X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They've gone to the dogs!

Hi folks

We are new to this site and are glad we found it. We have read the messages and in some way are heartened that we are not alone!

Anyway - read on and weep!!........

We bought our semi almost 2 years ago when my job moved us to a different part of the Uk. At first all was well! It was avery quiet street and the neighbours seemed nice! although we didnt see that much of them.

The problems started summer of 2001. "He" lost his job and things started to go downhill. There grass has not been cut since May 2001! you can imagine the state of the garden.

Then the "music" started!! . My wife and I ask each other if we have had to endure the "music marathon" as we have come to term it. This can be at any time but mostly early evening .

Night time comes and we have to brace ourselves for the nightly doorslamming / shouting/ swearing / TV being blared as they are obviously trying unsuccesfully to get their kids to bed!!

This is 7 nights a week 52 weeks a year!!

We have had to endure the nfh's child standing giving us obscene gestures from our front garden!!

During the summer a new suite was delivered but what the rest of the neighbourhood don't see is the old suite dumped out in the "jungle" left to rot!!

Shortly after that a dog was purchased. ! Now their two cats are left to wander the streets and invariably end up in our garden/ greenhouse/ shed/ garage! which all now stink of cats pee!

The dog now lives outside 24/7!! It has no kennel and does nothing but whine and whimper at their back door all night!!! Not only that but where does it do its "business" but in the "jungle". The place now stinks of dogs poop!!

They have now turned their attention to the front garden!! One day a cement mixer arrived!It has sat there for 6 months and filled up with water!

To cap it all today an unwanted/ old piece of furniture was chucked out of a top story window and we now have a book running as to how long it will lie there. Any one want to guestimate (in months!!)

We want to take advantage of the house price boom and sell up but any potential buyer will take one look at "scrapheap challenge " next door and run a mile that is of course if they can hear what they are thinking past the "music"

Anyway , enough of our tale of woe but will keep you all posted

all our best

Horsefans
    "Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

How awful for you. And for the poor dog left outside whineing.

I think a call to the Enviromental health and the RSPCA would be advisable as long as your identity can be kept private. Best to check with them to see if they will act in confidence. All best wishes to you. TTFn Tigger

Comment

Thankyou for your mesages of support.

you are right we are concerned about getting any "authorities" involved because they would view that as an "attack" on them and I am sure we would have to suffer the consequenses(eh?)

PS last night I finally lost my temper and knocked on their door at 11.30pm after we had endured 2hr of TV so loud we could even tell what was being watched.

The result was somewhat surprising!! Very apologetic and instant silence!!

WOO HOO!!

However as I sure you all know one swallow doesnt make a summer!!

Thanks for your support

The horsefans

Ps- thats" Horse" the singer not the animals

PPs - no were not!! we just like her music (if you like Horse youll understand!!)

xx

Thanks again, we are both very heartened by the support

The horsefans
      "Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Hi Horsefans,

Sorry I've only just seen your post. Not much I can add to what the others have said. But it is a hopeful sign that your complaint about the noise had a positive outcome. Let's hope things improve rather than deteriorate. Good luck

Misty
        "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Ring the council cleansing department and tell them you have seen rats as big as badgers in the garden(s) due to all the rubbish....

they should come running to clear it up then.

This worked when we went through the same thing!!

Comment

Working...
          X