

Comment

It is so ******* annoying when it's kids that do the damage. Why can't the parents be held responsble for the vandalism of under 10's? If they were I can guarantee vandalism would be cut by half, if not more

Tracy, if the police are sure its a soldier I suggest you still contact the CO of the camp and tell him. Perhaps he'll warn off any other would be vandals.

Misty
          "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi Tracy

Absolutely unbelievable!!

I'm sitting here shaking my head. It makes me absloutely mad! that these morons think that by getting children to do their dirtywork that it will get them off the hook!!!!

What sort of upbringing is this for any child!!!!!!!

Sorry i'm off for a stiff drink!!!!!

ps. in our bitter experience I wouldnt hold your breath for a solution from the police.

The Horsefan1

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

eh...

no offence to Mark & Caroline of course

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

No offence taken Horsefans.

This is a terrible situation to be in. Much like our it looks to be a no win scenario. These people are bred this way and no amount of punishment, if it could be dished out would stop it. There is always someone else willing to blight your life again.

The only hope is that the system starts to recognise the effect on victims and treats them accordingly. It is and until it has changed only protects the offender or potential/suspected offender.

It makes me mad when you get people who habitually offend but have never been convicted. When you do get them to court we can't present the 100 or so times we have dealings with them which have not led to crminal proceedings.

Maybe when the licencing laws change we may all see a change in the alcohol related NFH.

Best of luck with the rest of xmas

Comment

Working...
                X