This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid neighbour to Joke neighbour

Having found this board and relayed to everyone the problem with our NFH under the Stupid Neighbours thread, I see that most success stories seem to relate to either the victims or the NFH moving away. I think now that my story can be classed as a success story where the NFH was dealt with and faced down.

In our case neither has moved away. However my case does seem to be unique in that the NFH was eventually faced down completely. We never rose to any provocation, ignored them most of the time, and certainly never played the NFH at his own game.

In fact the other day I was walking home and the daughter from hell was walking with a friend on the other side where I normally cross .

Before, she’d have yelled “t*at” or “Fishkiller”(see the thread). I just crossed over, like I always do, walked on, totally blanked her and made sure she didn’t put her friend between her and me.

Nothing. Not a word, though she was clearly flustered.

The NFH came out this weekend to discuss his planned conservatory so I could overhear. He’s unfortunately roped in the neighbour on the other side who has confided in us, he doesn’t want anything to do with it, as the NFH will merely be telling him how to do his job. And it’ll probably ruin every weekend for him. Thing is the NFH and his wife can’t stand living with each other so you can see he needs to keep busy. At the height of provocation against us, the NFH and family were united, briefly, in their harassment of us. But as they never got the reaction they wanted and the other neighbours have since sussed the NFH for what he is, they can only whinge between themselves. And of course, they know the truth of the situation.

Any issues with the conservatory we will be raising with our surveyor who will tell us if he should comply with the Party Wall Act. An injunction will be raised if necessary to stop the work.

But it is now at the situation where we have enough evidence to bring a strong case against the NFH if necessary. Equally, being in possession of this means that we now have the upper hand and the NFH, though he tried to bring a malicious prosecution case against us, failed when we pointed out all our evidence.

We can see he’s still seething but he won’t risk annoying us particularly as we now have a young child and will be down on him like a ton of bricks if it affects our son at all.

The DFH is about to fail her one or two GCSE’s at which point the NFH’s family will disintegrate even more.

And the NFH no longer intimidates us in any shape or form.

So, not the usual success story of the NFH moving away but a solution where we have successfully dealt with the NFH using our own tactics and being patient.

We’ll still have issues that he’ll raise every now and again but we feel that using the same technique of calmly dealing with the situation and working to our agenda, not his, we can deal with whatever comes next. Certainly we don’t feel at all intimidated anymore which was clearly what he originally wanted. In fact he's not the fittest of people and does visibly appear to be going downhill fast. I think his life of hate is just consuming him.

Reading other people’s threads though does seem to indicate a pattern of problems that could be dealt with the same way I dealt with mine. The immediate reaction and instinct is to always fight back using NFH tactics, but this is usually exactly what they want.

I do think that with the NFH problem seemingly so commonplace, that a book on the subject may well be worth producing. And with it, have a list of tactics to employ.

Any thoughts?
    Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Well done Rockbank, definitely a feather in your cap, and very disciplined of you (know this isn't easy!) not to give them any ammunition back

They seem to have blown themselves out at the moment and you definitely have the upper hand psychologically. Hope the conservatory work goes smoothly and you don't have to intervene, but let us know how it goes on

Comment

You know Bader I agree with you totally, but the bit about moving well, I guess sometimes it feels that when you move away from NFH - NFH feel they have won the moral high ground and scored a victory over their victim.

It grates and upsets but, the thing is it is sometimes a bitter pill to swallow that NFH gets away with it yet again by using their particular brand of vile behaviour. Sickening as it is, but I have come to the conclusion that, that is just the way it has to be if you want to find some sense of normality.

But well done Rockbank, you have displayed a way that you felt that you would be able to win, sadly as with all NFH's they are different, but use one main tactic - to upset and cause distress. I often think that you cannot apply a universal measure to these people and sometimes rising above it all is the only option open to us all - providing they have not wound us down to such an extent that our chin is bumbling along on the floor that is.

Comment

Thanks for the messages.

Badger. We're looking at 3 years from start of harassment and intimidation to where we are now. My NFH doesn't sound that different to other peoples. Its just I chose to deal with it step by step rather than lash out. Whic is exactly what they want

Matthew. Thanks for that. I'm not leaving this forum anytime soon though. I still feel that I can contribute to this board and I'll post updates on the conservatory works on the "What's your story" board.

Any thoughts on a book?
        Now, these creatures are bringers of death and misery. They will never eat, they will never sleep, and they will never stop.

We are part of an ancient secret society. For three thousand years we have guarded the Cities and Towns. We are sworn at manhood to do any and all in our power to stop the NFH from ever being reborn into this world.

So what's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, stop the bad guys, save the world.

Comment

Nice one Rockbank!

Gandi would be proud of you!!

hope it stays quiet for you for many moons to come

Comment

Originally posted by rockbank@Apr 9 2003, 9:52 AM

Matthew. Thanks for that. I'm not leaving this forum anytime soon though. I still feel that I can contribute to this board and I'll post updates on the conservatory works on the "What's your story" board.

Any thoughts on a book?
            Glad to hear that, wouldn't be the same without you

And everyone that's lived or living with an NFH has so much experience to share through it, albeit granted it's experience none of us wanted to get, we can pass our ideas and knowledge on.

A book's a good idea!

Comment

We tried the no provocation route with ours, and it didn't work.[/b]

Like badger, we tried this unsuccessfully too, then moved.

Good to hear that it worked for you , tho'!

All the best,

H.

Comment

Working...
              X