This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• night noise

HELLO, MY NAME IS DEBBIE. I REALLY DONT WANT TO GO INTO A LONG STORY, I KNOW PEOPLE ON THIS SIGHT HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS OF THEIR OWN. BUT I PROMISE THAT I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE FULL BLOWN SAGA IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I LIVE IN SCOTLAND AND AM SURE THE LAW IS DIFFERENT HERE FROM ENGLISH LAW, IS IT TRUE THAT YOU CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT A NOISY CHILD?? MY NEIGHBOURS CHILD MAKES SO MUCH NOISE AT NIGHT. EVEN THOUGH HE HAS SCHOOL IN THE MORNING, HE SEEMS TO BE UP TO THE VERY EARLY HOURS IN THE MORNING. HE KEEPS MY 2 CHLDREN AWAKE AND I CANT GO TO BED EITHER UNTIL HE IS FINALLY QUIET. I FEEL LIKE A MOANING MINNIE BUT HE BANGS OFF THE WALLS AND KICKS FOOTBALLS ETC OFF THEM, IT DRIVES ME INSANE. IVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO DROWN HIM OUT BUT EVEN THE FARTHEST AWAY PART OF MY HOUSE, I CAN HEAR HIM AS IF HE WAS IN THE ROOM WITH ME.

Hi Debz.

It can't be much fun listening to all that noise at night. Is the child in any way hyperactive or do you know if he has any physical or mental problems? Or is he just a pain in the posterior?

I'm sure there must be something that can be done if he is so bad he keeps your own children awake at night. Have you approached his parents about the noise? Do you live in a rented house or is it private?

Sorry to ask all these questions but it might give us a better idea of the situation and some of the other members might be able to help, especially the Scottish members.

If your NFH is a tenant, you could ask your local housing office to do something.

It's a bit late now and I'm quite tired, but I'm sure there will be lots of replies from other members by tomorrow. Hope there is something that can be done to help you.

Take care

Misty
    "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Welcome to the group Debz,

Sorry to hear you are having disturbed nights, It is just horrible when you constantly need to catch up on your sleep.

We have several Scottish members on the board and the law seems to be pretty much the same.

I have to ask a really stupid question.....have you told your neighbour about their sons noise and how it effects you???

sometimes people do not know/realise that they can be heard.

so normally this is what we need to do..

* talk to NFH

* write to NFH stating how they are effecting you with noise.(keep a copy)

* contact EHO saying you have spoken to them and writen,

* start keeping a noise log. (templates on the main site)

You need to do all these before the EHO can put recording equipent in, they need to see proof of the disturbance.

It is a long drawn out process and you will think what is the point,

you can come here any time of day and sometimes night for support, we have a specail ranters corner that only members of the board can see, so feel free to let off a bit of steam in there,

We are also having chat sessions evey sunday at 8pm which you are welcome to join (on the main site, you need to register first)

I hope you get loads of help loads of support and make loads of friends here!!

Comment

Hi debz,

You are not along with troublesome kids playing football against your inside joining wall as we had the exact same problem! A kid doing this is of course no different then an adult doing the same, it’s the disturbance that matters. Ours doesn’t do this so often now as I think he's got bored with it - I really hope your neighbor goes the same way!

~ Peter J.

Comment

Hi Debz,

Sorry I've come into this thread at a late stage, but you've had loads of brilliant advice alread and I've been beaten to it

All that remains is for me to say a big hi and welcome!

Come and chat with us live in the chatroom tonight (Sunday - 8pm) if you're about!

Come and register first for the chat HERE.

Come back often to the forum - looking forward to your posts.

Comment

To answer a few questions, I have bought my house and to be honest I think the childs problem is a definate lack of dicipline. I have said on a few occasions about the noise but I get a large sigh. I don`t think the parents want to hear that their child is a problem. I am scared to death of confrontation. Would you belive this is the sixth time I have moved due to nfh. The last lot were party animals. It was a council house and even though I had monitoring equipment etc and my neighbours were caught, my neighbours at the other side of me wouldn`t get involved or help back up my story so there was nothing that i could do. I thought all my troubles were solved when we bought this house. I thought at first it was just me, that I had a low tolerance of noise, I went to psychologists etc who said mentally, yes i was scarred but they wouldn`t like it either. Eventually, we came to the conclusion that i was just very, very unlucky...

Comment

Wow, Debz, you have been unlucky I can understand not liking confrontation I hate it myself, I get really wound up, feel sick and get a banging headache.

I think Beth's advice about writing a letter to your NFH might be a good idea. That way she knows how you are being affected and unless she knocks on your door there is no confrontation.

It would be a miracle if you weren't scarred after all the bad experiences you've had with NFH. I hope that you can sort something out with your NFH. If not then you will probably to have to go the long route with diaries and getting the EHO involved.

Let us know if anything happens and come back often.

Misty
              "Almost anything you do will seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Comment

Hi Debz

You sure you dont live in oor hoose? (as oor wullie would say) ie a BRAT!! next door.

We could swap long and sad tales about that one!!

The others have given you some excellent advice so I wont go over old ground but suffice to say that the law is almost identical up here as to "doon there!!" - only kidding you lot before you say anything!!

I think the only difference might be "breach of the peace" which as you will know has a slightly different interpretation up here.

You must must must get the ball rolling on this one though, difficult though it may be.

By the way were from Fife, are you near??( keep it vague- you never know who's watching!)

keep in touch

Horsefans

"Take off and nuke the site from orbit- it's the only way to be sure!"

apologies if you are an "Aliens" fan

Posh Noodle - NOT for the likes of YOU!!

Comment

Working...
                X