X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Fish

I know this is German, but thought relevant:

German boy caught roasting neighbour's goldfish

BERLIN, March 12 (Reuters) - German police apprehended an 11-year-old boy as he torched stolen goldfish with a homemade flamethrower, police said on Wednesday.

They discovered the boy roasting the fish with a device made from a water pistol, a cigarette lighter and a stolen petrol canister.

"It was a lethal contraption. He was jolly lucky it didn't explode in his face," said a police spokesman.

Locals had alerted police on Monday after noticing a fire in a yard in the western town of Kellinghusen.

Police confiscated the flamethrower, but were too late to save the goldfish, which were stolen from a neighbour's pond.

The boy's age means he will not be prosecuted.

Source[/b]

Absolutely nasty and abusive behaviour

Mmm....A lot to say on this but I am using restraint!

I think most of you know where I stand on things like this

(In memory of the little fish)

Comment

It makes you wonder how this child was brought up! Most kids are fairly kind towards the animal kingdom and I fear for the future neighbours of this evil little vandal. A serial killer in the making if you ask me (Oh, ok, maybe that was a bit OTT, after all people boil lobsters alive and call it gourmet cooking! )

Misty
      "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Sue@Mar 13 2003, 5:46 PM

When you see these studies of the psychological profiles of serial killers, it usually involves some childhood act of animal cruelty.
        Yes, agreed - we've mentioned James Bulger's killers Thompson and Venables before, but they are the classic example here.

Comment

Our NFH (years back) chucked raw bacon and sausages over the fence (dangerous to dogs) and came in and unbolted a gate so that my dogs could go out on the main road. Me calling for the dogs trying to find them, crying my eyes out, must have made them so happy. I had to get partner from work and we drove round the area trying to find one the one that had got out. We found him, unhurt, quite a way away.

They chucked broken bottles over the fence, plus six inch rusty nails, plus an old engine of some sort... to name but a very few things they did.

(Off topic) A few years ago in London I was walking home from work and could hear a dog screaming and wailing, and some laughter. It tore right through me so I went down an alley on my own and found five youths tying a firework to a dogs tail. I'm five feet nothing and there was no one else around. I told them in a very strong, contained voice to leave the animal alone. They then told me to **** off amongst other things - I then turned into a whirling dervish and lunged at them with a bag full of books - I hit one and screamed like I was a mental case at them as they.... ran away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took the firework off the dog, untied it (they'd tied it up) and went to a vet that was a street away and handed the dog over explaining what had happened, giving my details etc. Two weeks later I got a letter from the owner, an old lady, they'd taken the dog from her garden.

Comment

Spinkysay, you're my kind of person Well done for saving that poor animal from it's suffering. I hope something really nasty happened to the SC*M you chased off. Oooh, it makes my blood boil when I hear stories like that

Something similar happened to my sister, she was only five foot one and if she ever needed an x-ray she only had to be held up to the light. She saved a little kitten from a group of yobs who were trying to drown it. She may have been small but when she lost her temper......

There are some really sickening people around!

Misty
            "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

You cannot believe how animal cruelty upsets me. I just cannot deal with it as it hurts and distresses me so much. Good on you Spinks !!

Before I had my current dog ( a labrador) I had a german shepherd and he had been terribly treated. Although he had total happy days when he came to me. He used to come to work with me so that was good for him as he didn't fret.

The labby, well he had awful dreams really pitiful crying and whinning for the first month and then it all went. We get growls and woofs now but thats it oohh the paws start wagging about.

I really have no idea what goes through peoples minds to do this to animals. They rely on us for their safety and wellbeing - even the wild ones. We have a huge responsibilty for our animal friends and they have no real other means of defence.

I think you have to be pretty unhinged to cause distress to an animal. I often think that without these wonderful creatures in whatever shape and size they may come our lives would be so much poorer without them.

Comment

Early animal abuse is, according to the FBI's profiling unit, one of the pointers to the very nastiest types of human . . . and personal observation would seem to show that it is in many cases a case of the lowest in the pecking order finding something lower to 'do as they have been done' by to - to paraphrase the name Charles Kingsley's "Water Babies" character (a book that should first be read by every would be parent then read to the child at a VERY early age) - I still read it occasionally - it is a lovely book.

Of books, "Savage Spawn" by Jonathan Kellerman, a child psychologist who is currently Clinical Prof. of Paediatrics at USCA Sch. of Med. and Clinical Prof. of Psychology at USC College of Arts & Sciences as well as a prolific author of both texts on psychology and children's books (and a bestselling author of adult books). It isn't a great medical tome; rather one of a series of books on contemporary thought written for the intelligent lay reader so nobody will find it too indigestible to wade through - on the contrary, it makes one want to read more. I do recommend it as it gives a lot of insight into the minds of the nastier of the little devils who plague us - and doesn't loftily blame it all on genes, DNA and other matters that can safely be said to be far above us ordinary folk who have to suffer the taste of the nasty genetic soup that swims between the ears of the little darlings. "Savage Spawn" 134 pages, inc index etc. is available from Amazon at the sterling equivalent of $10.95 (currently £6.95) - Ballantine Books Library of Contemporary Thought.

The book faces up to the usually-evaded question of nature vs nurture and reaches conclusions that seem eminently sensible - and while it is obviously written from observation of American children and their culture - it is certainly since that culture arrived over here on the tv waves and video tapes - and the products of American owned corporations (remember how kids used to create scenes over those damn Cabbage Patch dolls and frantic parents were forming waiting lists for the next importation of the wretched rags? (on the reverse side, of course, is the incredibly funny faff that Jerry Falwell got into over the purple teletubby with the handbag - and how it would instantly turn American tots into raving (excuse the long and boring pc terms) homosexually-afflicted potential Aids victims . . . ) As I was visiting the States at the time, oh, the temptation to fill my deep sea kitbag with these perishing toys and make a killing outside Walmart or Toys ERA Us. . . commercial importation of this particular t/tubby was actually forbidden - with the usual result that this has. Would I have had to face the "shame" of deportation for the desire to "corrupt" American youth with a purple toy? Would they have actually been stupid enough to show themselves up as that stupid?

Back to real animals. Here, it is hedgehogs as footballs. I threatened to loose the dog should I see any such behaviour - or my sons tell me of it - around here, but of course, that and plenty of other victimisation of ANY creature unable to protect itself carries on - ponies being galloped flat out in the heat and smog of a drought summer to show off - what I don't know - but seeing these poor animals, usually unshod or with their worn shoes rattling loose on their overlong feet, soaked in sweat which is washing off the patches of mud that is dried into their coats - except of course, in the places where it matters most but can't get out - under the saddle and girth areas. I've reported it to the RSPCA - but as usual, I don't know the names of the owners - although I can tell them where the ponies are kept, describe them and their ill-fitting saddlery I get the usual whine of 'we can't do anything without the names'. If I can't chase an child on foot how much less can I chase even a lame pony?

Again - the police are happy to jog around the area VERY occasionally on their expensively maintained mounts . . . but hang out close to the fields to catch them? Not likely. They are content to risk these beautiful animals against drunken and armed football hooligans - the riot gear the horses wear is no protection against petrol bombs and thrown sharps etc - but use them to catch other ponies - no. To chase little ***s through gardens, where the horses can jump the fences etc - no. Despite the annual displays of the horses jumping washing lines complete with clothes and other obstacles commonly found in urban situations - so, just like the helicopters, they are fun toys for the boys - and girls too now.

One mounted policewoman I spoke to admitted to being able to keep two ful size horses AT LIVERY on her pay - as well as buy a house - so their pay can't be that bad, can it? Especially when one is doing something as enjoyable as caring for and sitting on a top quality horse each and every day.

Yet the LA cannot afford to police the areas that produce the NFHs apparently. Cannot afford to prevent people chaining GSDs and other large dogs in tiny concrete yards - and NEVER exercise them. Seemingly they can't do anything about dog fighting, badgerbaiting or dogbreeding (including savage breeds supposedly controlled by law) in unsuitable premises, either.

So spinkysay - where's your medal, then? Probably in the same cupboard as the one I haven't got for preventing NFHs poisoning those venomous slowworms and lizards, toads and fieldmice - horrible vermin that they are. NFHs should look in mirrors if they want to find vermin to poison. Their kids should keep their fireworks in their pockets - just add matches.

Comment

I find it interesting that a certain Mr.George W.Bush would probably applaud the actions of that young German.
                  «One of the local rituals for children,» reported Nicholas D. Kristof of Life in Midland, Texas, when George W. was a boy, «were meetings with cookies and milk at the home of a nice old lady who represented the SPCA. The cookies were digested more thoroughly than the teachings.»

«`We were terrible to animals,' recalled [Bush pal Terry]Throckmorton, laughing. A dip behind the Bush borne turned into a small lake after a good rain, and thousands of frogs would come out. `Everybody would get BB guns and shoot them,' Throckmorton said. `Or we'd put firecrackers in the frogs and throw them and blow them up.'»

Kristof made plain that «we» explicitly included George W. Bush, and that George W., the Safari Club International «Governor of the Year» in 1999 for his support of trophy hunting, was the leader among the boys who did it.[/b]

The rest of the article can be found at http://www.all-creatures.org/aip/nl-3nov20...2000-frogs.html

See, kiddies, be nasty to animals and you too could end up the most powerful war monger in the world!

No more comment.

Misty

Comment

Thanks for that Misty, very interesting, I shall be passing it on.

I'm with Scooby, cruelty to animals make me sick with rage. It really affects me.

Did you all know The National Trust allows hunting and shooting on their land? Despicable.

Comment

Misty and co.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you

Comment

This reminds me of that horrible (and I still think of it every time I see one) story about a year ago where those couple of kids were taking toads from a nearby pond and happily cutting them up with garden shears. I was so angry after hearing that and I felt seriously sick to the stomach that kids (and I don't think they were little either) find such pleasure in doing something so pointlessly cruel. I know it's soo politically incorrect (and illegal) but who would like to get in a line and give them a serious kick up the backside?

It's hard not to look at each "hoody kid" (you know the ones) and not think that mentally, they all work the same. I had a hedgehog coming into my garden every night last year which was amazing since I live in a really built up estate area. I haven't seen him once this year and you just can't help but think the worst. Does anyone know if Hedgehogs move around or do they tend to home for life in one area?

Comment

Yes, I remember that story, sickening and appalling!

Not sure about hedgehogs locations though, there's a fact sheet here:

http://www.wildlifetrust.org.uk/staffs/Fact8.htm

Maybe someone else can clarify that?

Comment

Should have realised you'd know Badger, being a 'wild one' yourself

Comment

I've heard that herons are very territorial and if you place an imitation heron next to the pond the real ones will leave you alone. I don't know how true this is I just heard it the other day in the triv club.

Misty

Comment

Working...
                              X