This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chest of Drawers update

It is week 1 of chest of drawers watch and.....................

Nothing to report!! It hasn't moved.!!

Apparently a bird landed on it but thats it!!

Will keep you posted. I know how you must not be able to sleep wondering for the next instalment !!

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

LOL. If it's still there by Christmas, will you be giving it a present?

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Aquarius@Dec 8 2002, 10:16 PM

Horsefans,

It is lying there alone, cold, lonely, practically begging to be decorated or taken in with maybe a warm cup of polish. Have you no heart? Have you no chest of drawers sensitivity? Shame on you! Just for one minute, put yourself in its situation - slung out of a window, possibly injured, bleeding, for God's sake put it out of its misery!
      [email protected]!!!!!

And I thought I was doolally.....!

But, a serious point....Horsefans one and two.......I am reporting you to the:

"RSSFPDAF"

(Royal Scottish Society For the Protection of Damaged and Abused Furniture)

(Oh, and their 'Thrown and Discarded Department' will be the first to hear!)

So there!

Comment

Well I have decided that it needs a name - poor liddle fing!

How about Chester?

Chester Drawers? LOL!

How is Chester this week guys?

Angela

Comment

Aquarius!! You've hit the nail on the head!! Pity the Turner prize has already been awarded this year However, next year, with all the green mould etc that might have grown on it, it could be a winner!

You could entitle it 'Chest a moment in time'

Misty
          "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Aquarius@Dec 9 2002, 7:54 AM

Horsefans and everyone,

We have all been getting this completely wrong. The obvious has just hit me - it is modern art. Give it a week and you may find an unmade bed next to the chest of drawers or some drawers of a different kind. Tracy Emin should be informed pronto.

Aquarius
            Goodness me, I'd never seen it in this light, but how right you are!!

And it's certainly better than looking at some collection of rusting, and twisted metal (??!!)...............

This sort of thing would go for £ MILLIONS in the Tate Gallery!!!

Comment

Your all so right!!

You would have thought a canny Scotsman would have seen the money making opportunity out of this!!

Modern Art!!!!

Im off to try and nick it!!!

Ill get Laura (Horsefan2) to get the yellow pages and look up art galleries!!....................................... ..............

us

Comment

well the news is nothings change its still there and i know for a fact in another week or so`s time the christmas paper will be joining it that was the case last year anyway!!it sat there till the summer time anyway i know it wont be lonely the 2 buckets cement mixer,2 barrels,toys pieces of wood,cardboard should all help

nevermind it could be worse they could sell up and leave the place looking soooooo bare

the horsefans

Comment

Do you think we should all send it a Christmas Card? LOL!

Imagine lots of cards arriving at NFHs house all addressed to...... the chest of drawers!

Chester Drawers c/o The front garden etc

Bet they still wouldnt get the hint!

Angela

Comment

Yes, more, more!!

We want drawers, we want drawers!

How is old woody thesedays?

Comment

you mean chester!!!

hope he hasnt caught a chesty cough in this weather!!

boom boom!!!

Comment

Undercover mission has discovered that Chesty/ woody is still in situ!!

Now been joined by the abandoned Christmas toy boxes.

Difficult to see under the snow/frost but im fairly certain that snowmen arent rectangular in shape!!

Comment

Poor old woody He'll be cracking up under the cold and getting a chesty cough - certainly not an open and shut case

I think you should pinch it for Nov 5th celebrations 2003 if it's still there!

Comment

It has thawed a wee bit up here in the frozen North and guess what!!

Old Chesty is still there folks!!

Perhaps the tinsel is still up in the window to block out the view of Old Chesty..

A Chest Of Drawers is for life... Not until the next MFI sale!!

tee hee

Comment

come on guys......

it's been over amonth now,

so how is he, has he got through the cold snap in one piece or are his drawers looking a little worse for wear??

I need to know!!

Beth who cant sleep due to lack of concern!!

Comment

Working...
                              X