This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 'boundary dispute' story

We moved into a 2 year old house in Oct'98. The fence to the east was 200' long and the other side was fields for just 3 months. By the end of Jan we had 3 new houses bordering us.

Things weren't good to begin with as they all were noisy and we had issues over dogs too.(like 1 neighbour left his in the garden whilst he was gone for 7+ hrs a day and she barked and whined all the time)

Anyway, in March 2001 we were going to replace that east fence with a stronger, higher one when we accidently found out that the 15' of bank on the other side was ours (its another long story!! But confirmed by land registry)

So...we informed the neighbours, thru a Solicitor and it all kicked off. We were abused in our own garden, they came round at different times arguing and shouting....but we didnt reciprocate!!

By March 2002 and many hundreds of pounds later we ditched the Solicitor and the neighbours finally decided to get one (up til then they hadn't!)

It's still being disputed by their Solicitor even tho we have supplied the proof in triplicate that that land belongs to this property. The fence was originally erected inside the bank as an easy option by the builders to avoid the trees, bushes and uneven levels.

It's not feasible to replace the fence during late spring and summer because of all the greenery so we haven't done much ... yet!! We hope to go ahead in late autumn but can we just do it without any further reference back to the neighbours?

We have spent far too much money on this already and are loathe to re-appoint another solicitor..

Both of us are medically retired and have even been referred to as 'grey-haired old ********' by those neighbours!! LOL

All we want is a quiet life, a new fence on the correct boundary and no more NOISE!!!!

The above was copied and pasted over from the MSN NFH board.

Since then the neighbours solicitors wrote to us to say they were no longer representing them. Just after we got back from hols in Sept we found out that one NFH had sold up and gone!! BUT...he sold without mentioning the boundary dispute....I smell a rat but can't tell you at the moment for legal reasons. Anyway NFH#1 were once again digging under our fence, and when approached we were threatened with the police.......who turnes up 20 mins later!!! Can't say much more about that either....!!

Anyway.....we are now waiting for a lull in the weather and the surveyor is coming to peg out the new line and the new HUGE fence is going up!! We are going to, once again, force their hand.

Now that all the leaves have gone from the tress and bushes I feel very vunerable whenever I am in the garden, which is often, and I just can't cope with it. My heart starts pounding and I ger all hot and bothered when they too are out.....No way should anyone have to feel like this!!

Also my tumour/cyst on my spine has increased in size....and so has the pain. Its a vicious cirlce as I now need more pain killers to counteract it

Husband is bad too .. his neck is bad and now has sciatica too

But we won't let any of this get to us and will fight the good fight!! Oh....and just for good measure the fireworks are driving us mad!!! I did sign the petition, that was mentioned in a post here.

Anyway, at least the NFH have stopped shouting at us.....we only hear them shouting at each other now LOL
    http://www.nfh.org.uk/images/board_i...die_avatar.jpg

Even if there is a rip in your teddy bear, his love will never fall out.

Hi Indie,

Phew, what a chain of events. Reading between the lines of your post, it certainly sounds like something dodgy may have gone on with the NFH that moved! ('nuff said there! )

I'm angry that your NFH are affecting your health so negatively and I must say you're remarkably 'chipper', regarding the circumstances - I'm glad you can stand up to these selfish inhuman bullies! If they're shouting at each other, maybe they will drain all their energy and leave you alone eh? Maybe they'll shout themselves out permanently?!

I've found that NFH who have serious problems within their own personal relationships (e.g. argue all the time), often would appear to "blame" the people suffering (e.g. the victim) with their NFH behaviour, as the cause of their personal relationship problem. It's almost used as an excuse and to "rid" themselves of the blame that their own failed relationship (with poor communication?) is the victim's fault, not their own (as it obviously must be in 99% of cases).

It never fails to make me angry when people are forced to be fearful of enjoying their own properties in the manner they deserve and with the right they deserve. How dare your NFH come round to your property and abuse you in this way. The sheer bare faced cheek of it.

It's very difficult not to reciprocate, and from past experience, I wish I could have many times - maybe we'd have got rid of them (NFH) earlier.....but I suppose everyone has their own 'boiling' points and to be honest, knowing my luck, if I'd reciprocated angrily to my last NFH, I probably would have given them some "ammunition" to use in retaliation against us. It's hard to stay 'whiter than white' though isn't it?!!

Good luck with the ongoing work!

Matthew

Comment

Hi Indie

I am so sorry to hear about you nfh, Im a new member and I cannot beleive some of the stories Im reading. It makes my problems seem very small compared to what you have to put up with. Ive just moved to a house 2 months ago and we have trouble with noise (music) and parking infront of our driveway, and ive joined to get some advice. We are now thinking of moving next year AGAIN, and it makes me so mad because its cost me a fortune to move here in the first place! These people do not deserve to have good neighbours like us. I wish I hadnt moved because we did have great neighbours where we were, but the house was too small. Best wishes with your fight, I will be thinking of you.

Comment

Originally posted by missimoo@Dec 5 2002, 11:05 AM

Hi Indie

I am so sorry to hear about you nfh, Im a new member and I cannot beleive some of the stories Im reading. It makes my problems seem very small compared to what you have to put up with. *Ive just moved to a house 2 months ago and we have trouble with noise (music) and parking infront of our driveway, and ive joined to get some advice. *We are now thinking of moving next year AGAIN, and it makes me so mad because its cost me a fortune to move here in the first place! *These people do not deserve to have good neighbours like us. *I wish I hadnt moved because we did have great neighbours where we were, but the house was too small. * * * * *Best wishes with your fight, I will be thinking of you.
        Hi Missimoo

Welcome to the NFH Forum Board!

I won't comment on your problem as I've already done that over a Private Message (PM).

As Ang says, never under-estimate your own problem, if it's a problem for you, then it's a problem, full stop.

Everything is relative after all and because each NFH story here is so different (although with common themes, problems, issues, etc) it's impossible to compare them.

Let us know how you get on - hope things go a little smoother soon

Matthew

Comment

Indie: Haven't seen you around late-night for a while, hope all is well

Love your Christmas avatar, I was just tweaking mine yesterday ready to put up as it happens, LOL. Are we Xmas Mad?!

Matthew

Comment

Working...
          X